Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    I'm thrilled that the tickets are being sold in good numbers, but no one knows who the people are cheering for, only where they live ---- How can they possibly know if the people buying are Argos fans, all they can know is that they are living in the GTA (I wouldn't guess that a horde of Sask fans are traveling from Sask to Toronto for a game, they are the locals who are transplants from that province) -- I personally know a ton of friends from Saskatchewan who live in the GTA who will clearly be supporting their team, as almost any transplant from that province would do --- I joked and asked one of my buddies if he was going on Sunday, and believe me he does not go to Argos games otherwise, and he said "of course" almost immediately --- he joked it was his provincial duty to go and support the Riders and many of his Sask friends feel the same.....I'm happy the tickets are sold but if you think there won't be a ton of Green in that stadium, I think you're in for a big surprise.....
    TSN said they were guaranteed the biggest crowd of the year (at least 17k or so) BEFORE the East semi was finished. Unless a bunch of Rider fans took a chance and bought tickets before they knew they would be in the game, that would be mostly Argo fans buying those tickets. Certainly Saskatchewan will have a strong fan presence, they always do, but I don't think it will be as bad as the 2013 game against Hamilton. Probably 65% to 35% I would say. I would be happy with that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeslet'sgo View Post
    TSN said they were guaranteed the biggest crowd of the year (at least 17k or so) BEFORE the East semi was finished. Unless a bunch of Rider fans took a chance and bought tickets before they knew they would be in the game, that would be mostly Argo fans buying those tickets. Certainly Saskatchewan will have a strong fan presence, they always do, but I don't think it will be as bad as the 2013 game against Hamilton. Probably 65% to 35% I would say. I would be happy with that.
    They have sold 20000 tickets. 17000 likely Toronto fans. Even if the remaining 3000 was Rider fans, that's 15%. Still great support, but I don't see over 30% of the stadium cheering for Sask. At 25000, that's almost 8000, highly doubtful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    I'm thrilled that the tickets are being sold in good numbers, but no one knows who the people are cheering for, only where they live ---- How can they possibly know if the people buying are Argos fans, all they can know is that they are living in the GTA (I wouldn't guess that a horde of Sask fans are traveling from Sask to Toronto for a game, they are the locals who are transplants from that province) -- I personally know a ton of friends from Saskatchewan who live in the GTA who will clearly be supporting their team, as almost any transplant from that province would do --- I joked and asked one of my buddies if he was going on Sunday, and believe me he does not go to Argos games otherwise, and he said "of course" almost immediately --- he joked it was his provincial duty to go and support the Riders and many of his Sask friends feel the same.....I'm happy the tickets are sold but if you think there won't be a ton of Green in that stadium, I think you're in for a big surprise.....
    They have lists of former ticket buyers and former season ticket holders. Many of my friends who are Argonauts fans have been called by the Argonauts ticket department asking them if they want to by tickets to the game.

This years game against Saskatchewan @ BMO Field wasn't even top 3 in attendance for Argonauts home games.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I hope you are all correct and its a sea of loud and proud double blue fans in the building that afternoon....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    They have lists of former ticket buyers and former season ticket holders. Many of my friends who are Argonauts fans have been called by the Argonauts ticket department asking them if they want to by tickets to the game.

This years game against Saskatchewan @ BMO Field wasn't even top 3 in attendance for Argonauts home games.
    @TSNDaveNaylor: Apparently, biggest crowd of the year for @TorontoArgos at BMO was guaranteed BEFORE @sskroughriders won on Sunday.… https://t.co/ndG4eslUFX

https://twitter.com/TSNDaveNaylor/st...33305189974016

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Michael Copeland comments on attendance:

Michael Copeland, the team’s president and chief executive, told me (Scott Stinson) he thought a crowd size around the 24,000-plus that came to the first-ever BMO game last year was a possibility.
    http://nationalpost.com/sports/footb...buying-tickets

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    They have sold 20000 tickets. 17000 likely Toronto fans. Even if the remaining 3000 was Rider fans, that's 15%. Still great support, but I don't see over 30% of the stadium cheering for Sask. At 25000, that's almost 8000, highly doubtful.
    I agree. Some Sask fans are mouthing off on Twitter about taking over half the stadium. Won't be anywhere close to that.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    TBO, still a bit concerned about upper levels on west side. Most sections there showing 100+ tickets available, and that hasn't really changed all week. There are some prime seats, albeit at higher price points, that just aren't moving. It's a shame.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Blue Dot Update; By my count this morning less than 2,700 seats left available. That would put attendance at just under 24,000 if accurate as of this morning. If they can sell 1,000 today and 1,000 tomorrow and get a 1,000 walk up day of demand a sellout is possible.

Come on Toronto. Let's Go....
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    TBO, still a bit concerned about upper levels on west side. Most sections there showing 100+ tickets available, and that hasn't really changed all week. There are some prime seats, albeit at higher price points, that just aren't moving. It's a shame.
    I agree. Until this team is relevant again in the marketplace, no ticket should be over $100 taxes and fees included. That's why the best seats in the house are empty seats.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Those seats will be the absolute last to go if the game sells out, why would anyone buy those seats when the same ones on the east side are $27? The East lower deck at the 55 is $107 which is the same as the west upper deck. Those upper west seats should be $50 at the absolute most, they're charging the same for those seats as a Leaf game. IMO anyone who buys upper west seats at this point in time is a fool. On a side note, looks like there are a lot more seats available behind the visiting bench than behind the home bench which is a good sign. I heard the whole population of Saskatchewan was supposed to swoop in and buy up the whole stadium...(sarcasm of course)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Those seats will be the absolute last to go if the game sells out, why would anyone buy those seats when the same ones on the east side are $27? The East lower deck at the 55 is $107 which is the same as the west upper deck. Those upper west seats should be $50 at the absolute most, they're charging the same for those seats as a Leaf game. IMO anyone who buys upper west seats at this point in time is a fool. On a side note, looks like there are a lot more seats available behind the visiting bench than behind the home bench which is a good sign. I heard the whole population of Saskatchewan was supposed to swoop in and buy up the whole stadium...(sarcasm of course)
    Not that it really matters, but it's only the two centre sections - 223 and 224 that have those high priced seats. because they are right at mid field, and as anyone will tell you are much preferable to seats on the east side which face the sun (especially in the summer). The other sections are lower priced. But you have a point, that if they can't sell those out for a divisional playoff game, that should tell management to drop the price a bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Not that it really matters, but it's only the two centre sections - 223 and 224 that have those high priced seats. because they are right at mid field, and as anyone will tell you are much preferable to seats on the east side which face the sun (especially in the summer). The other sections are lower priced. But you have a point, that if they can't sell those out for a divisional playoff game, that should tell management to drop the price a bit.
    There are alot of $107 tickets on the east side as well. That is just too much. Common sense dictates that when there is demand for your team, the best seats sell out first. In the Argos case it is the opposite. Management have not created a demand or value proposition. IMO they should have much lower price points across the stadium in an effort fill the place night in and night out. From there you entertain the hell out of them; hopefully with good onfield team and more importantly all the accoutrements to a first class good time on the game day experience inside and outside the stadium. Do this consistently for 2-3 years game in and game out and rejuvenate your brand as the best sports experience to have in Toronto. When the stadium is half empty there is no atmosphere - yes, its still better than skydome but staring at an empty side of seats does not instill a great atmosphere for most people. This weekend you will notice the atmosphere is off the charts when the place is full. Once you have created the demand proposition and people want to be there every game, you can begin raising prices (being sure to keep it as the best value ticket in town). That is the slow build that needs to be happening. By starting with high prices for a product that people are apathetic about you are fighting an uphill, losing battle. Sure we get this one game, but with no regular media attention our team will be out of sight and out of mind until the next playoff game comes around.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Only 3k left. Unofficial source via Mike Hogan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Blue Dot Update; By my count this morning less than 2,700 seats left available. That would put attendance at just under 24,000 if accurate as of this morning. If they can sell 1,000 today and 1,000 tomorrow and get a 1,000 walk up day of demand a sellout is possible.

Come on Toronto. Let's Go....
    Walk up crowds are a thing of the past for any team. Be luckily to sell 100 tickets from the window gameday. Doesn't matter, over 20000 in that stadium is going to be and feel fantastic.

I bought a pair in 225, row 1 for $80 each. Decent price for a playoff. These seats provide an elevated view that is still lower in height than the upper East side and are probably the best football viewing seats. Hardly a fool.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 11-17-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Doesn't matter, over 20000 in that stadium is going to be and feel fantastic.
    I'm just hoping the vast majority of those in attendance are Argo fans - I'd rather not see a repeat of the 2013 East Final.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Environment Canada has issued a Special Weather Statement for Toronto. Heavy rain for Saturday. With colder temperature expected for Sunday, it could present some interesting field conditions for the game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    From the looks of things this'll be the first game where the east side, second deck problem is largely solved. The ticket team deserves credit for that; there's a lot of seats to fill up there. It appears to have created some laggerdness on the upper west side given a too wide price disparity.

I hope the appropriate lessons are drawn and we see a flattening and simplification of the seat map. Are the views at BMO so different that some seats are worth $20 and others worth $120? I don't think so.

I'll admit I've got the cheapest season's tickets. I would pay a bit more if the top tier paid less and we all had larger and more rational sections to move around in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree. Some Sask fans are mouthing off on Twitter about taking over half the stadium. Won't be anywhere close to that.
    Legends in their own minds.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Environment Canada has issued a Special Weather Statement for Toronto. Heavy rain for Saturday. With colder temperature expected for Sunday, it could present some interesting field conditions for the game.
    BMO Field have laid down a tarp today to protect the field from the 20-30 mm of rain expected Saturday. Field conditions Sunday will be excellent. The wind out of tbe northwest at 31 km/h with gusts of 50 km/h will be something to game plan around.
    GO ARGOS!!!