Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Nicely said. We can worry about next year next week!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    So, after a lot of thinking and reflection during this season, I have to admit that I was wrong about Ray.

While I still feel that Ray's injury history was, and still is a legitimate concern, and that losing Harris and Collaros was and could still end up being a problem as Ray can't play forever. And who knows what Fajardo, Bethel Thompson, and Prukop can end up being, but Ricky has been nothing but pure class and a leader for this organization. The class he has shown is a very important piece to all this IMO, Ray's acknowledgement that he's had injury issues, which then directly affected the team, along with his excepting of a performance based deal, just goes to show the type of person Ray is, IMO that just as important as what he does on the field, and he deserved better than some of what I had been saying for quite some time.

While I still have very big concerns about the future, win or lose Ray is the type of guy we need around this team, whether as a starter, back-up, locker guy, etc. Now let's go beat the Stamps!
    Very cool to see you post this. This season specifically should have taught us all, this is a league where you have to play for the now, and not the future. Funny thing is that both Collaros and Harris may be available for the Argos should Ray decide to call it a great career. Either would be a very smooth transition, as both have pretty much excelled in the current system the Argos run.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I just finished rewatching the game recording on TSN. It's remarkable that the 3rd and 5 pass was in the air for no more than 2 seconds. Watching it live it felt like it was hanging up there forever. It seemed like the ball was wobbling but the replay showed it was barely perceptible. The other interesting thing was that Carter was the deep player behind Winston. Makes me wonder if a more experienced DB might have arrived sooner to help. All in all, one of the most memorable plays I've ever witnessed at a live sporting event. Way more impressive in person than on TV. Up close, I could see how hard Winston was squeezing that ball when he caught it. No one was going to rip that one out. Not many running backs make that play. On to Ottawa now.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    when do we start a Calgary TO thread?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Yeah, I was slow on this one. Going up right now!