Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't know if this means anything but when I look at the ticket master seat map there are only 3000 seats available.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Only 7k to go in 4 days. We can do it!

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I don't know if this means anything but when I look at the ticket master seat map there are only 3000 seats available.
    Does Ticket Master actually list the remainder or did you guesstimate? My semi-scientific estimate this morning was 5,000 remaining.

But I also don't know if Ticket Master doesn't show all available in order to give an impression of scarcity.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    Does Ticket Master actually list the remainder or did you guesstimate? My semi-scientific estimate this morning was 5,000 remaining.

But I also don't know if Ticket Master doesn't show all available in order to give an impression of scarcity.
    I counted all the bloody dots. I hope the sales are coming from Argo fans. That 2013 EF with half a stadium of Ticat fans was an embarrassment.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I counted all the bloody dots. I hope the sales are coming from Argo fans. That 2013 EF with half a stadium of Ticat fans was an embarrassment.
    The article says that the overwhelming majority of ticket sales have been to Argonauts fans in the GTA.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The article says that the overwhelming majority of ticket sales have been to Argonauts fans in the GTA.
    I'm thrilled that the tickets are being sold in good numbers, but no one knows who the people are cheering for, only where they live ---- How can they possibly know if the people buying are Argos fans, all they can know is that they are living in the GTA (I wouldn't guess that a horde of Sask fans are traveling from Sask to Toronto for a game, they are the locals who are transplants from that province) -- I personally know a ton of friends from Saskatchewan who live in the GTA who will clearly be supporting their team, as almost any transplant from that province would do --- I joked and asked one of my buddies if he was going on Sunday, and believe me he does not go to Argos games otherwise, and he said "of course" almost immediately --- he joked it was his provincial duty to go and support the Riders and many of his Sask friends feel the same.....I'm happy the tickets are sold but if you think there won't be a ton of Green in that stadium, I think you're in for a big surprise.....

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    I'm thrilled that the tickets are being sold in good numbers, but no one knows who the people are cheering for, only where they live ---- How can they possibly know if the people buying are Argos fans, all they can know is that they are living in the GTA (I wouldn't guess that a horde of Sask fans are traveling from Sask to Toronto for a game, they are the locals who are transplants from that province) -- I personally know a ton of friends from Saskatchewan who live in the GTA who will clearly be supporting their team, as almost any transplant from that province would do --- I joked and asked one of my buddies if he was going on Sunday, and believe me he does not go to Argos games otherwise, and he said "of course" almost immediately --- he joked it was his provincial duty to go and support the Riders and many of his Sask friends feel the same.....I'm happy the tickets are sold but if you think there won't be a ton of Green in that stadium, I think you're in for a big surprise.....
    TSN said they were guaranteed the biggest crowd of the year (at least 17k or so) BEFORE the East semi was finished. Unless a bunch of Rider fans took a chance and bought tickets before they knew they would be in the game, that would be mostly Argo fans buying those tickets. Certainly Saskatchewan will have a strong fan presence, they always do, but I don't think it will be as bad as the 2013 game against Hamilton. Probably 65% to 35% I would say. I would be happy with that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeslet'sgo View Post
    TSN said they were guaranteed the biggest crowd of the year (at least 17k or so) BEFORE the East semi was finished. Unless a bunch of Rider fans took a chance and bought tickets before they knew they would be in the game, that would be mostly Argo fans buying those tickets. Certainly Saskatchewan will have a strong fan presence, they always do, but I don't think it will be as bad as the 2013 game against Hamilton. Probably 65% to 35% I would say. I would be happy with that.
    They have sold 20000 tickets. 17000 likely Toronto fans. Even if the remaining 3000 was Rider fans, that's 15%. Still great support, but I don't see over 30% of the stadium cheering for Sask. At 25000, that's almost 8000, highly doubtful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    They have lists of former ticket buyers and former season ticket holders. Many of my friends who are Argonauts fans have been called by the Argonauts ticket department asking them if they want to by tickets to the game.

This years game against Saskatchewan @ BMO Field wasn't even top 3 in attendance for Argonauts home games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    They have lists of former ticket buyers and former season ticket holders. Many of my friends who are Argonauts fans have been called by the Argonauts ticket department asking them if they want to by tickets to the game.

This years game against Saskatchewan @ BMO Field wasn't even top 3 in attendance for Argonauts home games.
    @TSNDaveNaylor: Apparently, biggest crowd of the year for @TorontoArgos at BMO was guaranteed BEFORE @sskroughriders won on Sunday.… https://t.co/ndG4eslUFX

https://twitter.com/TSNDaveNaylor/st...33305189974016

Banned
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    I suspect this will be a Riders home game.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruro View Post
    17k sold before Saskatchewan was even in the game, according to TSN. Leaving only 8k available at the conclusion of the East semi. I don't think very many people buy tickets to a sports game without knowing if their team is even in it (save for the Cup game) so I'm sticking with my original prediction of 5k of those people there. Still an impressive number though

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I suspect you will be wrong.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Stoney Creek, huh? I smell a troll.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    There will be a few hundred Riders fans - maybe 1k at the most. But the mythology coming out of Saskatchewan will be that 15k are Riders fans.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I started following in 2013 and that game is actually the highlight of my limited experience. 35k, complete with a couple of fisticuffs in the cheap seats. I had a blast, aside from the loss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    I started following in 2013 and that game is actually the highlight of my limited experience. 35k, complete with a couple of fisticuffs in the cheap seats. I had a blast, aside from the loss.
    The game was a good one other than the final score but the frustrating thing was the Argos were coming off the 100th GC win in front of a packed house that was really into the Game, the Argos finish first in the east with a good record and there was zero buzz in the city for the game from all of the media and Hamilton fans bought up at least half the tickets and were much more vocal than the Argo fans. The team did not have home field advantage from a crowd perspective. It just really soured me on the city and media not supporting the team when it really mattered.
    GO ARGOS!!!