Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by okguy View Post
    I am assuming that Toronto did not want him, and was not one of the multiple offers. Argos telegraphed that he was not in their plans. Cody has a better chance of being the actual #2 in BC, with Lulay injury record, also a unfortunate injury to Jennings puts Cody in a pretty good position. Trestman on other hand has 3 bums in McLeod Bethel-Thompson , Mathews,, krupok (something like that) and now the unproven James Franklin as the new #2 (who I btw think will be a bust). They did not want Cody, the fools
    How long until you get banned again. Can't wait to see your next identity.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    How long until you get banned again. Can't wait to see your next identity.
    I could care less, btw whats your problem? I am welcome at other forums, only a lifelong CFL fan. I am logging out right now, I hope it makes you happy. Whats that about bullying, you dont agree with CFL position I take it

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by okguy View Post
    I am assuming that Toronto did not want him, and was not one of the multiple offers. Argos telegraphed that he was not in their plans. Cody has a better chance of being the actual #2 in BC, with Lulay injury record, also a unfortunate injury to Jennings puts Cody in a pretty good position. Trestman on other hand has 3 bums in McLeod Bethel-Thompson , Mathews,, krupok (something like that) and now the unproven James Franklin as the new #2 (who I btw think will be a bust). They did not want Cody, the fools
    I wouldn't call any of them bums, especially in comparison to Farjardo. Personally I think Matthews is useless, and that Bethel Thompson only moved up the latter because he's a pocket passer, but I like Prukop's game, and the only thing Farjardo showed was that he could run around. Franklin has shown well every time he's stepped on the field, unproven yes, but also easily the most highly thought of QB prospect in the CFL today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Noted, but the statement that Maher is more erratic compared to Waters is just plain false.
    I did say it was my perception. I recall Maher being quite erratic in 2014 and also late in the 2016 season with Hamilton after playing well for much of that season. After looking at the stats, it isn't like Maher has been better than Waters. Waters has the edge in both FG percentage (however slight) and punting average.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    No surprise to lose Fajardo. I doubt we made him an offer. He's behind B-T in the coaches' eyes, and Prukop is a similar player.

Good to see Yell come on board.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos re-sign Khalil Bass and Jeff Fuller.
    The Bass signing I understand but bringing Fuller back is a head scratcher.

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/18/ar...r-khalil-bass/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Why are Mathews and Fuller still Toronto Argonauts?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level

Ugh, Fuller? Seriously?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post

With Bass back, I have a feeling the team is moving past Bear Woods, who is probably looking for a sizable 2 year deal; potentially his last contract.

And with some need out there for Mike's in the CFL, he had some market clout, although that is closing up for him quickly.

I think this team could trot out Bass, Plumber, Ball and Jordon and totally get the job done. Add the Canadians (Herdman, Onyeka, a Draft Pick) and a Nickle-back (Vaughan or Ford) and you've got some size, skill, experience and flex. There are big play guys in the mix there.

Bear tracks well, but with his body type he's on the verge of a downward trend. It may happen a little later (than sooner) but it will happen. 2 years is probably the sticking point.

Mark the Fuller signing as one of those deals that will have fans wondering; but really this is totally all about nothing ventured, nothing earned. He comes cheap and desperately needs to prove himself to continue his pro career. With that ability, mark this down as one of those sneaky good deals GM's make that can really pay off.

Keep in mind, the coaches know that injuries hurt him early, before he then lost his confidence. I believe he struggled with a hand injury last season which is a death knell for a receiver. With his ability and price tag, I endorse this deal as one that could easily surprise.

And if it doesn't? We move along. This guy can bring size, vertical and an outside shot at a breakout CFL season if he puts it together and stays healthy.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post

I'm surprised to see Fuller back too, but he wouldn't be the first player to bounce back after a bad year should he do something. Happy to see Bass signed. Love a guy that can play both middle and weak side. As time goes on, I don't see too many teams now having a need at MLB, and my hunch is that Woods will come back and take the Argos offer once he sees nobody will be offering what he's looking for..that is if the Argos haven't decided to move forward with Bass and Plumber.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Probably was a good fit for Popp and Trestman. Bishop has a few year CFL experience, can play in the League and I expect cap friendly. Not saying somebody better turns up at TC. But right now they have good depth behind Wynn. I think Bishop could take a few turns at RE, especially if he dropped few pounds.
    Bishop is another sneaky good (no brainer) re-signing. He has displayed big time run stop potential. He conceivable could be part of a potential ratio change should the Argo's ask Cleyon Laing to come in a little lighter to play in Butlers spot on the end. As for Bishop playing End? Nope, wrong body type. However, Laing has played that spot and (depending on D-Co) don't be surprised to see Laing get some reps there in TC as the team fiddles around looking for the best ratio blend.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I've lost a lot of respect for Jim Popp today. Popp signing Waters makes me wonder if Jim knows the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

Not sure what to make of the Heath signing either. Heath makes a lot of plays, but gets beat a lot as well. Reminds me of Ansah actually, just a bit better.
    Reminds you of Ansah, just a bit better? Really? Sorry man, but on what planet?
    Trust me, this 'over rated' narrative was only conceived in the dark corners of this little message board. It's convenient non-sense that was bandied about from those who were attempting to excuse Barker for anything and everything.
    Ask the players. Look at their Twitter feeds. Check the results. Consider what happened to the team when this player was initially traded. He's played what 2 seasons now? ....and has twice been a CFL All Star. He has been among the league leaders in interceptions, both seasons. He was rated the #8 top CFL Free Agent by CFL.com. He runs a 4.4 40. 8 NFL Teams saw something in him. Hey this is the CFL, ask the players, or the coaches and managers. Ask them if they think he's over rated. Sorry, but I imagine they will laugh out loud. Don't let some of these little narratives cloud your mind friend.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Also really surprised with the fuller re-signing - I thought he has played his way off the team last year. A turnaround year would be great though we could use it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree with Gonzo that the Fuller signing has potential. He should be incredibly motivated this year and if he finds his redemption, the Argos will benefit as well.

I like the Bass signing and still hope that Woods re-signs.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Fuller still has to survive camp so a contract now doesn't mean much. I'm surprised but not bothered.

Like the Bass signing. Woods wasn't an every down linebacker for the Argos so if he priced himself out and team would rather spend money elsewhere, I get it.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I'm happy to see Fuller get another shot. Maybe last year he had a bit of an NFL hangover?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Trust me, this 'over rated' narrative was only conceived in the dark corners of this little message board. It's convenient non-sense that was bandied about from those who were attempting to excuse Barker for anything and everything.
    Ask the players. Look at their Twitter feeds. Check the results. Consider what happened to the team when this player was initially traded. He's played what 2 seasons now? ....and has twice been a CFL All Star. He has been among the league leaders in interceptions, both seasons. He was rated the #8 top CFL Free Agent by CFL.com. He runs a 4.4 40. 8 NFL Teams saw something in him. Hey this is the CFL, ask the players, or the coaches and managers. Ask them if they think he's over rated. Sorry, but I imagine they will laugh out loud. Don't let some of these little narratives cloud your mind friend.
    The defence was vastly improved last season which made the number of Argo free agents on that side of the ball a concern.
    Although some have decided to inexplicably move on from the CFL’s flagship franchise and play elsewhere Popp has efficiently replaced them with some very good talent.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post

Sorry, but I'm stuck with judging football players on my own, based on actually seeing them play on a CFL field, and from 50 or so years of watching CFL football.

I like Heath and didn't like it at all when Barker & Scotty traded him away; he is a ball-hawk type DB with the INT stats to go with it; but he is not a super cover guy and he gets burned some, nor is he a great tackler, and the Bombers D-backfield last year was pretty mediocre a lot of the times.

I hope Heath comes in as a great fit for the revamped (again) Argo D-backfield; don't really care though if his fellow players or CFL "people" around the league say he is a superstar (the CFLPA all-star team has featured some laughable/joke selections over the years); he can prove it to us Argo fans by his play on the field this coming season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I'm glad the Argos brought Bass back. However, I've never been a Fuller fan, and even less so after last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:

Level
    Fuller has so much potential. Tall, fast, but not aggressive to get the ball. And drops too many.
    We'll see how he does in camp. Hate to see Woods go, but Bass is solid.