Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really believe that the Argos will greatly reduce the prices on at least half their seats for 2018. I really hope that will result in attendance at least averaging 20k per game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I really believe that the Argos will greatly reduce the prices on at least half their seats for 2018. I really hope that will result in attendance at least averaging 20k per game.
    Argos got it backwards, should have started with reasonable pricing levels to build attendance, atmosphere and demand then look at modest increases to build revenue.
    Pricing levels are indeed out to lunch for many seats.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argos got it backwards, should have started with reasonable pricing levels to build attendance, atmosphere and demand then look at modest increases to build revenue.
    I agree. They obviously erred in thinking the venue change alone would make all the difference.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree. They obviously erred in thinking the venue change alone would make all the difference.
    So did many of us.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    But if you look at the pricing of tickets across the league, we are not out of whack. For example, Calgary has tickets from $35 - $120 over 10 price points, BC goes from $25 - $138.50 over 8 etc. I didn't do the whole league but having been to both Ottawa and Montreal to watch games, their ticket prices for comparable seats were in the same range as what you would see at BMO. However, I do agree we have too many price points - Edmonton has only 5, by comparison - and given the difficulty we have had filling the stadium, I agree that the prices have to come down for next season. Better for everyone if by doing so we can put more bums in the seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    But if you look at the pricing of tickets across the league, we are not out of whack. For example, Calgary has tickets from $35 - $120 over 10 price points, BC goes from $25 - $138.50 over 8 etc. I didn't do the whole league but having been to both Ottawa and Montreal to watch games, their ticket prices for comparable seats were in the same range as what you would see at BMO. However, I do agree we have too many price points - Edmonton has only 5, by comparison - and given the difficulty we have had filling the stadium, I agree that the prices have to come down for next season. Better for everyone if by doing so we can put more bums in the seats.
    Attendance figures indicate that ticket prices are out of whack for an apathetic CFL market like Toronto.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    But if you look at the pricing of tickets across the league, we are not out of whack. For example, Calgary has tickets from $35 - $120 over 10 price points, BC goes from $25 - $138.50 over 8 etc. I didn't do the whole league but having been to both Ottawa and Montreal to watch games, their ticket prices for comparable seats were in the same range as what you would see at BMO.
    The Argos aren't trying to sell tickets in those markets, they're trying to sell tickets here. In a market that has more options than all the others, and in an environment where the CFL is perceived as the fourth or fifth option for sporting dollars. The prices have to be pegged to what this market will bear. What they can charge in Ottawa (two teams, Redblacks arguably No. 1) or elsewhere is irrelevant IMO. Arguably the CFL is overpriced in BC and Mtl, the two markets that have at least two other competing teams, and their attendance levels would tend to support that theory.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7