Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

CFL Considering NFL size balls in 2018

The league is considering switching to NFL size balls next year. In other words no more bigger balls ads.

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/11/cf...-as-nfl-balls/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Nooooooooooo!
    Although I'm not a player, so I can't comment on the reality of the switch .
    It's just the perception that we are succumbing to the easier way out .... next is an extra down so we can score more ... and probably kick off from the 55 or something stupid like that. ..... and I really don't want the returner waving all the time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    If you were to go buy an authentic $100 ball from both leagues, you would be hard pressed to notice any size difference. In fact, the NFL tolerances permit a larger size ball, but they are never made that way. A standardized ball, with the same laces and dimensions, not to mention better leather, would no doubt be more cost effective to produce (which is likely the actual reason behind this). I would also support the elimination of the white lines, as they can actually make the ball harder to see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    If you were to go buy an authentic $100 ball from both leagues, you would be hard pressed to notice any size difference. In fact, the NFL tolerances permit a larger size ball, but they are never made that way. A standardized ball, with the same laces and dimensions, not to mention better leather, would no doubt be more cost effective to produce (which is likely the actual reason behind this). I would also support the elimination of the white lines, as they can actually make the ball harder to see.
    I agree 100%. I threw an NFL ball in HS, and a CFL ball in junior. I noticed no difference whatsoever. I also threw both in my many years of touch football. The thing that make the CFL ball different is the look as it flies threw the air because of the stripes. If they don't get rid of the stripes, nobody would know the difference.
    It's us vs the rest of the country