Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...final-victory/ Great article sums up what we are getting at.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Riders lost when they started Glenn
    bridge starts we lose. That's classic football politics of having to stick with the veteran qb.
    Wasn't any horrid officiating (and Im the first to call out a cfl conspiracy).
    We need edmonton. We don't look good enough to beat the stamps,

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The attendance was 24,929, a great improvement over the regular season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well, Thigpen was held in check, Duron (NFL better be watching me) Carter and most of the Rider offence was just no match for a staunch Argo Defence. Ray came through when he had to. Refs called a good game.

Toronto Conspiracy Theories are getting predictable.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    very happy we won today.

Boatman
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Best part might have been the loud Argoooos chant in the go station waiting for the train.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Nice win; and not meaning to be negative, but that was not Championship calibre football, with wayyy too many mistakes; fumble by Coombs; fumble by Edwards on a punt return (got away with it though); missed make-able FG; dropped pass by Posey on what should have been a big gainer; allowing a punt return TD to let the Riders take the lead; and the offence was too wimpy - with not enough guts to throw the ball well down field (and the times they did were the big plays on offence - TD to Posey; and throws to Wilder & Edwards on that TD winning drive; the check-down $hite resulted in receivers getting creamed or 2 and outs or an INT to Jefferson (that's twice now by Ray lately to a DE (Okpo)).

However - very strong effort by the D for the most part - and the old saying is defence wins Championships. Lots of pressure on Glenn, resulting in sacks & picks. Special thanks to ego-Jones for starting good ole mediocre Kevin Glenn and leaving him in to throw 3 picks; Bridge starts this game and I bet the Riders could have won.

18-3 at the half and I thought the Argos could have easily put up 10 more points at least while continuing to shut-down the Rider offence = which could have led to my predicted 3 TD margin of victory. Pi$$ me-off )

Less mistakes and the GC is there for the taking IMO - against either the Stumps or Esks - both good teams; in what should be a close GC game; this East Final should just not have been that close; See ya cry-baby Rider fans. ;o)

ARRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOs !!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Nice win; and not meaning to be negative, but that was not Championship calibre football, with wayyy too many mistakes; fumble by Coombs; fumble by Edwards on a punt return (got away with it though); missed make-able FG; dropped pass by Posey on what should have been a big gainer; allowing a punt return TD to let the Riders take the lead; and the offence was too wimpy - with not enough guts to throw the ball well down field (and the times they did were the big plays on offence - TD to Posey; and throws to Wilder & Edwards on that TD winning drive; the check-down $hite resulted in receivers getting creamed or 2 and outs or an INT to Jefferson (that's twice now by Ray lately to a DE (Okpo)).

However - very strong effort by the D for the most part - and the old saying is defence wins Championships. Lots of pressure on Glenn, resulting in sacks & picks. Special thanks to ego-Jones for starting good ole mediocre Kevin Glenn and leaving him in to throw 3 picks; Bridge starts this game and I bet the Riders could have won.

18-3 at the half and I thought the Argos could have easily put up 10 more points at least while continuing to shut-down the Rider offence = which could have led to my predicted 3 TD margin of victory. Pi$$ me-off )

Less mistakes and the GC is there for the taking IMO - against either the Stumps or Esks - both good teams; in what should be a close GC game; this East Final should just not have been that close; See ya cry-baby Rider fans. ;o)

ARRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOs !!!!
    I agree the Argos did not play a great game overall other than the D, but the fans were boisterously in the game throughout and even helped cause a few Rider call mixups. The suspenseful comeback and win, when combined with good promotion heading into next year, hopefully will increase fan attendance significantly next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well, Thigpen was held in check, Duron (NFL better be watching me) Carter and most of the Rider offence was just no match for a staunch Argo Defence. Ray came through when he had to. Refs called a good game.

Toronto Conspiracy Theories are getting predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Best part might have been the loud Argoooos chant in the go station waiting for the train.
    Awesome game. Mistakes will happen, (our fumbles and dropped passes etc.) but give credit to Riders for shutting down our running backs for most of the game and for never giving up. Huge props to the defence for coming through big time. I agree that the punt return for a TD was actually a blessing because it gave us the chance to take it down and win..... and we did. That is what championship calibre teams do. They battle through adversity and come through when it is absolutely critical. So proud of this team. Can't wait to see them in the Grey Cup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With almost 25,000 in attendance cheering rabidly for the Argos and a dramatic winning finish, this could be a great opportunity to build the fan base for next year if sales and marketing can keep some focus on the Argos in the tough media market during the off-season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Just booked my hotel and tickets off of StubHub!!!!!! See you all there!!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was super confident that the Argos had this one at the half but will admit once Bridge starting releasing the ball quickly and going for runs, I started having a deju-vu of how it ended last time. Thank god, the defence was held in check and Ray came in clutch with 2 minutes left.

Looked like Ball and Woods weren't on the field together much.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Where there any injuries to be concerned about? I did not notice anything significant.

Also what happened when Chad Owens was hurt and did not have to come off the field and they scored the TD???? What the heck happened there? Argo bench did not even protest or get upset.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post

Also what happened when Chad Owens was hurt and did not have to come off the field and they scored the TD???? What the heck happened there? Argo bench did not even protest or get upset.
    Trestman doesn't roll like that. No time for complaining or making excuses.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Where there any injuries to be concerned about? I did not notice anything significant.

Rider trainers didn't come to check on him as far as I could tell. I think it was commercial break, Owens was just lying down for a breather, and it was a premature P.A. announcement.

I suffered a minor injury, but I don't think any Argo player had anything beyond bumps and bruises.

People watching on TV don't realize how much the wind and wind gusts were playing havoc with both offences. Plus the Argos went into the wind in the long 2nd and 4th quarters. A few extra checkdowns and not abandoning the run despite limited production probably helped us in the end. If there were some extra clock stoppages, the Riders would have had more time left following the Fajardo TD.

In the end, cool-as-ice Ricky Ray overcame the trends of the first 57 minutes and produced the winning drive in crunch time. That's what great players do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Rider fans seemed sure that they would roll into town and steamroll the meek little Eastern opponent, guess that didn’t work out?
    Fitting that Riders obnoxious asshole (Duron Carter) ended his teams chances with his ill advised forward lateral attempt to “sure handed” Bakari Grant........priceless!
    Wonder if he is taking Rider nation out to the movies tonight?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Great comeback

Man - very cold in the second half - both due to wind chill and our offence. Thankfully, Ricky was calm in the 2 minute drive to move us down field. Was glad we were stopped inside 2 yard line and use 2 runs t9 run more time off the clock.

I too was nervous that we forced Glenn out of the game - initially (3rd quarter) we held Bridge under control.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    Man - very cold in the second half - both due to wind chill and our offence. Thankfully, Ricky was calm in the 2 minute drive to move us down field. Was glad we were stopped inside 2 yard line and use 2 runs t9 run more time off the clock.

I too was nervous that we forced Glenn out of the game - initially (3rd quarter) we held Bridge under control.
    [IIRC, from the highlight reel...] That last drive, 3rd down, pass that Ray just dropped in to Wilder was one of the nicest throws that I've seen in many years of watching football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Humility and class at it’s finest!

https://www.argonauts.ca/2017/11/19/trestman_nov-19/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Congrats Argos and more importantly Argofans.com. Been on this board for 6 years and am always in awe of the passion and knowledge of the membership here. Ive been through some personal turmoil the last few years and dont visit and post as much these days but its been very cool catching up with this board the last week and look forward to more this week leading up to the big game. You guys rule! best damn fans in sports period.

cheers
    Lee