Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
If memory serves, you were one of the posters on here suggesting Cross was not a player around this time last year. Maybe I'm wrong about that -- there was definitely more than one poster who ripped him on the basis of one or two dropped passes. Ironically, I came to his defence at the time. And for the record, I think Ralph has good potential. But to think he might already be what Coombs took three years to develop into seems overly optimistic.
I was in the group that gave Cross a hard time. Rightfully so, those were some glaring drops on key downs. I only recall one poster asking he'd be cut though, and he's not posting here anymore. I'm glad he has grown to be a good player. Such is the growing pains of younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
While I understand that Declan Cross is not going to replace Wilder or Whitaker, I do think he should be used more often on running plays. Having Cross carry the ball once in 16 games, when he has shown he is a good runner by gaining 231 of his receiving yards as YAC yards is ridiculous. It could even benefit whoever is in the backfield as RB, whether it is Wilder or Whitaker, because the opposition automatic assumption is that the RB is the only one getting the ball on a running play, especially now that Coombs is injured.
Reminds me of Jeff Johnson. When they finally gave him the ball, he could only produce. I'd love to see Cross get a few carries, even if it is to thow the D off like you mentioned. But then again, we'd be taking away targeted plays for Ralph! LOL