Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
I think it should. Ray has a serious injury history here. The only other season where he started in more than 14 games was 2014, and we know what happened in that season and in 2015. I'd also like to point out that Ray hasn't been the same since he was injured a few weeks ago, it will be interesting to see/hear if he's been playing injured again this season at some point during the off season. I'd rather see the Argos been smart with the cap, seeing as Ray is 37 years old for another week, isn't getting any younger, and has a injury history since donning the double blue.

As I've stated multiple times, I'd have no issue with this so long as Ray was the permanent backup (never stepped foot on the field unless the starter was injured), but I fear that so long as Ricky is here, Trestman (or Milanovich if he stuck around) would eventually put him back out there as the full time starter. Ottawa figured this out with Harris and Burris (replace the starter before it's too late), and Burris came off a great playoff run, and could probably play at the very least another season, but moving on now ensured that it didn't become too late. Trestman and Popp didn't figure this out before, so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.
The time is coming to move on from Ray but he has played really well this season.
Burris retired after the Grey Cup so the decision to move on with Harris was made for them, not the result of any great organizational foresight and wisdom.