I think this is a topic that might be good for the off-season once we've digested whatever happens today and the season as a whole. But I thought I would bring it up now as we settle in and consume all the media surrounding the game.

I got out of a promo interview for the Cadillac Lounge event with CP24 at the Bell studios about an hour ago (I feel like a kid on Christmas right now). Riding home I had an epiphany: the Argos are safest if owned by a massive conglomerate. Philanthropic billionaires are fickle and hard to find, while community owned teams really only make sense in media markets a tenth the size of our own.

At least for the foreseeable future, the Argos need a behemoth for whom a $1 or $2 million loss is a rounding error. The support the city brings in terms of corporate advertising revenues to TSN is worth the write down. And it's worth it to us as fans because our clubs, events, game day groups etc. have at least a chance of gaining regional reach.

So that's my two cents on Grey Cup Sunday. Feel the power of the dark side and raise a toast to BCE Inc. tonight.