Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Predictions: The salary cap will not be at $10M even at the end of the next CBA. And CFL will not cede its bargaining with US network(s) to Bell.
    Concur.

Honestly, I bet the salary cap doesn't even start at $6 million in 2019. You're probably looking at $5.5-$5.75.

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    I think there are things in play right now and moving the season was also for a US TV deal. Just reading between the lines. There is an 8 month NFL gap currently and the CFL can fill some of that in the US with summer football. Football on a Football Network - seems to be a calling. I was hoping CFL would let TSN know what they want from a US TV deal and let TSN negotiate it with ESPN and NFL networks or anyone else. TSN could also use it to showcase their brand. Making the right moves now will only grow the CFL in the US.

If CBA moves to 8 - 10 million it does change how it would be viewed in the US college ranks as it could move all active roster players to $100K +. We might even have our 1st $1M dollar player in a long while
    Moving the start of the CFL season earlier could mean more CFL games televised in the US. There were even less CFL games televised on ESPN this year, I think there were only two games televised after the NFL season started on ESPN2. The East and West semis were televised on ESPN2 and the East final, when I tuned into watch the West final it was switched to the ESPN News channel and I would need the higher sports package to watch it.
    ESPN & ESPN2 are on the basic sports package for most providers in the US.
    The fact that ESPN will televise very few CFL games after August leads me to believe that the CFL ratings are terrible after NCAA/NFL begins. Americans are starved for football in June/July but then love their NCAA/NFL beginning in August with the pre-season.
    But ALL CFL games are streamed on ESPN3, but there is no way of knowing how many people stream since only TV viewers are rated by Nielsen.

I can't see the CBA being raised, why would the owners of teams that are losing money hand over any increase in TV revenue to the players? some of the owners have been losing money for years and to turn over any increase to the players would be crazy.
    Players need to realize that you are not going to get rich playing in the CFL, it's pretty good pay for 5 months work. If you want a million dollars then use the CFL as a prep to build your resume for a return to the NFL.

As someone stated above, the way that viewing has changed and millions cutting the cord, no guarantees that there would be an increase in the TV contract.
    It is unbelievable how most young people don't watch TV anymore they stream on their tablets/phones etc.
    The CFL TV ratings are down 300k from 2011.

Maybe the CFL will sell streaming rights to make up for ratings losses.
    Last edited by Flutie; 01-23-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Soccer's taking over right? ; )