Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
But Edmonton came off the bye week this week. I guess the advantage BC has over Edmonton is that they didn't recently acquire that human jinx known as John Chick. Ti-Cats went from contenders to 7 wins in 25 games after acquiring Chick, and Edmonton is now 0-3 with him, while the Cats have greatly improved. One key denominator there.
Are you seriously suggesting John Chick has been a big part of the problem of the losing ways of both the Ticats & the Esks this season? What - he's a poor DE and his weak play allows for opposition offences to do better than if he was not there? Or maybe he's a me first/ego-head type that disrupts team chemistry or screws up the D?

If you're just a believer in sports jinx or superstition stuff, I can get that. But if you're saying John Chick is not a good defensive end anymore, then you've really lost me (and more than usual ;o) ). Chick may not be as good as he was a few years back, but IMO he is still a very good D player with a motor - still gets some decent push (saw him with a knock-down and some pressures just last game vs. the Bummers), and remains one of the best DEs in the league against the run.