Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

GAME THREAD / Week 11 / Toronto @ Hamilton

Kind of a must-win if you ask me.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The cats are in total disarray on and off the field but we usually seem to struggle in the Labour Day Classic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Kind of a must-win if you ask me.
    For which team?
    And why?

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    For which team?
    And why?
    The Argos and the reasons for that are a win on Labour Day would give the Argos the season series. Taking care of business in their own division is crucial given that the Argos have not beaten a western team as of yet. In addition, Ottawa is breathing down our necks and can take first place in the east with a win in Ottawa and a Toronto loss in Hamilton.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree, must win. If we win the season series against all three east teams we are very likely to be in the playoffs. One win against Ham and one against Mtl would likely put us in. Having said that, I think it is essential to finish first and not have to face one of Eskimos/Bombers/Lions in the semi.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I think we need this W too, not a must win but if there is an objective of winning the East, you gotta stomp out your opposition when given the chance.This game gives the Argos the tiebreak with both Hamilton (if successful) and Ottawa with a home game in September giving the chance to get that with Montreal too.

So well it’s not “must win” I’ve gotta say, if the Boatmen can’t go into THF and get a win against that hot mess of a team, I dunno about this team. Yes I’m tossing aside the parts that the Argos of late have struggled on labour day and the oddities that can and will occur during rivalry games.

Personally, I think Ricky just rips their defence apart on Monday. They will have next to no pass rush and he should be able to just pick apart that secondary, especially with Posey back.I gotta think this is a make it or break it game for a guy like Fuller too – if you can’t generate some offence in this game, how the heck are you going to do it vs. Edmonton or even Montreal for that matter?

Anyhow as always, we will see! This team has a special ability to slap me in the face when I get too up on its chances – I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=Argofans.com;115403]The Argos and the reasons for that are a win on Labour Day would give the Argos the season series. Taking care of business in their own division is crucial given that the Argos have not beaten a western team as of yet. In addition, Ottawa is breathing down our necks and can take first place in the east with a win in Ottawa and a Toronto loss in Hamilton.[/QUOTE

I was going to respond, but you hit the nail on the head. And I believe that there is more pressure on them to win, than on Hamilton.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Given the circus show in Hamilton, how can the Argos not win? *knocks on wood

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    I think we need this W too, not a must win but if there is an objective of winning the East, you gotta stomp out your opposition when given the chance.This game gives the Argos the tiebreak with both Hamilton (if successful) and Ottawa with a home game in September giving the chance to get that with Montreal too.

So well it’s not “must win” I’ve gotta say, if the Boatmen can’t go into THF and get a win against that hot mess of a team, I dunno about this team. Yes I’m tossing aside the parts that the Argos of late have struggled on labour day and the oddities that can and will occur during rivalry games.

Personally, I think Ricky just rips their defence apart on Monday. They will have next to no pass rush and he should be able to just pick apart that secondary, especially with Posey back.I gotta think this is a make it or break it game for a guy like Fuller too – if you can’t generate some offence in this game, how the heck are you going to do it vs. Edmonton or even Montreal for that matter?

Anyhow as always, we will see! This team has a special ability to slap me in the face when I get too up on its chances – I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that.
    Pretty much agree with all of the above.

Since the Argos play the Pussy-Cats again at the end of September (in Hamilton again), the season series isn't necessarily lost if they don't win on Monday, so not a "must win" for the Argos. HOWEVER, it would be great to seal the season series win this week. Plus, spoiling the Cats usual Labour Day party is incentive on its own.
    I also agree that the Cats are indeed a hot mess right now. The management fiasco is certainly a distraction for everyone. The new coach was part of that so he can't be entirely focussed on football. The star QB has been benched (for several games supposedly) and has been discussed in trade talks. And the defence also has a new co-ordinator - it remains to be seen if he can improve that dismally performing group.

The Argos SHOULD be able to walk out of the Litter Box with a victory.
    But it is the Labour Day game. Nothing seems to happen as it should for the Argos in this game unfortunately.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Must win.

Hamilton probably won't roll over and die, but if we can't beat them now it will undermine team confidence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Agreed, this is a must win for team confidence atleast. Hamilton appears to be a dumpster fire right now, it would be humiliating to lose to them, especially at the labour day classic.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Happy with all of the distractions in Hamilton this week and hope this helps the Argos win on labour day (which is always tough!).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    June Jones is out for revenge on the Argos for releasing him in 1982.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    Agreed, this is a must win for team confidence atleast. Hamilton appears to be a dumpster fire right now, it would be humiliating to lose to them, especially at the labour day classic.
    I agree, i.e., it'd be humiliating... at best.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Read the argos haven’t won labour day since 2012, I think they’re due.

A good quick start and I think we’re off to the races, as soon as the tabbies are down a td or 2 the fans start turning on them and their squabbling internally I think.

If the Argos let them hang around they play loose and really have nothing to lose – even with a bad team that can be scary (for us).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    With Masoli starting, it will be interesting to see who we can dress on the D-line. I hope Cash is finally able to get some reps, Bishop should be back but it sounds like Butler won't be back until after the bye. If we can collapse Hamiltons O-line on a consistent basis (Xavier Fulton was released a couple days ago), then the Argos have no reason not to win going away.

Trestman and Chamblin should out coach Jones and Lolly, no question.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    What gives me confidence is our defence. With a few exceptions, it has been very strong this year despite a slew of injuries to starters. Pitched a shutout two weeks ago and gave up only 23 points to the league's strongest team, even though our own offence did little to control or move the ball last week. I feel we will have a good game on defence, which will set us up for success on offence. Obviously there are some unknowns with a new coach, new QB and no doubt a willingness on Hamilton's part to roll the dice and play aggressively, and of course Labour Day is a challenge for us most of the time. But I am feeling confident about this one.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Read the argos haven’t won labour day since 2012, I think they’re due.

A good quick start and I think we’re off to the races, as soon as the tabbies are down a td or 2 the fans start turning on them and their squabbling internally I think.

If the Argos let them hang around they play loose and really have nothing to lose – even with a bad team that can be scary (for us).
    I was at that 2012 Labour Day game, thing of beauty!!
    This game scares the hell out of me, Masoli and the Ticats will be hyped up trying to impress their new coach and get their first win, Argonauts better start strong to avoid letting Hamilton get any momentum or it could be a frustrating game to watch (which actually wouldn't surprise me).
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    With Masoli starting, it will be interesting to see who we can dress on the D-line. I hope Cash is finally able to get some reps, Bishop should be back but it sounds like Butler won't be back until after the bye.
    Owusu-Ansah should probably(?) be back, which will help a lot in the secondary. In theory, the D should be fine...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Owusu-Ansah should probably(?) be back, which will help a lot in the secondary. In theory, the D should be fine...
    Two picks - hmmm, or should I say three? - from Masoli.