Not what you were probably expecting, but this is a challenge FROM the media.

Okay...one member of the media.

Okay...me.

Since I first arrived in Toronto in 1992 I've heard nothing but criticism of the media, much of it deserved, but it got incredibly frustrating at times getting lumped in with the faction of the media that doesn't care about the CFL and the Argos.

That ain't me. I'm an unabashed football fan who lists Bill Symons as his first favourite player. I've been a season-ticket holder when I wasn't calling the games, my wife has three season tix now. My wife and I drove from Whitby to Hamilton to watch Mac/Queen's in the rain two weeks ago, while I drove to K/W to watch the Laurier/Mac game this week.

Admittedly, I love football. I want the sport to thrive in Toronto. A big crowd in Toronto would look great on TV and help the image of the sport in the GTA tremendously.

At the end of last week's podcast I said something to JJ and it was picked up by a few listeners and shared on Twitter, so I thought I'd throw it out here and see what happens.

My challenge to you is simple and direct. If you're going to the game, recruit a friend. If you go with a group of three, recruit three friends between you. Even if they can't sit near you, drinks before/after the game are easily planned.

Whether the Argos play Ottawa or Saskatchewan, it should be a fantastic game. If the base of 12,000 fans can recruit an equal number you flirt with a sellout.

I'll do my part.

Are you up for the challenge? If yes, let everyone here know when you grab a friend or three to bring to the game.

I'm up for a big party on Sunday, November 19th.

Who's with me?