Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    These fans are the "inebriatti" (sp?). They sitting down in front of section 115. I have TFC tickets in 114. These guys are fools. They've been reprimanded by the team in the past and have held protest. They are the ones who lead the anti-Argo movement. They are ignorant to their own fans too. Best to ignore them but I've considered wearing my Argos jersey to TFC games a few times haha

New Fan
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian45 View Post
    These fans are the "inebriatti" (sp?). They sitting down in front of section 115. I have TFC tickets in 114. These guys are fools. They've been reprimanded by the team in the past and have held protest. They are the ones who lead the anti-Argo movement. They are ignorant to their own fans too. Best to ignore them but I've considered wearing my Argos jersey to TFC games a few times haha
    Absolutely right to condemn and then ignore them. They are self-serving idiots who way over value their own importance to TFC.

That banner in no way represents all or even few TFC fans. Its that of the Inebriatti and the Inebriatti only.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneDeaf View Post
    Absolutely right to condemn and then ignore them. They are self-serving idiots who way over value their own importance to TFC.

That banner in no way represents all or even few TFC fans. Its that of the Inebriatti and the Inebriatti only.
    Nice to hear that, as I suspected, these are the actions of a few. On a positive note, what was your take away from your first Argo game?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Yes, most intelligent TFC fans disaprove. They DO however, influence the casual attendee and even media (there's been positive articles remarking how cool they are, or their name at least). I have stopped attending TFC games. If they are such a-holes and are allowed to continue to demonstrate so (see Montreal BJ sign), then MLSE or even better, the MAJORITY of TFC fans should force MLSE to end their exsistence at games. I will not return until so, and I encourage others the same until something is done.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The obnoxious sign was undoubtedly place there by a TFC fan group called the Inebriatti. It's a group with a short but interesting history:
    .The Sun reported, security cameras showed they were involved in the display of a disgraceful banner of a woman performing oral sex on a man.
    .They were responsible for creating the "No Argos@BMO" protest movement.
    .They were banned from attending a game in Montreal in 2016, because of the apparent damage they caused at a previous game.
    .There was a power struggle between Inebriatti and TFC front office following disciplinary action imposed by the TFC front office
    .The group obstinately refuses to accept that the city owned BMO stadium should ever have the Argos as tenants.
    .But most importantly, they don't represent the majority of the TFC fans

The last point is most significant. Now that it has been demonstrated that the field (pitch) is not being compromised by the presence of the Argos, most TFC fans appear to be graciously accepting the stadium now legitimately hosts both TFC and the Argos. Hopefully the influence of this adolescent like group, will wane over time. There is no reason the two fan groups can't accept and support each other.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The obnoxious sign was undoubtedly place there by a TFC fan group called the Inebriatti. It's a group with a short but interesting history:
    .The Sun reported, security cameras showed they were involved in the display of a disgraceful banner of a woman performing oral sex on a man.
    .They were banned from attending a game in Montreal in 2016, because of the apparent damage they caused at a previous game.
    .There was a power struggle between Inebriatti and TFC front office following disciplinary action imposed by the TFC front office
    .The group obstinately refuses to accept that the city owned BMO stadium should ever have the Argos as tenants.

The last point is most significant. Now that it has been demonstrated that the field (pitch) is not being compromised by the presence of the Argos, most TFC fans appear to be graciously accepting the stadium now legitimately hosts both TFC and the Argos. Hopefully the influence of this adolescent like group, will wane over time. There is no reason the two fan groups can't accept and support each other.
    I will never support inebriatti. General Argos accepting tfc fanbase, yes but not them.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post

It makes me wonder if former Toronto mayor David Miller is a founding member.
    :-)

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/spo...service=mobile

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I get that this group may be the worst of the bunch, but are they the only ones that post on Red Patch boys forum? I went on to have a look when the Argos move to BMO was announced, and would say at least 90% of their posters had the same thoughts towards the Argos. Have not checked it out in over a year, so just wondering.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I get that this group may be the worst of the bunch, but are they the only ones that post on Red Patch boys forum? I went on to have a look when the Argos move to BMO was announced, and would say at least 90% of their posters had the same thoughts towards the Argos. Have not checked it out in over a year, so just wondering.
    No doubt that many TFC fans who are not members of this "Innebratti" (sp), have no problem with this banner being displayed.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    I haven't been there in a while, but even the RPB are kinda dickheads, but have softened their stance re ground sharing. When it was proven (over time and experience) that the groundsharing would not be harmful to the precious turf and also proven that soccer is more harmful to turf than football those who had the ability to think mellowed out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Red Patch Boys are a separate supporter group that has its own forum. Some members of Inebriatti are former members and both groups have gone head to head on a few issues. Despite what people claim, a lot of TFC supporter groups share the same mindset, Inebriatti just takes it to extreme.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Red Patch Boys are a separate supporter group that has its own forum. Some members of Inebriatti are former members and both groups have gone head to head on a few issues. Despite what people claim, a lot of TFC supporter groups share the same mindset, Inebriatti just takes it to extreme.
    Thanks. Good explanation.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    They all sound scary and should be avoided at all cost!😟
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ruffles Crunch Time: A change in the Argos Identity
    http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/ruffles-...entity~1268143

Here's hoping that the Eastern Final win leads to the rebuild and not just another blip.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Ruffles Crunch Time: A change in the Argos Identity
    http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/ruffles-...entity~1268143

Here's hoping that the Eastern Final win leads to the rebuild and not just another blip.
    hopefully it will. The Argos need to do the level of marketing for all their games that they did for the final.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    They all sound scary and should be avoided at all cost!😟
    As a former poster used to point out, they are hardly scary. Their immature behaviour combined with the way they have treated the Argos is more off putting than anything. I just can't be a part or support any of it anymore.

New Fan
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    For what it’s worth - I know I haven’t made too many new friends in here - I thoroughly enjoyed my first Argo game, the excitement and the atmosphere. I even got chatting with a few very decent people, who knows, maybe one of you.

In accordance with the thread, the Argos can claim a TFC fan as one of their own, too.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    For what it’s worth - I know I haven’t made too many new friends in here - I thoroughly enjoyed my first Argo game, the excitement and the atmosphere. I even got chatting with a few very decent people, who knows, maybe one of you.

In accordance with the thread, the Argos can claim a TFC fan as one of their own, too.
    If you're a fan of the Argos you're a friend to us. (also you must hate the Ticats)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level

Good to hear! Hopefully Argos win this week and TFC, keeps it going, as well. As someone else pointed out, two BMO Field champions in 2017 has a pretty good ring to it...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level

Well, you've stuck around this long...you can't be too bad!