Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Well we’ve taken some time to reflect on and discuss the new 2018 season ticket package and the word that sums it up for us is Disappointing.

We’re disappointed that we’re losing the Flex Tickets. We will have used all of them by the end of the regular season and it was this season’s best perk to being a season ticket holder in our opinion.

We’re disappointed that the prices haven’t been reduced as discussed at the Open Mic night.

We’re disappointed that the number of price points haven’t been reduced as discussed at the Open Mic Night.

We’re disappointed that there’s still no in stadium concession discounts for season ticket holders as discussed at the Open Mic Night. (Many other CFL Teams offer this benefit to season ticket holders)

We’re disappointed that there’s still no merchandise discounts in stadium (or at the Tailgate as discussed at the Open Mic Night) for season ticket holders like TFC season ticket holders have @ BMO Field.

We’re disappointed that we won’t qualify for the new referral program as we’re most likely reducing the number of season tickets that we have. We’ve been debating this one and we’re hoping that there would be a price reduction that would allow us to maintain the same number of tickets but with our kids losing interest in the CFL it doesn’t make sense to continue with the same number of season tickets.

So overall the 2018 season ticket package is a step back from the 2017 season ticket package for us.
From my perspective, and I appreciate others have differing opinions on this, I have to agree with what you have said. In my situation, the current offering is a step back. HOWEVER, I had a long conversation with Michael Hook and he was very receptive to my concerns, and has indicated that he will do his best to address individual STH's concerns as best he can. On that basis, and given how much I enjoy the CFL game and being a loyal Argos fan, I have renewed my tickets for next year.