Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
The MLS' tv deals (ESPN, Fox, Univision) aren't just for the MLS though, it includes tv rights for the Men's and Women's National teams, so a chunk of that money goes to the USSF. The USSF needs the MLS to be successful, so they combined the rights.

The MLS' regular season ratings are similar to the CFL's (Playoffs: the MLS pushes well ahead), but I think you're right, $10 million US would be surprising. Heck, I'd love to see a $20 million US deal, and for the next Canadian rights deal to be $100 million, but being hopeful and realistic are two different things sometimes.
I think there are things in play right now and moving the season was also for a US TV deal. Just reading between the lines. There is an 8 month NFL gap currently and the CFL can fill some of that in the US with summer football. Football on a Football Network - seems to be a calling. I was hoping CFL would let TSN know what they want from a US TV deal and let TSN negotiate it with ESPN and NFL networks or anyone else. TSN could also use it to showcase their brand. Making the right moves now will only grow the CFL in the US.

If CBA moves to 8 - 10 million it does change how it would be viewed in the US college ranks as it could move all active roster players to $100K +. We might even have our 1st $1M dollar player in a long while