Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Michael can you elaborate on the plans to fill the stadium for a home playoff date? To only draw the typical 12000 die hards would be a huge missed opportunity for exposure of this exciting team and would make your job of selling tickets next year much easier.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Well done. That is the best way to show how you feel. If more people do that, it would likely be the best signal to be sent about price points. Much better than complaining on here.
    Moving closer to your neighbourhood Angelo!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

New Fan
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Scooter, we are working on our playoff strategy but can tell you we will be going on sale October 16th - season ticket holders, flex pack clients, suite holders and our sponsors will have an opportunity to pick up tickets prior to us going live to the public on October 23rd. Season ticket holders and our sponsors will have the opportunity to purchase tickets (additional in the case of STH if required) at the same rate as what you would have paid in the season ticket package.

We will also be ramping up our marketing efforts to promote the game and target not only the downtown business but more importantly the area's surrounding Toronto. We will have a few group programs that we can execute on (minor football, schools etc). My experience selling post season baseball has shown me that you cannot take things for granted and we will not leave any opportunity untouched.

More details to follow once we have officially clinched

Thank you

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I renewed this morning but moved from Gold A to Silver B seats without a huge difference in vantage point.
    that is a great idea ... i sent a resignation email yesterday - asking for no response --- my little area had 7 of us .. down to me and my girlfriend, and I am 95% sure I am done - however seeing as I can get in for $199, and then go sit wherever I please, that may be a good way to still be a STH, but protest the stupidity of these poor management decisions as well (and not feel bad when my other buddys get in for 10-15 bucks every game and laugh at this sucker for paying 399/year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    that is a great idea ... i sent a resignation email yesterday - asking for no response --- my little area had 7 of us .. down to me and my girlfriend, and I am 95% sure I am done - however seeing as I can get in for $199, and then go sit wherever I please, that may be a good way to still be a STH, but protest the stupidity of these poor management decisions as well (and not feel bad when my other buddys get in for 10-15 bucks every game and laugh at this sucker for paying 399/year.
    TBH my decision wasn't a protest at all, just trying to maximize the value of my dollar spend.
    $1400.00 for two season tickets, $44.00 per game for the Go train, dinner with my son $60.00 + mandatory snacks at the game $30.00 or so and it adds up over a 10 game home schedule.
    My new seats are $900.00 for two season seats with very little difference in our vantage point, to me much better value and best of all good times with my son!!
    I would hazard a guess some others may consider doing the same thing.
    Ultimately the market will decide if certain ticket pricing levels are correct or not, my strategy moving into BMO would have been modest ticket pricing to get people to the stadium, experience the atmosphere (which is great BTW), purchase concessions merchandise etc then gradually increase the pricing over time.
    In other words establish the experience, build your foundation and over a period of time increase your profit.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Well we’ve taken some time to reflect on and discuss the new 2018 season ticket package and the word that sums it up for us is Disappointing.

We’re disappointed that we’re losing the Flex Tickets. We will have used all of them by the end of the regular season and it was this season’s best perk to being a season ticket holder in our opinion.

We’re disappointed that the prices haven’t been reduced as discussed at the Open Mic night.

We’re disappointed that the number of price points haven’t been reduced as discussed at the Open Mic Night.

We’re disappointed that there’s still no in stadium concession discounts for season ticket holders as discussed at the Open Mic Night. (Many other CFL Teams offer this benefit to season ticket holders)

We’re disappointed that there’s still no merchandise discounts in stadium (or at the Tailgate as discussed at the Open Mic Night) for season ticket holders like TFC season ticket holders have @ BMO Field.

We’re disappointed that we won’t qualify for the new referral program as we’re most likely reducing the number of season tickets that we have. We’ve been debating this one and we’re hoping that there would be a price reduction that would allow us to maintain the same number of tickets but with our kids losing interest in the CFL it doesn’t make sense to continue with the same number of season tickets.

So overall the 2018 season ticket package is a step back from the 2017 season ticket package for us.
    Perhaps I missed it but does anyone know if you still have to buy the entire season of Tailgate Parking Passes in order to get the season ticket holder discount? If so that's another disappointment for us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    TBH my decision wasn't a protest at all, just trying to maximize the value of my dollar spend.
    $1400.00 for two season tickets, $44.00 per game for the Go train, dinner with my son $60.00 + mandatory snacks at the game $30.00 or so and it adds up over a 10 game home schedule.
    My new seats are $900.00 for two season seats with very little difference in our vantage point, to me much better value and best of all good times with my son!!
    Ultimately the market will decide if certain ticket pricing levels are correct or not, my strategy moving into BMO would have been modest ticket pricing to get people to the stadium, experience the atmosphere (which is great BTW), purchase concessions merchandise etc then gradually increase the pricing over time.
    In other words establish the experience, build your foundation and over a period of time increase your profit.
    Economics matter. By slightly adjusting your ST prices, you've subsidized 1/2 of your "other" game day costs with virtually no cost to you and your son. I suspect if the $1,400 ST had added "tiered" perks (free parking, transportation, unique Alumni, player events), for you and your son you would've been compelled to renew them.

It is unfortunate that the Argos can't get the free transportation deal to/from BMO Field like most of the other CFL teams have arranged in their cities. $44 transportation is dear! Elsewhere 2 hours prior to/and after the game most CFL fans travel to the games for free. I realize it's not their fault.

Like you say "other" costs certainly add up. My son at 16 is essentially a life support shy for stomach at this point. Stadium treats add up.

I see loyal, die-hard fans moving to the reasonably priced ST next season, while many go the game-to-game route.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We cut "other" game costs in 2017 by the tailgate. Paid $30 tailgate fee and we saved $44 on the GO, the $60 pre-meal and by filling my son up, 1/2 the $30 snack costs. Drinks, snack and a couple burgers pre-game. One or two pre-game beers at $4 also eliminate my game beer costs.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    We cut "other" game costs in 2017 by the tailgate. Paid $30 tailgate fee and we saved $44 on the GO, the $60 pre-meal and by filling my son up, 1/2 the $30 snack costs. Drinks, snack and a couple burgers pre-game. One or two pre-game beers at $4 also eliminate my game beer costs.
    Smart plan, maximize your experience at a modest cost.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Economics matter. By slightly adjusting your ST prices, you've subsidized 1/2 of your "other" game day costs with virtually no cost to you and your son. I suspect if the $1,400 ST had added "tiered" perks (free parking, transportation, unique Alumni, player events), for you and your son you would've been compelled to renew them.

It is unfortunate that the Argos can't get the free transportation deal to/from BMO Field like most of the other CFL teams have arranged in their cities. $44 transportation is dear! Elsewhere 2 hours prior to/and after the game most CFL fans travel to the games for free. I realize it's not their fault.

Like you say "other" costs certainly add up. My son at 16 is essentially a life support shy for stomach at this point. Stadium treats add up.

I see loyal, die-hard fans moving to the reasonably priced ST next season, while many go the game-to-game route.
    LOL
    Would be great to be a teenager again!
    Now we know what our parents had to deal with.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Smart plan, maximize your experience at a modest cost.
    And keep our boys fuel tank full at all times!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
    ... We will also be ramping up our marketing efforts to promote the game and target not only the downtown business but more importantly the area's surrounding Toronto. We will have a few group programs that we can execute on (minor football, schools etc). My experience selling post season baseball has shown me that you cannot take things for granted and we will not leave any opportunity untouched.

More details to follow once we have officially clinched

Thank you
    Good idea though you should have been targeting the GTA and not just Toronto proper from the beginning, at the very least with billboards along the 401.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Most likely will downgrade seats, but add another to the account. Wait and see right now, as I'd prefer to not have to pay for all 3 seats.

New Fan
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Don’t know yet if I’ll renew, they had a chance to restructure their ticket prices and didn’t. Hard to comit to a full season when I can get $12 tickets from deal sites during the season. The ticket prices are the same, however cutting benefits of begin a season ticket holder to me means I’m paying more.

New Fan
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    TFC adjust season ticket prices based on how long you’ve had your seats, example you pay less for the same seats if you joined year one vs someone just joined this season. Anyone know if the Argos have considered doing this?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Argos are my favorite sports team.... other than being a causual leaf fan... they are the only team I follow in Toronto.... I think the management team for the ARGOs has done an excellent job this year ... especially love the tail gate and 4$ beers ... The ARGOs need our support so put a deposit down last week.... . Go ARRRGOS.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wewantthecup View Post
    TFC adjust season ticket prices based on how long you’ve had your seats, example you pay less for the same seats if you joined year one vs someone just joined this season. Anyone know if the Argos have considered doing this?
    I bumped into a friend from high school yesterday who is a big soccer fan. He told me he had TFC season tickets for the first 10 years, second row at mid field. After making it to the final last year, the team made his seats unavailable as they are now corporate seats, and they offered him new seats in the upper level. He told me he declined and will not go back.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I bumped into a friend from high school yesterday who is a big soccer fan. He told me he had TFC season tickets for the first 10 years, second row at mid field. After making it to the final last year, the team made his seats unavailable as they are now corporate seats, and they offered him new seats in the upper level. He told me he declined and will not go back.
    Thanks for the support. F@C# you very much.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Thanks for the support. F@C# you very much.
    Why are you telling angelo to f off?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    Why are you telling angelo to f off?
    He's not.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022