Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Ottawa vs. Hamilton Friday August 18th

The RedBlacks play the winless Ticats at 7:30 PM on Friday. Hamilton has rarely shown any sign of life under Austin this season. I doubt it will change this week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Losing Collaros and Harris really did turn into a debacle. Just not for the Argos.

Ottawa should take it. Ticat Canadian d-linemen have been dropping like flies.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Losing Collaros and Harris really did turn into a debacle. Just not for the Argos.

Ottawa should take it. Ticat Canadian d-linemen have been dropping like flies.
    If Ottawa doesn't win this one, there may be a riot in the nation's capital.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here' Drew Edwards comments on Hamilton's practice for the game:

• despite the absence of Ted Laurent (who didn’t practice again on Wednesday), Mike Atkinson (who is on the six-game) and Evan Gill (gone with a suspected Achilles injury) the Ticats look like they still plan to start a Canadian defensive tackle: rookie Justin Vaughn.• the Ticats do not have another healthy Canadian defensive tackle available so if Vaughn gets hurt at any point, they’ll have to make a ratio change elsewhere. My guess: they’ll use national Mercer Timmis at running back or go to two Canadian receivers.

• speaking of which, I think it’s possible that we’ll see Felix Faubert-Lussier supplant Mike Jones as the starting Canadian receiver. Jones has had issues hanging on to the football the last few weeks. The team could dress three national wideouts: Faubert-Lussier, Jones and Giovanni Aprile.
    • linebacker Simoni Lawrence practiced Wednesday after missing Tuesday with what coach Kent Austin called a “maintenance day” and I think it’s likely he’ll play.
    • the offensive line looks unchanged from last week, though Xavier Fulton was getting some reps at left tackle with the first team. Don’t know if there’s a decision to be made between him and Lamar Holmes or if he’s just getting some work in.
    • looks like both Demond Washington and Emanuel Davis will play in the secondary this week. Washington has been battling knee issues while Davis caught food poisoning before last week’s game after missing the first six weeks with a lower body issue.
    http://3downnation.com/2017/08/16/up...-need-solving/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Only question for me about this game is how quickly Jones and Lolley are able to implement changes from earlier in this dreadful season for the Pussy-Cats.

I don't think fast enough to save this game, so I look for a REDBLACKS victory as Kenny Stafford returns for them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That would be Kenny Shaw.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Because of Ottawa's 1-6-1 record and the CFL's crossover rule, former Argo QB Trevor Harris views today's game as a "semi-playoff" in terms of the RedBlacks chances of making the playoffs. He and his teammates should be highly motivated. The question is whether the Ticats will be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I think the Pussy-Cats litter box is probably full after this loss.

Hmm, can't imagine what it's like to be a Pussy-Cats fan this year - especially any new ones!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I think the Pussy-Cats litter box is probably full after this loss.

Hmm, can't imagine what it's like to be a Pussy-Cats fan this year - especially any new ones!
    I hope former Argo superfan Argoania is enjoying the experience!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I hope former Argo superfan Argoania is enjoying the experience!
    HA!! Bad timing to switch alliances. I took offence when she left, so I can't say I'm sorry. After watching the game last night, the team reminds me of our Argos last year. Talent there but the losing becomes infectious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    HA!! Bad timing to switch alliances. I took offence when she left, so I can't say I'm sorry. After watching the game last night, the team reminds me of our Argos last year. Talent there but the losing becomes infectious.
    Talent is certainly not there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Talent is certainly not there.
    Agreed. They have some good starting talent, but when injuries kick in, they lack depth. Argos are somewhat in the same position. Whether the depth players just need to gain experience, or are not good enough, I don't know. I think the Argos if 100% healthy, can play with anyone in the league.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    What has happened to Hamilton's receiving corps? What happened to Tyms who looked promising at the end of last year? While Collaros has struggled, I don't see that he has a lot to work with in that receiving corps other than Luke Tasker. Their offensive line isn't good enough either.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    What has happened to Hamilton's receiving corps? What happened to Tyms who looked promising at the end of last year? While Collaros has struggled, I don't see that he has a lot to work with in that receiving corps other than Luke Tasker. Their offensive line isn't good enough either.
    Collins should help but much more help is needed. Great time for Hammy's bye.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level

Austin & June Jones went with 2 NI receivers (Jones & Aprile) last game in their oh so problematic attempt to field 7 NI starters - those 2 would be guaranteed to get little passes thrown their way. Not sure if Tyms even dressed? But he, Saunders (ex- NY Jet) and Aultman have all flashed some talent as young import receivers; and now they have added Ricky Collins (very impressive with the Riders last season IMO) via trade. Problem there is not the receiving corps IMO but rather an ultra predictable offence with little ground game support and an iffy O-line, AND a good QB in Collaros who looks totally shot in confidence or ability to run that same old predictable offence. Fantuz maybe returning late in the season would help, with Tasker as a solid receiver too and those young imports. Massoli might have to be the answer there and maybe he could help, but Collaros looks done with Austin and that offence.

Pussycats have plenty of talent on D IMO (not sure why Craig Butler is not playing on that D ? - he is back playing special teams and made a nice tackle there last game, but why not have such a vet play-maker in on D?); injuries galore have hurt their D (3 NI DTs out including stud Laurent now) - and getting some good players back there could help, but all CFL teams have had to deal with lots of injuries it seems over the past 2 seasons (sad - but a fact of football often).

Season probably done there but i guess they could still rally to take an East play-off spot ?- time to say see ya to GOB clowns Kenty & Tillspin ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Austin & June Jones went with 2 NI receivers (Jones & Aprile) last game in their oh so problematic attempt to field 7 NI starters - those 2 would be guaranteed to get little passes thrown their way. Not sure if Tyms even dressed? But he, Saunders (ex- NY Jet) and Aultman have all flashed some talent as young import receivers; and now they have added Ricky Collins (very impressive with the Riders last season IMO) via trade. Problem there is not the receiving corps IMO but rather an ultra predictable offence with little ground game support and an iffy O-line, AND a good QB in Collaros who looks totally shot in confidence or ability to run that same old predictable offence. Fantuz maybe returning late in the season would help, with Tasker as a solid receiver too and those young imports. Massoli might have to be the answer there and maybe he could help, but Collaros looks done with Austin and that offence.

Pussycats have plenty of talent on D IMO (not sure why Craig Butler is not playing on that D ? - he is back playing special teams and made a nice tackle there last game, but why not have such a vet play-maker in on D?); injuries galore have hurt their D (3 NI DTs out including stud Laurent now) - and getting some good players back there could help, but all CFL teams have had to deal with lots of injuries it seems over the past 2 seasons (sad - but a fact of football often).

Season probably done there but i guess they could still rally to take an East play-off spot ?- time to say see ya to GOB clowns Kenty & Tillspin ?
    Sorry, OV, but the only thing Mike Jones has been doing is dropping passes. If he and Aprile aren't being thrown to, it is likely because neither is a starting-calibre receiver. Overall talent level on that team isn't good enough but that receiving corps doesn't give any QB much to work with, as currently constituted. Rod Black said today that Tyms was scratched last night btw. I didn't know this but Tyms is S.J. Green's brother-in-law and attended the Argos' glorious victory over the Als.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Sorry, OV, but the only thing Mike Jones has been doing is dropping passes. If he and Aprile aren't being thrown to, it is likely because neither is a starting-calibre receiver. Overall talent level on that team isn't good enough but that receiving corps doesn't give any QB much to work with, as currently constituted. Rod Black said today that Tyms was scratched last night btw. I didn't know this but Tyms is S.J. Green's brother-in-law and attended the Argos' glorious victory over the Als.
    Sorry Ravi - and Jones has had his drops problems this year - but boardhands import receivers like Bkhari Grant or Khalil Paden or Nick Moore or Fuller for the Argos this year or that Michel guy for the Stamps last night, continue to get CFL playing time and passes directed their way; if Jones gets written off for a few drops then what about those others? IF Aprile gets a good number of passes thrown his way in a game, and does little, then time to conclude he is maybe not "good enough"; but when you put one or two NI receivers in your line-up and decide they will just run clearing routes and they don't rate any throws their way = you will get little.

Fantuz - a vet sure-handed receiver - is out of the Ticats line-up with injury; how do you think the Argo receiving corps would rate with SJ Green out of the line-up? And a CFL team could have an all-time great receiving corps starting, but if the defence knows it is all same old pass plays coming, and their QB is under seige all the time with a weak O-Line and basically zero run game, then don't expect much there.

The Ticats just added Ricky Collins in a trade; combine him with a healthy Fantuz, Tasker and two of the likes of Tyms or Saunders or Aultman, and the Ticats would have a very good (challenging for league best talent corps IMO) group of receivers; wouldn't matter though if Collaros continues to look shot/shell shocked or whoever at QB is getting rushed or flushed all the time trying to run same old dumb offence. And Kenty continues to trot out over-rated CJ Gable as his every down tailback; Mercer Timmis - an explosive college ball back - might be able to help there, but not with no touches or opportunity cause of your passport - see how that works ?