Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I would hate to see Popp give up three young Canadians out of Waud, Noel, Jones, Campbell and Woodson to name some. None really starters right now but starters of the future. Plus probably a #1 pick. Popp never seems to value the #1 picks as others do. Maybe because the best players get passed over by most teams to take players who will be available the year they're drafted. Collaros has a base salary of 520,000 ? that supposedly is front loaded. Could be he is only owed maybe 300,000 in 2018, which could probably work somehow. But my concern is that Collaros doesn't look like the same QB we saw before his injuries. Maybe Hamilton feels the same way, and would like to unload him to make way for Johnny Football.
    Personally I think the Argos should sit tight and let things continue to implode in Hamilton and see if Collaros eventually gets released then see what happens if they are still interested (wish they'd have done the same last year).
    Hamilton seems in disarray and I'd be in no hurry to help them out of it, let them continue to pay their new back up QB his hefty salary until they figure it out.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Personally I think the Argos should sit tight and let things continue to implode in Hamilton and see if Collaros eventually gets released then see what happens if they are still interested (wish they'd have done the same last year).
    Hamilton seems in disarray and I'd be in no hurry to help them out of it, let them continue to pay their new back up QB his hefty salary until they figure it out.

Agreed. Let it come to us. Don't (Willy) force it. Lots of good QB's who have been better (lately) and would come much cheaper in the off season. There is opportunity in the East, but we can't burn the future either. I would be ok with Jones and Waud (with a first) but beyond that .....just wait.