Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    Even if they sell it out, next year we're back to 15000. That's why, long term the crowd is irrelevant. Attending Argos games just isn't a priority in this city. We have a strong fanbase, just not one that feels motivated to come out, for a variety of reasons.
    But it will be nice to experience a packed house for football at BMO. It's an eastern final, I'm really optimistic itll be full, or at least feel full.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I think a sellout could have a bit more spillover effect next year. I have friends buying tickets for the Eastern Final because I got them out to a regular season game this year. A sellout experience can lead them to come to an extra game next year or bring a friend themselves. Baby steps, but any extra bum in the seat makes a difference.
    Both points have some validity. There could be a limited increase in next year's attendance from a sellout or a near sellout that helped build a vibrant atmosphere.
    However, the biggest sports event in the world, the Olympics, with more exposure than any single sport can deliver does not result in large increases in most of its sports' recognition or attendance long-term because in most cases the hype of those sports and their stars during the Olympics does not last. In most cases, six months later people cannot remember the names of the athletes that they were highly impressed by during the Olympics if they did not already closely follow those sport or their names were not repeated on an ongoing basis in the media.
    What works is ongoing regular media attention involving a sense of excitement and expectation of success. I love the increased media effort the Argos have put out for the finals, but unless it is sustained long term, it will at best make only a temporary difference.

Banned
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Time to pack in the franchise if they cant get close to a sellout next weekend. I hope they do. Will be another embarrassment for TSN and the league if they have tons of empty red seats for this game. Lets admit it: how many of us were secretly routing for the NY Red Bulls to eliminate Toronto FC last weekend? i know i was.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruro View Post
    Time to pack in the franchise if they cant get close to a sellout next weekend. I hope they do. Will be another embarrassment for TSN and the league if they have tons of empty red seats for this game. Lets admit it: how many of us were secretly routing for the NY Red Bulls to eliminate Toronto FC last weekend? i know i was.
    No! Good luck to TFC! Let's fill BMO with the Argo fan base next Sunday - bring on the RIDERS! And their fans - it should be a great atmosphere! Then, TFC can have BMO back for their conference final. Two championships this fall would be great!

Banned
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    You cant deny that the popularity of TFC (running at the same time all year with the CFL) has only helped suck the life out of the Argos fan base in this city (similiar to what the BJs started doing in the 80s). In fact notice the three weakest CFL franchises all have MLS teams. Its not a coincidence. I personally believe that TFC is now at its height and the novelty will start to erode, especially if they lose Giovinco and Alterdore in the next couple of years and they return to mediocrity or worse

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruro View Post
    You cant deny that the popularity of TFC (running at the same time all year with the CFL) has only helped suck the life out of the Argos fan base in this city (similiar to what the BJs started doing in the 80s). In fact notice the three weakest CFL franchises all have MLS teams. Its not a coincidence. I personally believe that TFC is now at its height and the novelty will start to erode, especially if they lose Giovinco and Alterdore in the next couple of years and they return to mediocrity or worse
    I will continue to be an Argo fan regardless of their or other teams' popularity.

New Fan
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    No! Good luck to TFC! Let's fill BMO with the Argo fan base next Sunday - bring on the RIDERS! And their fans - it should be a great atmosphere! Then, TFC can have BMO back for their conference final. Two championships this fall would be great!
    I’ll drink to that! This town ain’t too big for two (or more) championship teams.

Let’s put the Grey Cup in the trophy cabinet alongside the MLS cup. It’s about Toronto.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:

Level
    I think BMO has been almost seamless for the two teams. Right now it's clear BMO is home to both, you really can't tell the Argos play there when it's a TFC game, and aside from the lack of painted endzones it does feel like an argos home field during their games.
    As long as the grass holds up, and remains for Seasons to come, I think this whole TFC/Argos fight will die off, it's sure been quieter this year.
    But to get back on topic, I'm much more confident of our chances against the riders. I think it'll be a great atmosphere and a great qb battle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    But to get back on topic, I'm much more confident of our chances against the riders. I think it'll be a great atmosphere and a great qb battle.
    I'm not sure I agree. The Roughriders have played well of late. They have a number of offensive weapons in their receiving corps to spread the ball around to and Marcus Thigpen appears to have given them a running game. Defence looked really good today. However, our defence is much stronger than Ottawa's and should be able to pressure Kevin Glenn like Ottawa was not able to. I think it is going to be a great game. Argos will prevail!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think BMO has been almost seamless for the two teams. Right now it's clear BMO is home to both, you really can't tell the Argos play there when it's a TFC game, and aside from the lack of painted endzones it does feel like an argos home field during their games.
    As long as the grass holds up, and remains for Seasons to come, I think this whole TFC/Argos fight will die off, it's sure been quieter this year.
    Pretty sure that TFC fans still brought their No Argos @ BMO banners to games this season.

New Fan
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Pretty sure that TFC fans still brought their No Argos @ BMO banners to games this season.
    Some did, yes. It would be untruthful to deny it, however those voices are getting quieter and fewer over time.

It’s unfair to taint a whole fanbase due to the actions and voices of a few who just seem incapable of getting over the whole thing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. The Roughriders have played well of late. They have a number of offensive weapons in their receiving corps to spread the ball around to and Marcus Thigpen appears to have given them a running game. Defence looked really good today. However, our defence is much stronger than Ottawa's and should be able to pressure Kevin Glenn like Ottawa was not able to. I think it is going to be a great game. Argos will prevail!!
    I would have rather played Ottawa. The Riders make me nervous especially how they have used Glenn and Bridge this season. That is one cocky team. This should be one heck of a game.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    I would have rather played Ottawa. The Riders make me nervous especially how they have used Glenn and Bridge this season. That is one cocky team. This should be one heck of a game.
    They're a good representation of their fans then.
    :-)

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    That is only a very small faction of TFC support - namely the Inebbriatti. They are the most hardcore TFC supporters group and are well-known to be jerks, even by other TFC supporters groups. They make up a very small quantity of the overall fanbase. And I believe they have been prohibited from bringing that banner.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:

Level
    Now that said, if the weather comes up bad and the field is torn to shreds before TFC'S home semifinal, the debate will be back on. And if they ever revert to an artificial surface it'll be worse.
    But aside from a very small element of tfc supporters, the argos have become a non issue,
    Far too much energy has been wasted on this topic.
    We're one win from the big game, and I think we've been the most deserving team in the east this year. Never been a fan of the cross over, hoping for a true east/west grey cup

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    That is only a very small faction of TFC support - namely the Inebbriatti. They are the most hardcore TFC supporters group and are well-known to be jerks, even by other TFC supporters groups. They make up a very small quantity of the overall fanbase. And I believe they have been prohibited from bringing that banner.
    The banners were still there at games this season.

Look at the second reply to this Tweet:

@TorontoArgos: The stage is set 😬 the first-ever home playoff game at #BMOField is this Sunday!

🎟 » https://t.co/7944E3xtos… https://t.co/RHROhLbg55

https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/sta...33906187591680

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

@TorontoArgos: The stage is set 😬 the first-ever home playoff game at #BMOField is this Sunday!

🎟 » https://t.co/7944E3xtos… https://t.co/RHROhLbg55

First link doesn't work. The others do. The argos haters will never go away. We fans and the team just have to keep proving them wrong. Winning will do that.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level

@TorontoArgos: The stage is set  the first-ever home playoff game at #BMOField is this Sunday!

 » https://t.co/7944E3xtos… https://t.co/RHROhLbg55

What a jerk... oh well since 1873 and we played on the BMO sight since 1950's. Get over it we all have to share and get along.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Now that said, if the weather comes up bad and the field is torn to shreds before TFC'S home semifinal, the debate will be back on. And if they ever revert to an artificial surface it'll be worse.
    But aside from a very small element of tfc supporters, the argos have become a non issue,
    Far too much energy has been wasted on this topic.
    We're one win from the big game, and I think we've been the most deserving team in the east this year. Never been a fan of the cross over, hoping for a true east/west grey cup
    I am a big fan of, and prefer, the natural surface, but if BMO did revert to artificial, why would it be such an issue? Six of the 22 current MLS teams play on artificial surfaces (Also, NYFC plays at Yankee Stadium, with a poorly covered baseball infield as part of the 'pitch' - hardly ideal). That's almost a third of the leagues teams, so the league itself clearly has no issue with it. There are teams in Scotland that play on the fake stuff. Today's artificial turf is not like yesterday's indoor/outdoor stuff and if it enabled BMO to host Argos, TFC and even, one day, the Wolfpack, with a consistent, quality field, isn't that better?

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well for my (our) sanity, I sure hope people realize that this is a must attend and we greatly outnumber the amount of watermelons. If not, I won't hear the end of it from "Canada's team".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Well for my (our) sanity, I sure hope people realize that this is a must attend and we greatly outnumber the amount of watermelons. If not, I won't hear the end of it from "Canada's team".
    Canada's team? Isn't that's the Raptors and the Blue Jays?
    :-)