Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
I agree that the Argos should do this, but they should go well beyond this and try to diversify their fan base. For example, signing up Drake as an ambassador, as the Raptors have done, after he sent a series of Instagrams during the Grey Cup game, would help attract young fans outside the typical Argo fan base. Russell Peters, who had ads running for his new show, The Indian Detective, that included comments on Canadian football during the game, might be another potential connection in linking to new fans. I am sure there are quite a few others.
Don't think those are the guys because I don't think their heart would be in it. Start with Theismann, Pinball, Flutie, Marner (at the games), cosy up to the Leafs (which seems to be happening already with Marner) find a young influential female celeb, continue promoting the tailgate, and promote the hell out of that kid's game CFL Fan Frenzy and get flag football going in every school. There should be a cool supporters group like the LumberJoes or Box J Boys, and there's a million other things like what Doug Smith touched on. Sounds easy, it isn't, but dogged determination will win the day.