Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    I've watched the replays. Honestly, tried to remove my bias as an Argo fan. At game speeds, I'd say helmet-to-chest. Slow it down and it becomes a game of inches (more accurately, millimetres). I can see why it wasn't called at game speed and unless every play is reviewed at the command centre, plays like that are going to be hit and miss. Technically, should it have been flagged, yes! Practically and at game speeds, no!!
    The Esks offensive pass interference was the same, where it looks perfectly fine until you break down the replay, frame by frame. It's too unreasonable to expect the referees to see all of this in real time, otherwise we might as well watch every play on replay and then make the calls. I'd would rather live in the moment and with the call, then wait for a replay decision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I was one that had been saying that Wilder should have been cut long ago. He never was able to run more than two yards, it seemed. Today, he was fantastic and at times, looked like the second coming of Kackert, especially with that long touchdown. There are quite a few players to like on this team. Just too bad they can be so frustrating at times, like in Hamilton. Again... Ray never did throw any long passes. Haven't looked at the stats yet, but probably 20 yards may have been his longest actual throw, just like the last game. Great to see Jackson finally run one the length of the field and not have it nullified by a penalty. This was one of the most entertaining games I've seen at home in quite a while. Right down to the wire, and the final nail coming with that great sack of Reilly. So many people in Toronto don't know what they missed by not going to the game. Oh... and I have to tip the hat to Trestman for putting Fajardo in at the end of the game, who used his feet to get us two crucial first downs. Can't wait for next week !!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I have to tip the hat to Trestman for putting Fajardo in at the end of the game, who used his feet to get us two crucial first downs.

It looks like we've finally got a Fajardo package on offence, and that will definitely give defences something else to worry about. On his TD pass, it looked at first like a mistake that he was even in the game. The ball was originally placed on the 1 yard line so the Fajardo squad came in, but when the ball was moved back to the 3 they surprisingly stayed in. I'm assuming now that the pass play was part of the Fajardo package.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Sure am glad Wilder hasn't been benched.
    But here's the big question: If Whitaker is healthy and ready to go this week, who starts at tailback against the Als? I sure hope Wilder gets another go while he's hot. On the other hand, the O-Line was ripping open such big holes against Edmonton, Betty White could have rushed for 100 yards in that game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Anyone else notice a WWII Lancaster bomber flyover 10 minutes prior to last night's game? I had an message from the U.K. about it, but no public announcement? It was announced at Woodbine. Would it just be coincidentally banking over BMO Field?

IMG_3718.JPG
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Anyone else notice a WWII Lancaster bomber flyover 10 minutes prior to last night's game? I had an message from the U.K. about it, but no public announcement? It was announced at Woodbine. Would it just be coincidentally banking over BMO Field?

Attachment 879
    It was announced in one of the e-mails from the Argos ahead of the game as part of "Military Appreciation Night".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I guess I missed that one. The demographic that most appreciates WWII isn't necessarily internet savvy. I am glad they announced the military presence and not left it to the emails. Sarcasm
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But here's the big question: If Whitaker is healthy and ready to go this week, who starts at tailback against the Als? I sure hope Wilder gets another go while he's hot. On the other hand, the O-Line was ripping open such big holes against Edmonton, Betty White could have rushed for 100 yards in that game.
    I assume Wilder will start since Whittaker was practically benched yesterday.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    After yesterday's performance you have to go with Wilder. On the Argos fancast, Clay, Anthony and I usually breakdown the good, bad and the ugly from yesterday's game so I figured I'd get a head start.

Good

- The aforementioned James Wilder Jr, who had the breakout game that many of us on the forum were waiting for. His 190 yard were the most by an Argo running back since Gil Fenerty had over 200 yards rushing against the Stampeders back in 1988. He also picked up some key first downs on that first touchdown drive.

- Martese Jackson was a force on returns. He gave the Argos instant field position on several of his returns and, of course, returned O'Neil's missed FG for a touchdown.

- The offensive line played well after a rough first series. You know you've done well when your team rushes for more than 200 yards in the game.

Bad

- The offence only produced 3 points in the 2nd half and that was primarily as a result of two long runs by Wilder. Ricky Ray struggled in the 2nd half going 6/12 for 39 yards. Edmonton held the ball for a 11 minutes in the 3rd quarter, but it wasn't Ray's best performance out there. But, it's nice to see that in spite of this that other players were able to step up and that special teams and defence was able to propel the Argos to the win.

- S.J Green only had 2 catches for 7 yards and a touchdown. He had a few drops out there I think as well. But, this might be good news for next Saturday as he usually performs well after struggling.

- A couple of breakdowns in the secondary, though the back end was actually solid for the most part considering the weapons that Edmonton has in their receiving corps.

Ugly

- The attendance was only 13,182. I realize that "it is what it is" for now, but it was a beautiful day, the Jays were on the road and we are now into post-Labour Day.

- The Argos raising our general anxiety in the 4th quarter.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Great win for the Argos. 13,000 people can make a lot of noise in BMO. Must be the roof that throws the sound out to the field. The Argos played Western Conference football against a very good team.
    Happy to see Wilder get used to his strengths. Even thought he might not be the ideal RB inside he did what I always thought he could do. Take a swing or screen pass and make ten yards or more just or his quickness and power. Huge for keeping drives going.
    How many times did OV and I ask the previous regime to bring in a BIG back to go with Whitaker or whatever pony back they had at that the time. Calgary always shows the other teams how it's done if they're smart enough to follow suit.
    The O Line played well against a very good defensive line, still think they could be better with Van Zeyl in at RG if Popp could find the right Import to really solidify that line. But Deane played pretty good after that early attempt of a block that got Ricky sacked right off the bat. Van Zeyl tried that same cut block dive at the DE feet once later without much success. Maybe it was a Coach instructed thing to mix it up against a guy like Willis.
    I don't think Trestman needs both Worthy and McDaniel in the lineup at the same time. I expect it is for special teams but IMO one of the Canadian kids could do what Worthy did/does. I would rather see an extra import DB dressed or another Import O Lineman. But they're the experts.
    We get AK and White in at the corners and Lemon back before the playoff this defense will be tough to beat. I don't think a Toronto - Calgary or Edmonton Grey Cup in out of reason. But we can't afford to lose Ricky Ray. Which reminds me someone earlier mentioned that Rick appeared to tire in the 4th quarter, I thought so too. Good call by Trestman putting Fajardo in to run the ball against a tiring Edmonton Defense to maintain possession.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Great win for the Argos. 13,000 people can make a lot of noise in BMO. Must be the roof that throws the sound out to the field. The Argos played Western Conference football against a very good team.
    Happy to see Wilder get used to his strengths. Even thought he might not be the ideal RB inside he did what I always thought he could do. Take a swing or screen pass and make ten yards or more just or his quickness and power. Huge for keeping drives going.
    How many times did OV and I ask the previous regime to bring in a BIG back to go with Whitaker or whatever pony back they had at that the time. Calgary always shows the other teams how it's done if they're smart enough to follow suit.
    The O Line played well against a very good defensive line, still think they could be better with Van Zeyl in at RG if Popp could find the right Import to really solidify that line. But Deane played pretty good after that early attempt of a block that got Ricky sacked right off the bat. Van Zeyl tried that same cut block dive at the DE feet once later without much success. Maybe it was a Coach instructed thing to mix it up against a guy like Willis.
    I don't think Trestman needs both Worthy and McDaniel in the lineup at the same time. I expect it is for special teams but IMO one of the Canadian kids could do what Worthy did/does. I would rather see an extra import DB dressed or another Import O Lineman. But they're the experts.
    We get AK and White in at the corners and Lemon back before the playoff this defense will be tough to beat. I don't think a Toronto - Calgary or Edmonton Grey Cup in out of reason. But we can't afford to lose Ricky Ray. Which reminds me someone earlier mentioned that Rick appeared to tire in the 4th quarter, I thought so too. Good call by Trestman putting Fajardo in to run the ball against a tiring Edmonton Defense to maintain possession.
    I saw enough young people at the game to be reasonably hopeful on attendance. Like the atmosphere there. Team needs to win for more to have a look. You can see how soft the Jays support is. 1.0+M tv last year now in line with the CFL. CFL has a few advantages, 1st the game itself is more exciting, 2nd they have an endless supply of NCAA and Usport players and right now they have the best athletes in the city no matter what sport. Jays, Raptors, TFC fans all saying they have better support. For a decade I remember they had 15-20 out to the games with many a free ticket. Raptors couldn't get anyone out so the leafs forced the purchase of Raptors season seats, and TFC had worse attendance than the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh Whitaker is healthy. I was at all 3 practices this week, and he participated in every drill hard, but go zero reps with the Argos offence. Ran strictly scout team. Truth be told, I was surprised to see Wilder start. I would say that Jackson got more reps over the 3 days than he did, but admittedly, Wilder got more on Thursday, which was the last practice of the week.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I didn't notice until now, but we actually had more rushing yards (231) than passing yards (226) yesterday. I bet it's been a while since that happened.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I assume Wilder will start since Whittaker was practically benched yesterday.
    Well, he wasn't even dressed.
    Hoagie mentioned on the pre-game show that Trestman wanted to see what he had with Wilder, and rotating between Wilder and BWhit wasn't giving them that opportunity.
    BWhit was on the 1-game IR for yesterday's game even though he wasn't injured.
    It was referred to as a "coach's decision" to sit him.

Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Well, he wasn't even dressed.
    Hoagie mentioned on the pre-game show that Trestman wanted to see what he had with Wilder, and rotating between Wilder and BWhit wasn't giving them that opportunity.
    BWhit was on the 1-game IR for yesterday's game even though he wasn't injured.
    It was referred to as a "coach's decision" to sit him.
    It's still a benching IMO

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Does anyone know if/when TSN is replaying this game? I forgot to set the PVR before we went to the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Does anyone know if/when TSN is replaying this game? I forgot to set the PVR before we went to the game.
    Try You Tube. It should be posted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    It seems that every CFL game is available on YouTube (with no commercials) not too long after game day. This is how I watch the CFL (no TV).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I was one that had been saying that Wilder should have been cut long ago. He never was able to run more than two yards, it seemed. Today, he was fantastic and at times, looked like the second coming of Kackert, especially with that long touchdown.
    I also had strong doubts about Wilder. He seemed to be slow getting moving in the backfield and was getting tackled before getting any momentum up. Maybe it was a false memory but he looked thinner than before during his half-time interview which could affect his speed. Whatever the reason for his improved performance, he has shown that with decent blocking he can be a dominant RB. However, I would say he looked more like the second coming of Drummond than Kackert. I hope the Argos don't abandon the run game even if it is sometimes shut down in the future. It definitely takes some of the pressure off Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I agree that I would prefer a Canadian over Worthy and substitute in an International DB in his place. Worthy is a luxury we don't need when we also have Martese.