Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

Happy about the win, but there's lots of room for improvement. Next week's game is definitely not in the bag. Expect a slugfest.

1. I don't think Ricky had a good game. Moved the ball, but couldn't score. A few noticeable lousy throws, including some where he was bailed out by the receivers (ie Edwards circus one-handed grab) and the overthrow to Green in the end zone. I don't think this type of game will be sufficient next week.

2. Our defense caught a lot of lucky breaks. Durants accuracy was dismal, and in the rare instances of good throws, Mtl receivers were dropping them all over the field. Mitchell's two ints we're a fluke. If Durant and his receivers had even a marginally better night, or had caught one or two lucky breaks, that might've been a close game.

3. Very happy with Wilder and the resurgent run game. I admit, I got frustrated with Wilder earlier in the season. Too much indecision, looking around when he should've just dropped the shoulder and charge. I really like having the capable big man running the ball.

4. I've heard a few sportswriters agonizing over whether AK should start ahead of white once healthy. I thought whites ints we're flukey, so yes: start AK.

5. Darby' s pick six baffles me. Not just that Durant threw a horrible ball, but what was Darby doing in that position? It was like he was charging to make a play on the ball, but he wasn't charging IN FRONT of the receiver to intercept, he was charging BEHIND! If the ball was thrown accurately, what exactly was he planning on doing? Glad he caught it and ran it back, but a very bizarre play, by my estimation.

Very glad the Argos won, and happy I finally got to watch the whole game. Still nervous for next week tho...
AK plays the corner and White plays halfback.

But, yeah I agree with the general tone of your post that there is much for the Argos to improve on the offensive side of the ball.