Good morning,

I have spent some time reviewing what everyone has written and I can tell you I truly appreciate it. I hope everyone on this forum knows I am available at any time via email (mhook@argonauts.ca) or phone (416 341 2726). We are only as strong as our fans and those in this forum are some of the best in the league. That said I can appreciate everyone having concern or not being happy with what we rolled out yesterday. I can assure you that all decisions were reviewed and made with the best interest of growing this fan base, I certainly hope all of you will be a part of it. I also hope you have seen the progress we have made this year on the field, and off the field. We have make great efforts to ensure you the season ticket holder was looked after.

I think it is fair to want a price decrease but we have made a decision to keep our prices flat for the 3rd straight season. This is unlike any other team in the city of Toronto. The Argos prices are still very competitive to the league average if you consider that 75% of our season ticket holders fall between a price point of $699-$199 seats. Like everyone on this board I want to grow this fan base and I am committed to that but it doesn’t happen over night. It also doesn’t happen by assuming that giving away our tickets will help. The flex tickets were a great benefit but at the end of the day a strategy to comp tickets. Plain and simple it wasn't taken advantage of considering only 48% to date were used and many of those donated to charity plus we have found many of these tickets on stubhub. It has been my goal to reduce the amount of comp tickets given out and I can tell you that year over year we reduced our comp tickets by 65%. Our paid attendance has increased and we continue to see more new fans coming out. The flex ticket if used properly did provide some of this but it wasn’t the best way to grow our base. I am happy to discuss with any of you the opportunity to bring new fans out. This also allows us to more strategically offer you the season ticket holder family and friends opportunities.

We remain committed to providing a competitive team, an awesome game experience and service second to none. I can assure you we are working every day to get to this right and build on the progress we made in 2017.

I know many fans believe we offered discounted tickets on a regular basis and this is somewhat accurate however in all cases except this weekend (Maxim) these discounted tickets were only available in the group section (no season tickets available). I think it is important for us to continue to offer special promotion to attract new fans and also ensure they pay. I understand that at times is seems better to buy tickets on a game to game basis but I want all of you to know that the benefit of being a season ticket holder certainly out weighs buying game to game, better seating, lower prices on a per game basis, the inclusion in our events, playoff tickets at a discounted rate and guaranteed giveaways.

Finally I know I have had discussions with many of you about a rescale of the stadium. Although this didn’t take place in 2018 it is something that we are continuing to work on and review. It isn’t as simple as eliminating sections since that can create price increase in some areas and we certainly were not going to come out with any lifts. I understand that we need to simplify our map but for 2018 it is easier and makes more business sense to leave things as is.

I want to talk with you. Please email me directly or call me and I can discuss your situation and how we continue to win you back again in 2018. I do think I can say with confidence that we made great strides in 2017. We need you and I can assure each and every one of you we are here for you!!!! That said if any of you feel more comfortable speaking in person I will be available on Saturday at tailgate.

Thank you

Michael Hook
Toronto Argonauts