Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Not sold on Chamblin? Is someone is forgetting how bad this team was on Defense last year?

Chamblin will be a Head Coach again, and much of it will be based on what he has accomplished this season.

To me, Ray and Reilly both played a pretty good game.....but I thought Zylkstra and Gable were better than Green and Whitaker. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit.

Following the past couple of seasons and the late start that Popp and Trestman were given; I think fans should feel fortunate that we've just clinched a spot in the dance; cos in the dance, anything can happen.

And yes, this league is pretty tight.
    Exactly Gonzo, Chamblin has done a brilliant job putting together a defence largely consisting of new players for the Argonauts.
    Stubler's D was an embarrassment last season, Chamblin's D is a huge reason this team has improved in 2017.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Not sold on Chamblin? Is someone forgetting how bad this team was on Defense last year?

Chamblin will be a Head Coach again, and much of it will be based on what he has accomplished this season.

To me, Ray and Reilly both played a pretty good game.....but I thought Zylkstra and Gable were better than Green and Whitaker. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit.

Following the past couple of seasons and the late start that Popp and Trestman were given; I think fans should feel fortunate that we've just clinched a spot in the dance; cos in the dance, anything can happen.

And yes, this league is pretty tight.
    Agree with all of that, except the part of Zylsra being better than Green. They were a wash IMO on Saturday, with Green actually probably having a slight edge. Definitely Gable was the big difference in the game (Thanks Hamilton).
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The defence under Chamblin has played much better than I anticipated. However, their play over the past 3 weeks against Hamilton, Saskatchewan and Edmonton is a cause for concern.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I do believe if they are able to field all of their starters in the playoffs they can compete with every team in the league and they will not be outcoached by any team. This doesn't mean they will win but it means they have a shot. Ottawa fully healthy knowing they host the GC will be a hard team to beat regardless of where the game is played.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I like the call 3rd and 5 with the HC going for it, but the play of a swing pass then the receiver having to advance the ball and get tackled is plain stupid.
    Clearly that wasn't Ray's first option. He wanted to go downfield but was forced to check down because he got pressured right away.

That was a 4-man rush we couldn't handle in a crucial spot. Giving up too many pressures is the achilles heel of this team.

Bunch of officiating calls I didn't like:
    -illegal contact (Plummer) on Edmonton's first offensive possession
    -no call when Wynn clearly got held on the 2nd last play of the first quarter
    -Edmonton #57 holding (make up call?) on their next possession, which wasn't holding, and didn't matter since we sacked Reilly on the play
    -no call on Edmonton #45 for tackling Jackson after he fumbled

Also wasn't a fan of the RTP call on Laing.

Trestman's challenge was also ill-advised. I think he did that one out of emotion.