Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
Not to denigrate in any way Ray's performance this year, as he has performed admirably but age and injuries have further reduced his somewhat limited mobility. In Saturday's game we saw a younger more mobile Reilly outplay him when it mattered most. Ray is still capable of playing brilliant football, as we saw late in the game against Hamilton. However, as others have stated, change at QB must come sooner or later and the danger of waiting too long, might well result in a similar situation that Montreal found itself in after Calvillo retired.

Ray has had a great year and could perhaps hang on another year or two but that could be at the expense of the team developing the next first string QB. Hopefully the team can get first place and then go on to play in the GC. That swan song, would be an excellent time for Ray to retire.

A well thought and rational post Shatto. Ricky Ray has had a very good season, but the Argos would be insane not to consider what you have mentioned above. It's what they do. Or, it's what good managers do. Bad managers only react to right now. Good managers get *in front* of the curve. In fact, if we're going to move forward with Ricky, it should not be at a starters rate. Time to bolster up and have a 1-A and 1-B situation next season (or another full out starter). I'd like Ricky to be a part of that equation and I believe it is fully possible given RR's desire to learn how to coach. What better way than to have 2 QB's with lots of coaching experience to learn from?

I think Ricky is comfortable with the Argos and Marc Trestman. I think Ricky is a rational, team driven performer. I think Ricky is a realist.

It'll have to be an incentives contract for RR next season, or I too believe this team will cost itself in positive progression moving forward into some very crucial seasons in Toronto.