Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Not a good report for football. Something has to change or we are going to lose the game we love. I know what these guys are talking about as even in High School I had my "bell rung". QB's are always fair game. I found out what the term "having your bell rung" really felt like. When your brain bounces around inside your skull it actually feels like your whole head is vibrating. Paralyzing you for a few seconds.
    I know the officials are just calling the game within the rules but it seems they are more concerned with a little hand push a way from the play on a run back or a finger over the goal line on a one yard plunge then a vicious helmet to helmet hit.
    The teams are going to have to start teaching more the Rugby style of tackling and put in game ejections and fines for tackles leading with the helmet.

I saw an article recently that some NCAA teams are starting to get the message and are bringing out Rugby Coaches to teach tackling without leading with the head. But it has to come from the top, and in Pro Sports that starts with the owners.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Not a good report for football. Something has to change or we are going to lose the game we love. I know what these guys are talking about as even in High School I had my "bell rung". QB's are always fair game. I found out what the term "having your bell rung" really felt like. When your brain bounces around inside your skull it actually feels like your whole head is vibrating. Paralyzing you for a few seconds.
    I know the officials are just calling the game within the rules but it seems they are more concerned with a little hand push a way from the play on a run back or a finger over the goal line on a one yard plunge then a vicious helmet to helmet hit.
    The teams are going to have to start teaching more the Rugby style of tackling and put in game ejections and fines for tackles leading with the helmet.

I saw an article recently that some NCAA teams are starting to get the message and are bringing out Rugby Coaches to teach tackling without leading with the head. But it has to come from the top, and in Pro Sports that starts with the owners.
    Before the NFL concussion study funded by the National Football League, NFL insisted the other sports also be included in the study. Assholes in charge over ruled the NFL and now we are only talking football. Everyone knows you are going to see the similar results in the other sports. Some of the highest concussions are reported in girls soccer. Male soccer probably high - hockey for sure - rugby, wrestling, boxing, UFC, martial arts, baseball in young kids as they get hit in the head with the bat or ball. Gymnastics and how many other sports.

Some ideas from others

No helmets during practice.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.65b2d1355798

No helmet to helmet contact during a game = ejection
    Not talking about accidental - talking about the Cox hit a few weeks ago
    NCAA banning helmet to helmet hits. NFL may follow
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...174052423.html
    Last edited by Argofan_1000; 09-02-2017 at 07:38 AM.