Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Try You Tube. It should be posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    It seems that every CFL game is available on YouTube (with no commercials) not too long after game day. This is how I watch the CFL (no TV).
    Thanks guys!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I agree that I would prefer a Canadian over Worthy and substitute in an International DB in his place. Worthy is a luxury we don't need when we also have Martese.
    That's almost exactly what half this board was saying about Wilder three weeks ago. Worthy (a) replaced Fuller, which should have made everyone happy, (b) played quite well for a guy who hadn't dressed in 8 or 9 games, and (c) allows us to integrate Jackson more into the offence since he can also return kicks.

I've been worried about our depth at DB since week 1, but we are already dressing an extra INT DB and I don't see why we would need a second.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Does anyone know if/when TSN is replaying this game? I forgot to set the PVR before we went to the game.
    It's on tsn.ca in the archived games section. It will be up for 1 week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Great to see Wilder break-out with a big game; a RB needs the ball lots for a chance to produce lots - loved that big gainer TD run - so rare in the CFL these days and basically forgotten as a potential big factor on offence - shades of Leon McQuay or Bill Symons or Gill Fenerty (not that Wilder is even close to that level of RB talent though). Hopefully the Argos stick with plenty of ground game. Have to give the O-line some credit for opening up some good holes - against those Esks DTs like Sewell & Cummings - who were total non factors in stuffing the run game; plus the Esks were playing lightweight Hoffman-Ellis at MLB (when they could have had big MLB Mulumba there instead - he might have helped them), and back from injury safety Neil King was nowhere to be found to stop the run up the middle either = Esks got exposed there and good on the Argo offensive thinkers for going there. Tyler Holmes still continuing to struggle or be matador like often in pass pro though - why not give Mason Woods a shot there ?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Can't really fault Edmonton for not anticipating our run-heavy game plan. Montreal will be better prepared.

Given how long we've stuck with our current OL - including no changes in the bye week - I think this is it unless someone gets hurt. Himebauch might have some new ideas, but the rest of the staff seems to have prioritized chemistry over tinkering.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Can't really fault Edmonton for not anticipating our run-heavy game plan. Montreal will be better prepared.

Given how long we've stuck with our current OL - including no changes in the bye week - I think this is it unless someone gets hurt. Himebauch might have some new ideas, but the rest of the staff seems to have prioritized chemistry over tinkering.

The Esks have 2 supposed stud DTs in Sewell & Cummings - and they did zip against Wilder running wild up the middle - and neither did their MLB or safety who should be counted on to help there.

The Als are going with mostly a couple of NI DTs in Don O & Westerman and they have done little this year IMO; and Hebert has taken over at MLB lately for the rookie import MLBs who started earlier and were mediocre at best - Hebert is a tough hitter with a nose for the ball but not a real MLB; and the Als rookie safety Wright hasn\'t done much either, but run support might be more of a strength for him.

Wilder should be able to do just fine against that Als D - feed him the ball lots. Thing about a real good, applied run game - Ds can be looking for it, but if your O-line is firing off well and you have a tough or explosive back - it's tough to stop - unless you have stud type run stopping defenders at key positions - most CFL teams just do not.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have to admit that I didn't think Wilder was an every down CFL RB, as he seemed to lack an explosive burst. Wrong! He demonstrated in this game he had both speed and power. His performance showed, he has the potential to be a Messam style impact player in the CFL and to be an real asset for the Argos as they fight for first place in the East. This is great example of how the coaching staff has a far better insight re. the players and the game than we, the average fans (well--at least this fan)
    Great game, exciting plays, last minute suspense--pity more fans weren't in the stands to see the game. It was good to see the often disparaged OL, receive praise from the coaching staff and Wilder himself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But here's the big question: If Whitaker is healthy and ready to go this week, who starts at tailback against the Als? I sure hope Wilder gets another go while he's hot. On the other hand, the O-Line was ripping open such big holes against Edmonton, Betty White could have rushed for 100 yards in that game.
    I think it's safe to assume Wilder will start again. Imo the more intriguing question is whether Whitaker will dress ahead of McDaniel. BW is definitely a better RB and would give us the ability to keep JW fresh, but with Wilder starting at TB I assume he's off special teams, and McDaniel has likely taken his spot there. It's largely invisible to us fans, but those spots on kick coverage are very important and it might handicap us to not have McDaniel in there.

It was good to see BW all smiles on the sideline after Wilder scored his TD. Whitaker is a great team player as well as a leader.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I think it's safe to assume Wilder will start again. Imo the more intriguing question is whether Whitaker will dress ahead of McDaniel. BW is definitely a better RB and would give us the ability to keep JW fresh, but with Wilder starting at TB I assume he's off special teams, and McDaniel has likely taken his spot there. It's largely invisible to us fans, but those spots on kick coverage are very important and it might handicap us to not have McDaniel in there.

It was good to see BW all smiles on the sideline after Wilder scored his TD. Whitaker is a great team player as well as a leader.
    Everyone loves Brandon Whittaker.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    It's on tsn.ca in the archived games section. It will be up for 1 week.
    Found it, thanks!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/cfl-eski...onauts~1204637

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Imo the more intriguing question is whether Whitaker will dress ahead of McDaniel. BW is definitely a better RB and would give us the ability to keep JW fresh, but with Wilder starting at TB I assume he's off special teams, and McDaniel has likely taken his spot there. It's largely invisible to us fans, but those spots on kick coverage are very important and it might handicap us to not have McDaniel in there.
    Paul, I don't see BW getting into the line up next game either. At practice last week (and I was there all 3 days), he was healthy, but not getting ANY reps. Wilder and Jackson got ALL of the reps. BW doesn't play ST's so I don't see him replacing McDaniel either. I think the only thing that will get BW back in the line-up is injury or multi game ineffectiveness from the position. I love the guy, but I think the team made their decision to go in a different direction. One with significant more speed.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Thing about a real good, applied run game - Ds can be looking for it, but if your O-line is firing off well and you have a tough or explosive back - it's tough to stop -
    Especially in Canadian football with the one-yard off the ball, which provides an extra advantage for the running game.

I'm just wondering if this current Argonauts O-Line might actually be better suited for run blocking than for pass protection. More explosive first step maybe?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think the team made their decision to go in a different direction. One with significant more speed.
    And more power too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    A lot more football to be played, but it's nice to see a younger back step up for us. It seems like a long time since we've had a dominant running game like that (Boyd, Kackert).

Brandon Whitaker is 32 and wasn't a priority re-signing in the off season. I actually think the team had designs of a Kendall Hunter/ James Wilder backfield going in.
    At 32 the digression is not only predictable, but nearly certain. He's a fantastic player and team-mate and I doubt he's sung his last song yet, but it's essential for this team to progress with an eye on the long term plan.

O.Lineman generally won't look very good (nor will an offense) if all you do is pass protect. Especially with an immobile QB who is in his mid 30's and hasn't been able to stretch the D. That's a recipe for the infirmary. This new dimension will help and if they can keep the ball rolling could jell this team into a contender.

We may see Colaros and Ray in tandem towards the end of the season.

Most important, as I see it, is the long term plan. Wilder checks that box in that part of the field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Wilder's performance on Saturday was what I had hoped for when I first saw him earlier in the season. Size, speed and explosion through the line. That didn't happen at first. He seemed tentative. Saturday was completely different. If he can deliver that kind of performance, we will be in good shape because that will take a lot of pressure off of the O line and having to consistently rely on the passing game. I also liked that Fajardo got some reps at the end of the game to secure those final first downs and kill any chance for Edmonton to get the ball back. I hope they develop some packages for him to keep opposing defenses off balance.

Don
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    A strong running attack should also allow Ricky to take more shots downfield as he's gotten away from that in the past month or so.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post

Most important, as I see it, is the long term plan. Wilder checks that box in that part of the field.
    Honestly, with the way Free Agency works now, it's almost impossible to plan anything past the next season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    A couple more games close to Saturday's performance and Wilder will be in the NFL next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    A couple more games close to Saturday's performance and Wilder will be in the NFL next year.

Can't tell if you're serious or joking there?

Wilder's CFL play is next to irrelevant for getting another NFL look; what could help him is that he is a known name and was a top prospect out of college ball there, plus is still fairly young - so one of his connections down there might land him another NFL look from a team that has not already written him off. But the NFL could care less about how good a RB plays up here - there are literally dozens of CFL RBs from the past number of years who are IMO 10x the RB talent of Wilder (including Messam (way bigger) and Andrew Harris, now), but the RB skills they demonstrated in the CFL mean zero/zip-o in terms of getting an NFL call.

Not meaning to slight Wilder - I was pulling for him when the Argos signed him; then disappointed by his early play - looked tentative or afraid to run hard; and then really pleased with his last game - he has some talent; but IMO - that was a game against a really weak Esks run defence (MLB Hoffman-Ellis in particular) and it might have caught them by surprise. I'll be way more impressed if Wilder rips off several more 100+ yard games in a row however. That still won't be the ticket for an NFL call though. Jon Cornish had how many thousand yard CFL seasons in a row, plus one of the best yards/carry averages for a RB in decades ? - he did not get an NFL call.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Can't tell if you're serious or joking there?

Wilder's CFL play is next to irrelevant for getting another NFL look; what could help him is that he is a known name and was a top prospect out of college ball there, plus is still fairly young - so one of his connections down there might land him another NFL look from a team that has not already written him off. But the NFL could care less about how good a RB plays up here - there are literally dozens of CFL RBs from the past number of years who are IMO 10x the RB talent of Wilder (including Messam (way bigger) and Andrew Harris, now), but the RB skills they demonstrated in the CFL mean zero/zip-o in terms of getting an NFL call.

Not meaning to slight Wilder - I was pulling for him when the Argos signed him; then disappointed by his early play - looked tentative or afraid to run hard; and then really pleased with his last game - he has some talent; but IMO - that was a game against a really weak Esks run defence (MLB Hoffman-Ellis in particular) and it might have caught them by surprise. I'll be way more impressed if Wilder rips off several more 100+ yard games in a row however. That still won't be the ticket for an NFL call though. Jon Cornish had how many thousand yard CFL seasons in a row, plus one of the best yards/carry averages for a RB in decades ? - he did not get an NFL call.
    I read a few years ago that Cornish did get NFL interest and he turned it down. No doubt in my mind he was NFL calibre. IMO not every player in the NFL is better than all the CFL players.