Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    The Argos passing game remains a concern. I don't know if it is Ray or some of the receivers needing to step up. Wilder, of course, had an impact for the second week in a row, and what's great is that in Edmonton his 76-yard TD came after Edmonton had tied the game at 14-14 and tonight's 85-yarder came after the Als had scored a TD + 2 pt convert. The runs are timely and have shifted momentum back to the Argos.
    I couldn't catch the game, but I'm happy with the result, obviously.

It's great to read that Wilder was able to dominate again. Enjoy it while you can, people! There was a report that he was pretty heavy in camp and has dropped weight since then, and I believe it. I'm sure that part of the difference is experience and coaching, but he's physically not the same guy who started the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I couldn't catch the game, but I'm happy with the result, obviously.

It's great to read that Wilder was able to dominate again. Enjoy it while you can, people! There was a report that he was pretty heavy in camp and has dropped weight since then, and I believe it. I'm sure that part of the difference is experience and coaching, but he's physically not the same guy who started the season.
    I even commented on the fact that he looked a lot thinner in the thread for the last game against Edmonton in which he was so dominant, thinking that it probably contributed to his success.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Loved watching this defence again tonight and Wilder is playing like the player we hoped he would be. Now, turn those 3's into 7's and this team will be able to roll with the top teams in this league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    a good win for the team, but a lot of points that should have been scored that weren't. Need to finish more drives- plus you have to remember that this came over a Montreal team that is playing terrible football lately. Next week's game will be a major deciding factor as Hamilton is on a roll lately and the Argos lost their last trip into Hamilton. Argos lost the second half of this game - either because they took their foot off the gas pedal, or they got figured out by the opposition.
    It was great to see Kackert at the game. He wandered down the stairs in my section and I was the first to recognize him and call his name, so then the entire section of people started standing and calling him.

Boatman
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I even commented on the fact that he looked a lot thinner in the thread for the last game against Edmonton in which he was so dominant, thinking that it probably contributed to his success.
    lots of love to the blocking last night, especially on the 85 yd TD run.

Boatman
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Loved watching this defence again tonight and Wilder is playing like the player we hoped he would be. Now, turn those 3's into 7's and this team will be able to roll with the top teams in this league.
    feels like Argos were holding back some stuff to not provide TiCats with film! ........... have to say it again. Blocking was good last night

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It was a pleasure for my son and I to meet AngeloV tonight, great guy!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    FYI, Argo game radio broadcasts have been bumped from TSN1050 for at least the past two years.
    Apparently, Maple Leafs pre-season games are a bigger draw than Argonauts regular season games. Mind-boggling.
    Edit: the Argo game broadcast has been moved to CFRB1010 in the past. I don't know of this happened with this game though.

Also, the largest market in the CFL is Saskatchewan. Toronto is the largest market in Canada. The two are not the same, despite what we might like to think.
    We have the largest market, but the smallest participation of the nine teams.

Sorry, we've listened to all the 2017 post-games and Ticat away games shows on TNS1050 until last night. What would the decision be if we had fans in two languages. 1/2 home games in both languages. French only broadcasts?

By the way, top pricing at BMO Field is double that of the 'new' pricing at Mosaic Field. If you want to charge top prices, you'd better deliver Neiman Marcus experience and not Walmart.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Sorry, we've listened to all the 2017 post-games and Ticat away games shows on TNS1050 until last night.
    Exactly.
    There were no Maple Leafs games until after the Edmonton game last week, so TSN1050 carries the Argos games as scheduled.
    Any conflicts between Argos and Leafs games (even pre-season Leafs games!), means the Argos broadcast gets bumped - hence your experience last night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Wow, I sure wished it would have been communicated. When it's such a scarce resource, to lose what we have leftover is extremely frustrating. My experience with SirusXM is that they cover the hometeam radio broadcast, hence the additional confusion on the Argos hometeam broadcast.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm absolutely certain we will win in Hamilton. I don't feel this way very often, but I feel it now. We will own the tiebreaker against all three teams, and virtually guarantee a playoff spot, when we win next Saturday.

In addition to being a superb RB, Wilder appears to be a great teammate. After the 85-yard run, on the bench he urged the TSN sideline camera operator to capture images of the o-linemen sitting on the bench.

Interesting stat: In two games Wilder has racked up 475 yards from scrimmage. If he gets 201 next week, he will tie Terry Greer's unworldly 676 in three games back in 1983.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Don't see remotely a face mask penalty. Al Bradbury.
    I don't see how that was a call even after watching the game this morning. I did love how Bradbury forgot his flag and had to go get it after the next play.

I am concerned about the passing game, inability to finish drives with TDs and second half production has been dismal lately. I am so impressed with the pick ups Popp has made on defence as the season has gone on. The secondary is greatly improved and so enjoyable to watch. I love our D. I never anticipated our defence being this effective this year.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    With Als having 21 players who are 30 or over while no other team having more than 12, Montreal has to get rid of a minimum of ten before the start of the next season. They might as well start with some of them because they are not going to get any younger and start playing younger players to get them some experience. Kavis Reed should have recognized the problem and started dealing with it when he was hired in December. Reed also displayed some negative body language during the game (not as much as he did with the Eskimos where it helped accelerate their downward spiral in his final losing season in 2013, but it was there). This contrasts with HC like Trestman and Campbell, who don't do this when their teams are doing poorly because they know it affects their team.
    I really believe Reed deals with a lot of meddling from the Wettenhall's. I bet that is the least desirable management job in the league right now.

More bad news for the Als with two of their better players out for at least the rest of the game: Nik Lewis and Jovan Olafioye.
    Nik Lewis is not one of their better players. It's pretty sad that the Als put his records ahead of overall team results. I've been on this on twitter for a while, so I will say my piece here for those that don't follow me on twitter. Lewis does nothing to make the Als better offensively. Everybody loves him, but in truth, the constant 3 yard hooks he runs because he is to fat and slow to do anything else, does nothing to help any of the other receivers get open. Teams will leave him alone and put more coverage on the rest of the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Edwards was returning punts and kick offs after Jackson fumbled---not sure if the was because of an injury to Jackson or the coach sending him a message.
    On a return prior to his fumble, Jackson got hit pretty good in the thigh area, and was limping in a way that looked like a charley horse type injury. Not the reason he dropped the punt, but may have had an effect when he tried to field it after the drop.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 09-24-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    After the promise of home game radio, tonight we hopped in the car and turned on to find Leafs hockey on TSN1050. No home game broadcast I can only assume. We tuned in to the CFL on SiriusXM Channel 167. We just so pleased to hear the away Als radio broadcast team delivering the Argos broadcast and analysis.

I can't stand it that we don't get pre-game or post game Argos radio coverage. Now, no game coverage. Tonight I wanted Hoagie and Jeff talking about the flow of tonights game and Wilder's big game. I want this for away games as well. Eight of the nine teams deliver it. Only the biggest market in the CFL doesn't.

Honestly, I paid full freight for the Argos top priced seasons tickets this year and I don't consider that I'm getting minor league value. Next year, I'll buy my games on a game-by-game basis and I will pay a fraction this year's prices. If I have to miss the new hip hop music, the Toronto drummers and all the great new stuff needed to attract the 18-35 crowd, that's fine with me.

I guess this is why the Argos season ticket base is halfing every year. Next year, what maybe they'll be 1,850 STHs?
    With all due respect, tell that to the Argos. Don't come here and bring down the good feelings while the team is getting on a roll. Let's stop the negativity.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    It was a pleasure for my son and I to meet AngeloV tonight, great guy!!
    Thanks. The feeling is mutual. Always nice to meet up with great Argos fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm absolutely certain we will win in Hamilton. I don't feel this way very often, but I feel it now. We will own the tiebreaker against all three teams, and virtually guarantee a playoff spot, when we win next Saturday.

In addition to being a superb RB, Wilder appears to be a great teammate. After the 85-yard run, on the bench he urged the TSN sideline camera operator to capture images of the o-linemen sitting on the bench.

Interesting stat: In two games Wilder has racked up 475 yards from scrimmage. If he gets 201 next week, he will tie Terry Greer's unworldly 676 in three games back in 1983.
    I like your optimism Paul and hope you are correct!
    Wilder does seem like a team first player willing to step aside and share the spotlight, good on him.
    Watch the TSN highlights and look for Trestman's reaction on the sideline, about as animated as you will ever see him.
    I've said it a million times glad Trestman and Popp are together again this time with the Argonauts.
    Fans from other forums regularly take potshots at Argo attendance but I love the noise and atmosphere at BMO, imagine what it will be like when 20,000+ start to show.
    My son and I were talking about how entertaining these games can be!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I like your optimism Paul and hope you are correct!
    Wilder does seem like a team first player willing to step aside and share the spotlight, good on him.
    Watch the TSN highlights and look for Trestman's reaction on the sideline, about as animated as you will ever see him.
    I've said it a million times glad Trestman and Popp are together again this time with the Argonauts.
    Fans from other forums regularly take potshots at Argo attendance but I love the noise and atmosphere at BMO, imagine what it will be like when 20,000+ start to show.
    My son and I were talking about how entertaining these games can be!!
    This currently is and has been for a long time the best sports product in town. I hope everyone here can find a way to bring a friend or two out to the last two home game. I love this team and league!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level

Happy about the win, but there's lots of room for improvement. Next week's game is definitely not in the bag. Expect a slugfest.

1. I don't think Ricky had a good game. Moved the ball, but couldn't score. A few noticeable lousy throws, including some where he was bailed out by the receivers (ie Edwards circus one-handed grab) and the overthrow to Green in the end zone. I don't think this type of game will be sufficient next week.

2. Our defense caught a lot of lucky breaks. Durants accuracy was dismal, and in the rare instances of good throws, Mtl receivers were dropping them all over the field. Mitchell's two ints we're a fluke. If Durant and his receivers had even a marginally better night, or had caught one or two lucky breaks, that might've been a close game.

3. Very happy with Wilder and the resurgent run game. I admit, I got frustrated with Wilder earlier in the season. Too much indecision, looking around when he should've just dropped the shoulder and charge. I really like having the capable big man running the ball.

4. I've heard a few sportswriters agonizing over whether AK should start ahead of white once healthy. I thought whites ints we're flukey, so yes: start AK.

5. Darby' s pick six baffles me. Not just that Durant threw a horrible ball, but what was Darby doing in that position? It was like he was charging to make a play on the ball, but he wasn't charging IN FRONT of the receiver to intercept, he was charging BEHIND! If the ball was thrown accurately, what exactly was he planning on doing? Glad he caught it and ran it back, but a very bizarre play, by my estimation.

Very glad the Argos won, and happy I finally got to watch the whole game. Still nervous for next week tho...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Agreed on all fronts. It's a championship-calibre defence and has gotten deeper and stronger as the year goes on. Guys like Plummer and Tuggle are making very solid contributions, the line keeps getting a solid rush despite missing Lemon and Bishop, and the secondary looks strong with newcomers Darby and White excelling.

The passing game is cause for concern. Ricky has not been nearly as good in recent weeks as he was the first seven or eight games. Fortunately we now seem to have a commitment to run the ball, a RB who can bowl people over and hit holes quickly, an o-line that is relishing run-blocking, and Edwards and Green to catch difficult passes. But we definitely need to get Posey re-established and get more production out of the Coombs spot and the rotating INT spot. I suspect it's not a coincidence that our passing game tumbled around the time Coombs left the lineup. He was becoming a really effective weapon. Ralph doesn't even get any looks. I sure hope Coombs gets healthy down the stretch.
    Cannot disagree with any of that.

From The Toronto Star:

“He (Trestman) told me you have another opportunity,” said Wilder Jr., who was also named CFL Performer of the Week after the Edmonton game. “Everyone has that one game where everything goes right, but the question is, can you do it again.”

Well, that question was answered, now just bump up the index to 3 and repeat... I like Wilder's chances for 200+ against the Hammer Tabbies.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

The past two games for Wilder were the largest two-game rushing total by an Argonaut in over 50 years. Also, Wilder's 85 yard TD run last night was the longest running play by an Argo since QB Chuck Ealey's 86 yarder back in 1976.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force