Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Clearly the most important win in team history was on a windswept afternoon at Rosedale Field in October 1873 when the lads from Hamilton first came to town...

More seriously, the '83 win has to be the most important. It ended the drought and led to mass celebration but also represents a high water mark and the beginning of a decline that we're still discussing 35 years later.

Obviously we can hope this year's EF and Grey Cup are the end of that tunnel but it's way too early to say.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Strictly speaking to the issue of the Argonauts survival, each win is more important than the last.

Last year TSN covered the CFL very well but the Argos had a depressing season. This time around TSN did a good job and we won it all. Call me optimistic but I believe I am slowly seeing the Argos carve at least a solid foundation in the Toronto sports scene. They are not quite there yet but everything is slowly falling into place. I think CFL coverage in Toronto was way up compared to 2012, and that was the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto.

I predict a crowd of 22,000 at next year's home opener. Only time will tell what happens from there.