Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Wilder's running or even the threat of him running is making the OL's job a lot easier.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    More bad news for the Als with two of their better players out for at least the rest of the game: Nik Lewis and Jovan Olafioye.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Als TD off Martese Jackson's fumble puts them back in the game. Now is the time for the Argo offence to make a counter statement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    And Wilder makes that statement with an 85 TD run, the longest run in the league this year!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    And SJ fulfills Bleeds Double Blue's wish offensively after White intercepts a ball knocked in the air on an attempted reception by Jackson.
    Thanks to jerrym and SJ Green. In that order.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Mitchell White kills another Alouettes drive with his second interception!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Als having 21 players who are 30 or over while no other team having more than 12, Montreal has to get rid of a minimum of ten before the start of the next season. They might as well start with some of them because they are not going to get any younger and start playing younger players to get them some experience. Kavis Reed should have recognized the problem and started dealing with it when he was hired in December. Reed also displayed some negative body language during the game (not as much as he did with the Eskimos where it helped accelerate their downward spiral in his final losing season in 2013, but it was there). This contrasts with HC like Trestman and Campbell, who don't do this when their teams are doing poorly because they know it affects their team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Als TD off Martese Jackson's fumble puts them back in the game. Now is the time for the Argo offence to make a counter statement.
    I disagree Jerry....Montreal was never close to being in this game. Love Tyrrell Sutton though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I disagree Jerry....Montreal was never close to being in this game. Love Tyrrell Sutton though.
    In the CFL, any time the opposition is within two scores, they have a chance of winning, even if they are a poor team. Letting the Als hang on, as bad as they were playing would be a mistake that has happened to many teams before because the momentum shift of another score makes them believe they can win. This helps them exert a greater effort physically and pyschologically.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    The 7:00 PM kickoff, 4:00 PM my time means that I am going to miss out on dinner at the in-laws. I must confess at feeling shame for this but not a whole lot. Not my fault they can't read the schedule.

By the way guys, please throw some love and support to the athletes competing at the Invictus Games. Those guys are the true warriors.
    Well stated on all fronts!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Don't see remotely a face mask penalty. Al Bradbury.
    Bizarre call.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good win but frustrating to see the offence end drives with so many FGs and have struggled to get anything going (excluding Wilder's runs) in the second half in the past 3-5 games (maybe even more).

Wilder just keeps proving himself, and has really rejuvenated any kind of Argos running game - which was almost non-existent. Not sure if it's Wilder getting more touches or Himebaugh's presence, or both?

Matt Black has really played well ever since being re-signed after his release.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Good win but frustrating to see the offence end drives with so many FGs and have struggled to get anything going (excluding Wilder's runs) in the second half in the past 3-5 games (maybe even more).

Wilder just keeps proving himself, and has really rejuvenated any kind of Argos running game - which was almost non-existent. Not sure if it's Wilder getting more touches or Himebaugh's presence, or both?

Matt Black has really played well ever since being re-signed after his release.
    Wilder was rather impressive again tonight to say the least, Ricky Ray didn't look as sharp tonight IMO.
    The D however is the heart of this team and is becoming a very impressive unit.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    After the promise of home game radio, tonight we hopped in the car and turned on to find Leafs hockey on TSN1050. No home game broadcast I can only assume. We tuned in to the CFL on SiriusXM Channel 167. We just so pleased to hear the away Als radio broadcast team delivering the Argos broadcast and analysis.

I can't stand it that we don't get pre-game or post game Argos radio coverage. Now, no game coverage. Tonight I wanted Hoagie and Jeff talking about the flow of tonights game and Wilder's big game. I want this for away games as well. Eight of the nine teams deliver it. Only the biggest market in the CFL doesn't.

Honestly, I paid full freight for the Argos top priced seasons tickets this year and I don't consider that I'm getting minor league value. Next year, I'll buy my games on a game-by-game basis and I will pay a fraction this year's prices. If I have to miss the new hip hop music, the Toronto drummers and all the great new stuff needed to attract the 18-35 crowd, that's fine with me.

I guess this is why the Argos season ticket base is halfing every year. Next year, what maybe they'll be 1,850 STHs?
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Edwards was returning punts and kick offs after Jackson fumbled---not sure if the was because of an injury to Jackson or the coach sending him a message.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Wilder was rather impressive again tonight to say the least, Ricky Ray didn't look as sharp tonight IMO.
    The D however is the heart of this team and is becoming a very impressive unit.
    Agreed on all fronts. It's a championship-calibre defence and has gotten deeper and stronger as the year goes on. Guys like Plummer and Tuggle are making very solid contributions, the line keeps getting a solid rush despite missing Lemon and Bishop, and the secondary looks strong with newcomers Darby and White excelling.

The passing game is cause for concern. Ricky has not been nearly as good in recent weeks as he was the first seven or eight games. Fortunately we now seem to have a commitment to run the ball, a RB who can bowl people over and hit holes quickly, an o-line that is relishing run-blocking, and Edwards and Green to catch difficult passes. But we definitely need to get Posey re-established and get more production out of the Coombs spot and the rotating INT spot. I suspect it's not a coincidence that our passing game tumbled around the time Coombs left the lineup. He was becoming a really effective weapon. Ralph doesn't even get any looks. I sure hope Coombs gets healthy down the stretch.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Edwards was returning punts and kick offs after Jackson fumbled---not sure if the was because of an injury to Jackson or the coach sending him a message.
    My guess is a message sent.

We also had a few packages that featured Herdman at LB along with Woods and Ball. Lots of rotation in the front seven. The secondary showed a lot of looks and disguises. Matt Black sometimes lined up at CB and then dropped back into a cover-two spot just before the snap.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    After the promise of home game radio, tonight we hopped in the car and turned on to find Leafs hockey on TSN1050. No home game broadcast I can only assume. We tuned in to the CFL on SiriusXM Channel 167. We just so pleased to hear the away Als radio broadcast team delivering the Argos broadcast and analysis.

I can't stand it that we don't get pre-game or post game Argos radio coverage. Now, no game coverage. Tonight I wanted Hoagie and Jeff talking about the flow of tonights game and Wilder's big game. I want this for away games as well. Eight of the nine teams deliver it. Only the biggest market in the CFL doesn't.

Honestly, I paid full freight for the Argos top priced seasons tickets this year and I don't consider that I'm getting minor league value. Next year, I'll buy my games on a game-by-game basis and I will pay a fraction this year's prices. If I have to miss the new hip hop music, the Toronto drummers and all the great new stuff needed to attract the 18-35 crowd, that's fine with me.

I guess this is why the Argos season ticket base is halfing every year. Next year, what maybe they'll be 1,850 STHs?
    FYI, Argo game radio broadcasts have been bumped from TSN1050 for at least the past two years.
    Apparently, Maple Leafs pre-season games are a bigger draw than Argonauts regular season games. Mind-boggling.
    Edit: the Argo game broadcast has been moved to CFRB1010 in the past. I don't know of this happened with this game though.

Also, the largest market in the CFL is Saskatchewan. Toronto is the largest market in Canada. The two are not the same, despite what we might like to think.
    Last edited by PullTogether73; 09-24-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Alouettes are a tire-fire right now, and don't let the 14 point deficit fool yourself, the game wasn't that close as the Alouettes scored 10 of their points on a short field. Darian Durant is just horrible and what's worse is that their best help for salvation is Drew Willy. That throw that was intercepted by Darby for the touchdown might be one of the worst past attempts I have ever witnessed watching CFL football.

The Argos passing game remains a concern. I don't know if it is Ray or some of the receivers needing to step up. Wilder, of course, had an impact for the second week in a row, and what's great is that in Edmonton his 76-yard TD came after Edmonton had tied the game at 14-14 and tonight's 85-yarder came after the Als had scored a TD + 2 pt convert. The runs are timely and have shifted momentum back to the Argos.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    After the challenges faced in the off-season it never occurred to me that we would be talking about the first place Toronto Argonauts at this point of the season.