Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Very disappointing that year after year after year penalties are such a problem.
The CFL likes to promote their special teams and kick returns as being exciting and a third part of the game. But with the majority of kick returns being flagged for holding or illegal blocking that part of the game has become a frustrating unwatchable performance. I don't know what the League can do to change this as I believe it contibutes somewhat to turning off viewers. I know I find myself, a hard core CFL fan, turning to something else when too many of these calls are called if I'm watching a game not involving the Argos. The game has changed and is so fast from when the rules were made. Also team can't really practice at game speed. Offensive players can draw penalties by turning their back (even costing a fan a million dollars) and bingo its a block in the back from a push. And quite often away from the play.

But we have the Grey Cup game to look forward to, as that's when the officials suddenly develop common sense and only the most blatant calls are made.