Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    TFC and MLS has basically only a niche following in each city, with the people attending being the extent of the following.
    Since the TV numbers are so abysmal, I say they have no growth potential.
    Unlike the Argos who have quite a TV following in the league which has Canada wide following.
    There is no comparison between the two, so why don't we just ignore it.
    Simmons is a troll when it comes to the Argos and CFL, as it is all virtually negative reporting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    TFC and MLS has basically only a niche following in each city, with the people attending being the extent of the following.
    Since the TV numbers are so abysmal, I say they have no growth potential.
    Unlike the Argos who have quite a TV following in the league which has Canada wide following.
    There is no comparison between the two, so why don't we just ignore it.
    Simmons is a troll when it comes to the Argos and CFL, as it is all virtually negative reporting.
    You need to read Simmons and not just go by a pre-conceived idea of what he believes. He's been pumping the tires on the Argos game day experience for the better part of 2 years now.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You need to read Simmons and not just go by a pre-conceived idea of what he believes. He's been pumping the tires on the Argos game day experience for the better part of 2 years now.

When was the last time that Simmons wrote an entirely positive article on the Argos and or the CFL?
    I can't recall, as even when there is the slight positive slant there is always a "but".
    His equivalent are fellow Sportsnet kool aid drinkers and anti CFL Stephen Brunt and Damien Cox.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    When was the last time that Simmons wrote an entirely positive article on the Argos and or the CFL?
    I can't recall, as even when there is the slight positive slant there is always a "but".
    His equivalent are fellow Sportsnet kool aid drinkers and anti CFL Stephen Brunt and Damien Cox.
    Simmons is a classic wannabe - and it's cool for those types to mock or put down the CFL - cause it ain't "world class" or major league; and those types abound in the media now; too bad there aren't a lot of the other end of the scale types in the media - people who are proud of the CFL - it's heritage and continued fine quality of play & competition - and willing to speak out & comment positively on it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Simmons has been critical of the CFL but to his credit he pony’s up the cash and has season tickets.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    You obviously believe what you want to believe. I used to not like Simmons too, and felt he was too critical of the Argos and the league specifically. I admit I was wrong. I really enjoy listening to him on 1050, and thought he was great on the reporters (sad to see that show cancelled). When you write as many columns as he does, there are bound to be some hit and miss ones. Overall, I think he's very good.

As for Brunt and Cox, I know for a fact I have seen Brunt in the stands many times at Ti-Cats home games over the years. He is a fan. I blame the Rogers affiliation for any conceived ill will people see from him towards the league. Not sure about Cox. He has a much bigger ego than Brunt IMO and I am not a fan of his.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Not to mention that his family has season's tickets. I personally met him at one of the tailgates last year and there were twelve people with him who came to see the game.