Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Declan Cross gets the TD he deserved earlier on effort!
    Cross looking like he is progressing as a CFL fullback (after a couple of bad drops as a rookie); big fullback body, but the guy has tailback experience with Mac = he can handle the ball and make yards; like to see him used even more as part of a diverse offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Cross looking like he is progressing as a CFL fullback (after a couple of bad drops as a rookie); big fullback body, but the guy has tailback experience with Mac = he can handle the ball and make yards; like to see him used even more as part of a diverse offence.
    Cross is a bulldozer who has caught 12 passes this year but has not had a single running play yet. I hope the Argos put in a few running plays for him to also take advantage of his running ability.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I would have pulled Ray, as mentioned above, but the "brain trust" did a good job of protecting him in the second half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I usually get bored watching blowouts but with concerns about Ray's health and last week's failure to score a TD I thoroughly enjoyed this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Looks like a very sparse crowd on TV.
    It was actually a season-high crowd of over 16k. It looked less sparse than any other game this year. It is taking some time but we are seeing attendance increase bit by bit.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    That is what you call a nearly-perfect game. All three phases were outstanding and the defence pitched a shutout. The Montreal INT for a TD was more of a good play on their part than anything. Not many penalties for the Argos and the offensive line and running backs protected Ricky Ray extremely well. The injuries to Coombs and Owusu-Ansah suck but other players will just have to step up as has been the case at other positions this season.

Right now, the Argos look like the best team in the CFL East. Interestingly, they have the same record as last year at this time - 4-5 - but they had lost three homes games in a row last year at this time while this year's edition seems to be trending upwards. A 5-4 second half record, including a September 23rd win over the Als would put the Argos in great position to claim first place but I would love to see them do even better than that. They need to prove that they can beat some of these western teams in the second half of the season. Overall though, they are doing better than most on here expected back in January, I bet.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That is what you call a nearly-perfect game. All three phases were outstanding and the defence pitched a shutout. The Montreal INT for a TD was more of a good play on their part than anything. Not many penalties for the Argos and the offensive line and running backs protected Ricky Ray extremely well. The injuries to Coombs and Owusu-Ansah suck but other players will just have to step up as has been the case at other positions this season.

Right now, the Argos look like the best team in the CFL East. Interestingly, they have the same record as last year at this time - 4-5 - but they had lost three homes games in a row last year at this time while this year's edition seems to be trending upwards. A 5-4 second half record, including a September 23rd win over the Als would put the Argos in great position to claim first place but I would love to see them do even better than that. They need to prove that they can beat some of these western teams in the second half of the season. Overall though, they are doing better than most on here expected back in January, I bet.
    That Als INT TD was a result of a deflection/knock-down by I believe DE JS Blanc - a former star CIS DE who Jimmy P drafted and converted into a fullback "project" for the Als last season; Blanc also had a sack of Ricky Ray and some other pressures in limited playing time - which he was getting because the Als had to go with 2 NI D-linemen in their rotation there in order to get to the 7 only NIs in their "starting" line-up. Be interesting to see if Blanc gets rewarded with more playing time from that strong effort - at his real position. Sadly - this is often not the case for young Canadian players who get a shot and show lots right away. The Als went with 3 import starting O-linemen this game, and from what i've heard from some (including a funny call-in from some clown on the RedBlacks radio post-game last night) - this should have meant the superior, tougher/meaner import laden Als O-line should have dominated the game - with holes galore for their RBs and all day for Durant to throw. Score at half-time: Argos 35 and Als (with such a huge advantage on offence) ZERO.

Ravi - I believe the East this year will come down to the Argos vs. Ottawa for the title, and with a healthy Ricky Ray and a better Argo D, I like our chances there. A West cross-over could still win the East though maybe ?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    That is what you call a nearly-perfect game. All three phases were outstanding and the defence pitched a shutout.
    So true, and so nice. It was wonderful that the only real concern was fussing over whether we were making the right calls about protecting players vs. accumulating stats.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    He should've got cut last year for dropping the ball......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=ArgoRavi;114948]It was actually a season-high crowd of over 16k. It looked less sparse than any other game this year. It is taking some time but we are seeing attendance increase bit by bit.[/QUOTE

The atmosphere was very very good today. Crowd had lots to cheer about. Argo simply dominated. Marc Trestman has never lost a home game to Montreal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Cross gets his TD. Wonderful!

I don't have the aversion to Rod Black that many do, but someone needs to teach him what "stuffed" means, in football terms.
    I hear it means something different in England.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not much to add so I'll just say it was a great game! The D was fantastic and it was great having Ray back. I'm also so impressed with SJ Green. He reminds me of a more acrobatic DK Smith but with the same kind of toughness.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I believe the East this year will come down to the Argos vs. Ottawa for the title, and with a healthy Ricky Ray and a better Argo D, I like our chances there. A West cross-over could still win the East though maybe ?
    I agree as long as Ray stays healthy - a big if considering his history the last few years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    A 5-4 second half record, including a September 23rd win over the Als would put the Argos in great position to claim first place
    I think we should aim higher. This team may be starting to gel under the new HC. They gave two or three games away in the first half of the season, call it growing pains for the new regime. They won't be making those mistakes again. I think we should realistically hope for at least a 6-3 second half if Ricky stays healthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    Desperate times call for desperate measures Paul so I will be making the trip again. Just to clarify the Argos have not lost in the last 10 years with my ass in a seat. Personally I don't know why they don't bring me to every game.
    Argos 38 - Montreal 6. You're welcome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is the first Argos game of nine we missed attending this year. It looks like our absence was also a contributing factor. Maybe the Argos will arrange for you to use our tickets for the balance of 2017.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Perhaps the best game the Argos have played since the 2014 home opener against the Roughriders?

Ray just had to have that pass tipped, picked off and returned for a TD, eh?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Much appreciated. Great game, great night. The Goal line interception, likely caused by you, was the turning point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Much appreciated. Great game, great night. The Goal line interception, likely caused by you, was the turning point.
    Again, you're welcome. BTW, on that play I suffered a significant beer spill injury but was able to tough it out through the remainder of the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Again, you're welcome. BTW, on that play I suffered a significant beer spill injury but was able to tough it out through the remainder of the game.
    Wow!
    Very irresponsible of you to tough it out.
    Security staff should have removed your beer and placed you into "drink protocol" until you showed you were uninjured.