Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    https://theathletic.com/149001/2017/...ivision-final/

Good to see/hear that the Franchise is doing all they can to sell this game out. I really hope that we get at least 25k at the game, we need this right now, something to hopefully build off of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    https://theathletic.com/149001/2017/...ivision-final/

Good to see/hear that the Franchise is doing all they can to sell this game out. I really hope that we get at least 25k at the game, we need this right now, something to hopefully build off of.
    Thanks for posting, that was a good read.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    My son and I are so excited about the CFL Eastern Final that we're driving to Ottawa on Sunday and will scout the opposition. Nothing better than fall in Canada and being in the CFL playoffs!
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Even if they sell it out, next year we're back to 15000. That's why, long term the crowd is irrelevant. Attending Argos games just isn't a priority in this city. We have a strong fanbase, just not one that feels motivated to come out, for a variety of reasons.
    But it will be nice to experience a packed house for football at BMO. It's an eastern final, I'm really optimistic itll be full, or at least feel full.

Boatman
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    Even if they sell it out, next year we're back to 15000. That's why, long term the crowd is irrelevant. Attending Argos games just isn't a priority in this city. We have a strong fanbase, just not one that feels motivated to come out, for a variety of reasons.
    But it will be nice to experience a packed house for football at BMO. It's an eastern final, I'm really optimistic itll be full, or at least feel full.
    I think a sellout could have a bit more spillover effect next year. I have friends buying tickets for the Eastern Final because I got them out to a regular season game this year. A sellout experience can lead them to come to an extra game next year or bring a friend themselves. Baby steps, but any extra bum in the seat makes a difference.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argonauts commercial during the Bruins - Leafs game and they just interviewed Wilder & Woods during a stoppage in play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Argonauts commercial during the Bruins - Leafs game and they just interviewed Wilder & Woods during a stoppage in play.
    Can't say that the Owners aren't trying here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree but some people will probably still say that they're not doing enough.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I think a sellout could have a bit more spillover effect next year. I have friends buying tickets for the Eastern Final because I got them out to a regular season game this year. A sellout experience can lead them to come to an extra game next year or bring a friend themselves. Baby steps, but any extra bum in the seat makes a difference.
    I agree fully, I got twenty coming to the game, most of these people are coming because they either had a great time coming to a game I brought them to this year or heard how much fun the tailgate and BMO field are. A loud sell out crowd will only help them enjoy themselves and encourage them to come out more. I always ask people I take if they had more fun then an average Jays game and they always answer yes. It's about convincing the casual sports fan, that might go to a couple Jays games a year to have a few beers and have a day out with friends that going to one or two Argos games a year might be the more fun option.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    From what I have seen, the last week or so has been great promotion-wise. Full credit to the owners for this. But why hasn't there been more like this all along?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobythor View Post
    I agree fully, I got twenty coming to the game, most of these people are coming because they either had a great time coming to a game I brought them to this year or heard how much fun the tailgate and BMO field are. A loud sell out crowd will only help them enjoy themselves and encourage them to come out more. I always ask people I take if they had more fun then an average Jays game and they always answer yes. It's about convincing the casual sports fan, that might go to a couple Jays games a year to have a few beers and have a day out with friends that going to one or two Argos games a year might be the more fun option.
    Agreed. There is absolutely no comparison between a Jays game and an Argo game...Argos are superior in in-game presentation, value for dollar, atmosphere (despite crowd size differences). In fact, taking ticket prices ($175/ticket for a Green) into consideration, Argos have it over the Leafs, as well..certainly for a family on any sort of budget.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    From what I have seen, the last week or so has been great promotion-wise. Full credit to the owners for this. But why hasn't there been more like this all along?
    Budget?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Budget?
    Bell doesn't have the budget? Also, what is the cost of cross promoting the Argos on other Bell properties, such as they have recently (e.g. Wilder on The Social)? Or are the Argos under $ constraints I'm not aware of for promotion?

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Bell doesn't have the budget? Also, what is the cost of cross promoting the Argos on other Bell properties, such as they have recently (e.g. Wilder on The Social)? Or are the Argos under $ constraints I'm not aware of for promotion?
    Did read somewhere before the season that Argo promotional budget had been slashed. I believe it was Bruce Arthur in the Star.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...ay-arthur.html

About 3/4ths the way down.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Don't get me wrong - I'm really glad they are doing it and that the result is BMO is full for this game, sparks an Argo revival, we average 25,000/game next year and this attendance question is behind us!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Did read somewhere before the season that Argo promotional budget had been slashed. I believe it was Bruce Arthur in the Star.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...ay-arthur.html

About 3/4ths the way down.
    Ah, yes - I remember this article...still, bewildering. If last years marketing 'didn't land' how can you expect it to land by cutting the budget? This year's first two games had puny crowds, with virtually no one in the East side, looked bad on TV, etc., why not put players on other Bell properties then, when there were still 6 or 7 home games left? Morning shows, and the like, are always interviewing people promoting events. Anyway, that's all behind the team. They are doing the right thing, vis a vis promotion, now. Hopefully this type of thing continues into next season, regardless of the result on November 19th...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ah, yes - I remember this article...still, bewildering. If last years marketing 'didn't land' how can you expect it to land by cutting the budget? This year's first two games had puny crowds, with virtually no one in the East side, looked bad on TV, etc., why not put players on other Bell properties then, when there were still 6 or 7 home games left? Morning shows, and the like, are always interviewing people promoting events. Anyway, that's all behind the team. They are doing the right thing, vis a vis promotion, now. Hopefully this type of thing continues into next season, regardless of the result on November 19th...
    Last year's budget was well above average due to the new owners, new stadium and the Grey Cup. This year is back to average. Both are significantly more than Braley ever spent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    While I would love to see the team advertising like this all the time, I'm pretty sure that has to do with the teams history, because if you were to actually look into it, no CFL team or team in Toronto for that matter advertises as much as the Argo did last season, at least not for the long haul. Digital media seems to be the way the everyone is going now, along with "picking there spots" in terms of radio and tv ads I suppose. Where I'd like to see a big change in is Toronto's sports media discussing the Argos and the games, it's essentially free advertising, and where the Argos always seem to be lacking, especially in comparison to the LEafs, Blue Jays, and Raptors. TFC talk has picked up a bit IMO, more so on the Fan590.

Word of mouth is better than any advertising IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    With the increase in numbers of people actually working in the office, I suppose the money to hire them had to come from somewhere else. TBH, I have never received as many phone calls from the Argos office as I have this season, especially over the last month. Hopefully, going forward, having more people in sales will be money better spent than strictly on advertising.
    It's us vs the rest of the country