Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
I'm thrilled that the tickets are being sold in good numbers, but no one knows who the people are cheering for, only where they live ---- How can they possibly know if the people buying are Argos fans, all they can know is that they are living in the GTA (I wouldn't guess that a horde of Sask fans are traveling from Sask to Toronto for a game, they are the locals who are transplants from that province) -- I personally know a ton of friends from Saskatchewan who live in the GTA who will clearly be supporting their team, as almost any transplant from that province would do --- I joked and asked one of my buddies if he was going on Sunday, and believe me he does not go to Argos games otherwise, and he said "of course" almost immediately --- he joked it was his provincial duty to go and support the Riders and many of his Sask friends feel the same.....I'm happy the tickets are sold but if you think there won't be a ton of Green in that stadium, I think you're in for a big surprise.....
TSN said they were guaranteed the biggest crowd of the year (at least 17k or so) BEFORE the East semi was finished. Unless a bunch of Rider fans took a chance and bought tickets before they knew they would be in the game, that would be mostly Argo fans buying those tickets. Certainly Saskatchewan will have a strong fan presence, they always do, but I don't think it will be as bad as the 2013 game against Hamilton. Probably 65% to 35% I would say. I would be happy with that.