Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Saskie native Brett Boyko promoted to Chargers active roster
    3Down Staff 3downnation.com December 18, 2017

Saskatoon product and B.C. Lions draft pick Brett Boyko has been added to the San Diego active roster and could see his first-ever NFL action this Sunday when the Chargers travel to New York to face the Jets.

The 25-year-old Boyko, a 6-foot-7 offensive lineman, has spent most of the past three years on the practice squad, first with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2015, then with the Chargers the last two seasons.

A top-rated CFL prospect after playing his college ball at UNLV, Boyko fell to the Lions in the third round over the (apparently very real) concerns surrounding his NFL prospects.

Boyko played – wait for it – quarterback in high school and almost came to the CFL last fall after he was released by the Chargers.

“It’s a tough deal,” Boyko told the Saskatoon StarPhoenix at the time. “NFL or CFL? What is the right place for me? I don’t know the right answer to that yet. I’m in the same boat as a lot of American players, hoping to get an opportunity later in the (NFL) season. They don’t have the CFL option. Fortunately, I have. There is some interest (on his part) in just waiting for injuries — or something to happen that would open a door for me down south. That’s my agent’s main focus right now.”

The Chargers ultimately re-signed him to a future’s contract and now he’ll suit up on Sunday so it seems like he made the call.
    Last edited by rdavies; 01-04-2018 at 06:00 AM.