Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Question is, would Nascar have banned that flag if it wasn't for the (IMO justified rioting) after the murder of Geroge Floyd? Just like the cop that killed him likely would never have been charged without the rioting.

Call me a pessimist, but I think Nascar is doing this strictly for good PR. Their fan base has been going down for years because of the redneck factor, and they are just looking to change their image. All business.

Now, I am glad for any culture change in this regard, but I have a hard time believing that they have had such an about face in dealing with these Confederate flag waving goofballs. To me, it's no different than the Goodell apology. Although I personally feel Goodell really meant it, his bosses who he speaks on behalf of (the majority of the owners) don't feel that way.
    I agree that it was done for PR reasons, but it is still more than the NFL has done in reforming its approach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    All NBA games have been cancelled tonight in protest over another shooting of a Black man. This time it was the shooting of Jacob Blake seven times in the back. With 74.3% of players in the NBA being Black, the owners, unlike in the NFL, had little choice but to go along with the cancellations, unlike what happened to Kaepernick's much milder kneeling during the national anthem.

The NBA has announced that all three playoff games Wednesday will be postponed and rescheduled. The decision comes after the Milwaukee Bucks players did not take the court for Game 5 of their first-round series against the Orlando Magic, which was supposed to tip off at 4 p.m. ET. The protest comes in response to the shooting of an unarmed black man named Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday. Shortly after the Bucks made a statement by not playing, the Rockets and Thunder decided to also not play today, as well as the Lakers and Trail Blazers.

Bucks owners Marc Lasry, Wes Edens and Jamie Dinan released the following joint statement:

"We fully support out players and the decision they made. Although we did not know beforehand, we would have wholeheartedly agreed with them. The only way to bring about change is to shine a light on the racial injustices that are happening in front of us. Our players have done that and we will continue to stand alongside them and demand accountability and change."
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ponement/live/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    All NBA games have been cancelled tonight in protest over another shooting of a Black man. This time it was the shooting of Jacob Blake seven times in the back. With 74.3% of players in the NBA being Black, the owners, unlike in the NFL, had little choice but to go along with the cancellations, unlike what happened to Kaepernick's much milder kneeling during the national anthem.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ponement/live/
    The US is a hot f'n mess right now. Amazing how much worse things have become in the last 4 years.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The US is a hot f'n mess right now. Amazing how much worse things have become in the last 4 years.
    I am sure like most, I never thought in my life time that I would see the US on the brink.
    Just like Rome.......