Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    In Saturday's game we saw a younger more mobile Reilly outplay him when it mattered most.
    Again, where did Reilly outplay him? When it mattered most? They both led their teams to lead changing TD's late in the 4th. They both threw picks on balls tipped by the lineman. Ray averaged more yards per pass attempt than Reilly, and had it not been for a couple of Illegal contact penalties on the final drive (one which negated a holding call on the offence) the game was over. I don't know how that can be pinned on Ray being outplayed by Reilly. Oh, and did I mention CJ Gable ran wild?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Normally it's better not to get into a "I'm right no I'm right" dialogue but since the question was posed, "where did Reilly outplayed him (Ray)?", I'll attempt to answer the query.

Ray played an excellent game as his stats of 76.2% completions, for 362 yards demonstrated but when the chips were down, he didn't match Reilly's performance of a late 4th quarter 74 yard drive, which included 2 successful third down plays.

Ray's play did not lose the game for the Argos. Gable's 104 yards against Whitaker's 39 had more to do with it. Jackson's crucial 6th season fumble also didn't help. The very questionable PI call against Darby also hurt Argo's chance of winning.

There is no question that both Ray and Reilly had great games but if one has to judge which QB did more to win the game, then it was Reilly with his last minute heroics.

Others have come to the same conclusion, as one reporter wrote "Reilly outgunned Ray" or as another commented "---Reilly's another clutch performance in winning the game".

It is probably true that Reilly didn't outplay Ray until the very end of the game but that was when it meant the most.

Anyway, that is my take on the issue but I respect others who may have a different opinion. It's also my last word on the issue