Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Very disappointing that year after year after year penalties are such a problem.
    The CFL likes to promote their special teams and kick returns as being exciting and a third part of the game. But with the majority of kick returns being flagged for holding or illegal blocking that part of the game has become a frustrating unwatchable performance. I don't know what the League can do to change this as I believe it contibutes somewhat to turning off viewers. I know I find myself, a hard core CFL fan, turning to something else when too many of these calls are called if I'm watching a game not involving the Argos. The game has changed and is so fast from when the rules were made. Also team can't really practice at game speed. Offensive players can draw penalties by turning their back (even costing a fan a million dollars) and bingo its a block in the back from a push. And quite often away from the play.

But we have the Grey Cup game to look forward to, as that's when the officials suddenly develop common sense and only the most blatant calls are made.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    As usual, I don't get the complaining. It was a very exciting, well played game. Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit, rather than whipping on the Argos. Bridge was absolutely on fire. The Riders are very fast on defence too. Chris Jones finally has the type of D he wants.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    As usual, I don't get the complaining. It was a very exciting, well played game. Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit, rather than whipping on the Argos. Bridge was absolutely on fire. The Riders are very fast on defence too. Chris Jones finally has the type of D he wants.
    Could have gone either way but the Riders were full credit for the win.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The CFL likes to promote their special teams and kick returns as being exciting and a third part of the game. But with the majority of kick returns being flagged for holding or illegal blocking that part of the game has become a frustrating unwatchable performance. I don't know what the League can do to change this as I believe it contibutes somewhat to turning off viewers. I know I find myself, a hard core CFL fan, turning to something else when too many of these calls are called if I'm watching a game not involving the Argos. The game has changed and is so fast from when the rules were made. Also team can't really practice at game speed. Offensive players can draw penalties by turning their back (even costing a fan a million dollars) and bingo its a block in the back from a push. And quite often away from the play.
    It's not just the CFL. I watched some of the Bears-Vikings Monday nighter. Tons of penalties.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm really hoping the Riders come in here for a playoff game. We handed them two wins on a platter this year there's no way in hell it happens a third time.

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    It's not just the CFL. I watched some of the Bears-Vikings Monday nighter. Tons of penalties.
    Yes, but the right team won.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm really hoping the Riders come in here for a playoff game. We handed them two wins on a platter this year there's no way in hell it happens a third time.

Yeah, I'd love to see that smug little prick ego-Jones get his over-rated @$$ whipped by the Argos in a play-off game; but that would mean the Riders had won the East semi via cross-over, and I don't want to see a West team win a cross-over - none of them - and I'd gladly cheer for the Pussycats even in that game.

And if Jones is still dumb enough to trot out the pinnacle of ultra mediocre CFL QBs in Glenn as his starter, then the Argos should be able win that game handily IMO (or at least if most of the D is healthy); Bridge is clearly/easily the more dangerous and athletic QB compared to that wimp Glenn and Bridge would give the Riders a much better shot at winning - just on his arm strength alone and with some very talented receivers to throw it to.