Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    We have to get through this season and hopefully the Grey Cup before worrying about next year. I really have not become a fan of Zach Collaros and his actions on field. I do believe he is done in Hamilton no matter what. His big salary, poor performance and then topped off with his insubordination means he will get traded or cut if it comes to that. To me his logical landing has to be Montreal or Saskatchewan. They have the biggest need for an experience QB IMO. I can see Popp taking a run at Franklin and maybe Edmonton would give the Argos a leg up early to talk to him to try and keep him out of the Western Conference and from enemy #1 Chris Jones. Edmonton has not given Franklin much playing time but any time he has got in there he looks good.
    Insubordination ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Insubordination ?
    As Casey Stengel used to say "you can look it up". It's in Websters.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    As Casey Stengel used to say "you can look it up". It's in Websters.
    By all accounts Zach has been a good team mate and locker room presence, so what chu talking bout Willis ?

Seems to me, people are still bitter about Zach's wave, and/or how a bunch of fans wanted Zach to stay and crapped all over Ray and Milo.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    By all accounts Zach has been a good team mate and locker room presence, so what chu talking bout Willis ?

Seems to me, people are still bitter about Zach's wave, and/or how a bunch of fans wanted Zach to stay and crapped all over Ray and Milo.
    I don't have an issue with a player waving at the other bench etc. happens all the time. Part of game. Like trash talking. Don't really have an issue with him wanting to go and make more money instead of staying, being patient, and learning from a better QB in Ricky Ray. Showed me a little bit of his character though, thinking he was better than he was and selfish. (although that is a youthful thing).
    But getting back to the insubordination. Any time a player in any sport comes off the field yelling at his Coach (who is also Head of Football Operations) on National TV, that player is as good as gone. Sometimes it is immediately, sometimes if you are the starting QB it takes a little while, but it will happen. The Coaching fraternity are like Brothers, they love to beat each other but don't let anybody else start dumping on them. So where ever Mr. Collaros ends up there will be some long talks behind closed doors. Because if you don't learn how to act growing up you will learn it the hard way, especially in the world of pro football. So having said all that I don't want him back with the Argos, but that's not up to me to decide. And everybody said "thank goodness".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Tomorrow is the trade deadline. If Collaros is not an Argonaut by 5pm, then we'll probably have to wait for his off-season release. I find it hard to believe anyone would take on his contract, but it is for only a few games, so anything can happen I guess. Montreal has some decent LB's (Herbert and Cox) that might be worth looking at if our injuries are a worry. I'm sure Jim Popp is looking them over.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Tomorrow is the trade deadline. If Collaros is not an Argonaut by 5pm, then we'll probably have to wait for his off-season release. I find it hard to believe anyone would take on his contract, but it is for only a few games, so anything can happen I guess. Montreal has some decent LB's (Herbert and Cox) that might be worth looking at if our injuries are a worry. I'm sure Jim Popp is looking them over.
    Sit tight and let Hamilton continue to pay Collaros and see what happens in the off season.
    Trading with Hamilton at this time would be doing them a big favour (who wants to do that)?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Sit tight and let Hamilton continue to pay Collaros and see what happens in the off season.
    Trading with Hamilton at this time would be doing them a big favour (who wants to do that)?
    If you can get him for a 6th round pick like SJ Green, I say do it today.
    It's us vs the rest of the country