Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
TBH my decision wasn't a protest at all, just trying to maximize the value of my dollar spend.
$1400.00 for two season tickets, $44.00 per game for the Go train, dinner with my son $60.00 + mandatory snacks at the game $30.00 or so and it adds up over a 10 game home schedule.
My new seats are $900.00 for two season seats with very little difference in our vantage point, to me much better value and best of all good times with my son!!
I would hazard a guess some others may consider doing the same thing.
Ultimately the market will decide if certain ticket pricing levels are correct or not, my strategy moving into BMO would have been modest ticket pricing to get people to the stadium, experience the atmosphere (which is great BTW), purchase concessions merchandise etc then gradually increase the pricing over time.
In other words establish the experience, build your foundation and over a period of time increase your profit.
We cut "other" game costs in 2017 by the tailgate. Paid $30 tailgate fee and we saved $44 on the GO, the $60 pre-meal and by filling my son up, 1/2 the $30 snack costs. Drinks, snack and a couple burgers pre-game. One or two pre-game beers at $4 also eliminate my game beer costs.