Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Not to belabour the point, they may have called yesterday a "launch" but the site certainly was up long before yesterday. I don't recall when I went there but it may have been after the Halifax Town Hall.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    35 years ago! too bad it didn't get off the ground back then, it going to be impossible to get a franchise now. I think we have discussed the "no stadium funding" to death. No funding for a stadium, no franchise. It doesn't look good when you also see the Esks, the team with the best attendance in the CFL, only making $400k profit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutie View Post
    It doesn't look good when you also see the Esks, the team with the best attendance in the CFL, only making $400k profit.
    I honestly think that is a little creative accounting. The esks spent a lot of money on renovations to the facilities not that long ago. My guess is that they are taking an annual amount of that pay down and adding it to their bottom line, thus reducing the overall annual profit.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I honestly think that is a little creative accounting. The esks spent a lot of money on renovations to the facilities not that long ago. My guess is that they are taking an annual amount of that pay down and adding it to their bottom line, thus reducing the overall annual profit.
    Nor does it included any of the profits the Esks make on investments.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Nor does it included any of the profits the Esks make on investments.
    Nor does it include the source of the original quote being an MLS troll.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    It doesn't look good when you also see the Esks, the team with the best attendance in the CFL, only making $400k profit.
    Getting off topic, but the FUD has to be dispelled and put into context, after all they are a community owned organization. Funny, a team hurting so badly could give $840k to minor football.

Eskimos 2017 Report to Shareholders

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Strange you didn't post this...

Bombers Post Operating Profit of $5.1 million in 2017

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I think we have discussed the "no stadium funding" to death. No funding for a stadium, no franchise.
    We are six months into an eight year process, (the average length of time to go from public release of a stadium proposal to stadium completion) in Canada. So you have many more years of googling any negative information you can find and watching gawdawful MLS games (with the 20 other people across Canada) before this story has a meaningful ending.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    We are six months into an eight year process, (the average length of time to go from public release of a stadium proposal to stadium completion) in Canada. So you have many more years of googling any negative information you can find and watching gawdawful MLS games (with the 20 other people across Canada) before this story has a meaningful ending.
    I'm trying to figure out why you keep bringing up the MLS and TFC? I don't get it. Yes gawdawful MLS games blah blah I agree. Now can you just stick to the topics and try to debate?

But getting back to the Halifax situation, the provincial government has already stated that they will not fund a CFL stadium in Halifax.
    The HRC and the provincial government just opened a $500 MILLION Convention Centre and are not going to spend another $200 Million or so on a new stadium.
    If you look at the plans for Shannon Park there is no place for a stadium, the old military site is planned for housing and parks.
    You say there is a public release of a stadium proposal?? where? I don't see any stadium proposal in Halifax, I am trying to be realistic not just posting negative stuff. The chances of a pubically funded stadium and a CFL team is zero

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    the provincial government has already stated that they will not fund a CFL stadium in Halifax.

You say there is a public release of a stadium proposal?? where? I don't see any stadium proposal in Halifax,

I am trying to be realistic not just posting negative stuff. The chances of a pubically funded stadium and a CFL team is zero
    Where has the provincial government stated they would not put funding towards a stadium? They said they wouldn't use certain funds that were allocated to the province, that's a different thing altogether.

Ok, let's play the semantics game then if you misunderstood or I didn't spell it out. Let's just say the proposal for looking at building a stadium with definite plans and funding models not yet specified.

As for the game you're playing at this site and with the other posters, as LBJ would say "Don't shit me cuz I know better" Seen it before, you guys give yourselves away.

And this is laughable "I am trying to be realistic not just posting negative stuff. The chances of a pubically funded stadium and a CFL team is zero" That's not negative stuff?

Lots of people here post contrary opinions and doubt this project, that's fine, but you're not being honest about your motives and I don't respect that.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Where has the provincial government stated they would not put funding towards a stadium? They said they wouldn't use certain funds that were allocated to the province, that's a different thing altogether.

Ok, let's play the semantics game then if you misunderstood or I didn't spell it out. Let's just say the proposal for looking at building a stadium with definite plans and funding models not yet specified.

As for the game you're playing at this site and with the other posters, as LBJ would say "Don't shit me cuz I know better" Seen it before, you guys give yourselves away.

And this is laughable "I am trying to be realistic not just posting negative stuff. The chances of a pubically funded stadium and a CFL team is zero" That's not negative stuff?

Lots of people here post contrary opinions and doubt this project, that's fine, but you're not being honest about your motives and I don't respect that.
    Not being honest about my motives?? you can call me negative and I don't know what you think my motive is, but Halifax will NOT get a publically funded stadium and a CFL team.
    The provincial government will not be giving any money towards a stadium. If you have been following what is going on in Halifax they just spent $500 MILLION Convention Centre that has cost over runs and empty retail space.
    Much higher priorities include the need to twin the highway to Cape Breton to the ferry terminal and the need to have a water treatment plant instead of dumping sewage directly into the harbor.
    Zero chance of funding a CFL stadium, if you say that is just being negative and not realistic so be it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Not being honest about my motives?? you can call me negative and I don't know what you think my motive is, but Halifax will NOT get a publically funded stadium and a CFL team.
    The provincial government will not be giving any money towards a stadium. If you have been following what is going on in Halifax they just spent $500 MILLION Convention Centre that has cost over runs and empty retail space.
    Much higher priorities include the need to twin the highway to Cape Breton to the ferry terminal and the need to have a water treatment plant instead of dumping sewage directly into the harbor.
    Zero chance of funding a CFL stadium, if you say that is just being negative and not realistic so be it.
    No, I say you are just another in the long line of soccer trolls who wants to see the CFL dead. You google a few articles to try and look knowledgeable and plant your FUD. It makes me sick that CFL fans put up with it and if a CFL fan goes to one of your soccer websites they are banned. But I'd still prefer the CFL fan's approach to your insecurity. I'm just gonna call you out every time.

Nobody, nobody shits on something they enjoy on a constant daily basis, just doesn't happen. If you were a fan you'd want to see a stadium deal instead of making up lame stuff to try and turn people. You don't live here, you don't know what the prospective owners have in mind, you know jack.

I see you've taken your trolling roadshow to 3DN now. As I said above, you're planting more BS that they have put sewage in the harbour, they haven't done it in ten years.

So do what you guys always do, disappear until the heat goes down or play the nice guy for a while until you think you've sucked everybody in again. Sorry pal, I don't forget, when you wanna kill the game I love.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Prospective Halifax ownership group meets with selected governors
    TSN.ca Staff May 18, 2018

The prospective ownership group of a potential CFL team in Halifax met with selected governors around the league on Thursday, according to a report from TSN's Farhan Lalji.

The meeting was an opportunity for current owners to provide feedback on the Halifax ownership group's business plan, according to Lalji, and there is cautious optimism as the process moves forward. Lalji added that a stadium deal is still the key for the prospective Halifax owners.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

I think this is a good more, and shows the potential Owners are serious about it being a regional team.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I think this is a good more, and shows the potential Owners are serious about it being a regional team.
    He talked about this in the Tim and Sid interview I believe. No real news on T&S, just reinforcing the tweet and post above.

The owners have stated many times about being a regional team but people keep talking about a Halifax or Nova Scotia name. The commish was talking about Moncton being involved to the point of maybe hosting the team until a stadium was built IIRC. He may also have hinted at things like preseason and TC being held in Moncton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level

That's a great idea.
    I was there a few years ago at the 1st TD Atlantic game involving my Argos.
    The place was sold out and their was a buzz in the air.
    Not to mention how Moncton was in the running for a team.
    This would also no doubt have a decent base of fans for the future who no doubt would attend in Halifax to watch.
    A regional team for sure in Atlantic Canada.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Maritime Football Ltd to provide update to Halifax city council
    Dave Naylor TSN June 19 2018

The group hoping to establish the CFL’s 10th franchise in Atlantic Canada is expected to provide details to Halifax city council today on where it stands in that process, including some important agreements recently established with the league.

Maritime Football Ltd and the CFL recently agreed to a three-step process with the league for securing a team, with the details and conditions of the first step laid out on paper.

Today's meeting in Halifax is expected to be in-​camera.

The prospective ownership group, Maritime Football Ltd., is hoping to be able to join the league in time for the 2021 season, with the biggest piece required being the financing and construction of a stadium to accommodate crowds of roughly 25,000.

CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie has endorsed the idea of an Atlantic Canadian franchise in principle and visited Halifax this past winter as part of his cross-country road trip. Two weeks ago he and a member of Maritime Football Ltd, Anthony LeBlanc, engaged with Moncton Mayor Dawn Arnold and New Brunswick Premier Brian Gallant to gauge their support for a team, which the league hopes to be representative of all of Atlantic Canada.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Halifax council meets with company pushing for East Coast CFL team
    The Canadian Press June 19, 2018

Halifax Regional Council received a private briefing Tuesday from the company hoping to bring a CFL team to the Maritimes.

Mayor Mike Savage confirmed councillors met with representatives of Maritime Football Ltd., but would not discuss the nature of the talks.

It took place behind closed doors as a last-minute addition to Tuesday’s council agenda, though it contained no references to Maritime Football Ltd., or the CFL.

Savage has previously said the municipality wouldn’t be pushing the issue, so as not to put taxpayers at risk over the cost of building a stadium.

Savage told Global News Tuesday that Maritime Football Ltd., had “advanced” their case in such a way that had firmed up the business model.

He said a public discussion may come at council’s July 17th meeting.

“You may be seeing something come forward in such a way that we can have a public discussion about the CFL in the next meeting,” he said.

“I think we’re at the point now where this has to come out and be public as much as possible … People want to see it in public and have a discussion about it.”

Earlier this month, CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie said there was still no definitive date for a yes-or-no decision for an expansion team based in Halifax.

He said the league is working with the ownership group, discussing their business plan and having them meet with CFL teams.

The big issue is funding a 30,000-seat stadium in Halifax.

Ambrosie and Halifax bid proponents Bruce Bowser and Anthony LeBlanc told a packed hotel ballroom in February they are maintaining a methodical approach to ultimately landing a team.

Ambrosie assured the largely enthusiastic audience at his commissioner’s “town hall” that the league is excited about the prospect after a previous attempt in the 1980s was scuttled because of the failure to land a stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    2021 would be awesome if they could pull that off.