Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    CFL = Conspiracy Football League ?
    Gotta love that condescension too, as if you actually believe you're smarter than most CFL and Rider fans.
    Think it's funny that you slag Riderfans, yet you're on there quite a bit.

Interesting that yet again, you believe there's no pay gap, you might want to take a gander at how many American players have been bringing up this issue on twitter as of late, and over the years for that matter. Are they lying too ?
    Believe what you want OV, your schtick got tiring a long long time ago.

Well played Mauer - gotta love the "what conspiracy" card being played by your types - predictable as hell and very amusing.

And again - nice job on being a cricket with regards to total CFL $M$ distribution. Just not enough to your types that American players take up a majority of roster space and make way more money in total than Canadians do in the CANADIAN Football League.

I demand changes !!!; do away with the ratio, and ban Canadians from playing in the CFL unless they agree to minimum wage; more American players and more American decision making is desperately needed !!!

And if you really love hearing tired, clueless cliches bleated over & over again by some sheep - I'd suggest you spend more time on some other forums rather than here, pal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The vast majority of elite talent in the CFL are Americans, so it makes sense if they take up a lot of SMS money. TBH, OV there's no point in getting into this debate with you any further, since if I were to bring up the pay gap with some number,s you'd just disregard it as "CFL media types" lying.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm not ecstatic of this signing either. I would rather run with Pfeffer.
    Who are you, and what have you done with Angelo ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm fine with Waters, provided we have a good backup plan and he has a good training and stretching program. I'm dubious about Pfeffer being anything other than an emergency backup. He looked OK at first with us, but IIRC his performance tailed off shortly after his agent got refused for a 10-year contract. (Or was that someone on here?)

I'd rather have Murray than Heath. We don't know the money involved -- the tradeoff could look better, or worse, depending on that. Heath is a boom-or-bust guy -- makes some big plays and gets burned big at times. The former makes him valuable but may lead to him being overvalued.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wasn't the 10 year contract for Waters ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Who are you, and what have you done with Angelo ?
    LOL..Don't get me wrong. I've been talking about signing Van Gylswyk since I realized Lirim was a FA. Unless you have a Justin Medlock, I would prefer to use a National at the kicking spot. Both Pfeffer and Van Gylswyk have huge legs. A competition between those guys may have been the best thing.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Rico Murray provided versatility such that the Argos could play him at LB, HB or CB last season. I am not sure of T.J Heath provides such versatility.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Wasn't the 10 year contract for Waters ?
    Yeah, may have been. Seems to me both guys were declared the answer to all our prayers, but maybe only one of them merited a 10.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    For the record, I am also not crazy about bringing Waters back.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Rico Murray provided versatility such that the Argos could play him at LB, HB or CB last season. I am not sure of T.J Heath provides such versatility.
    Most of our DBs and LBs (other than Woods) played all over the field last year. We often had seven DBs on the field, with any of them potentially lining up outside, inside, tight to the line or at deep safety. Murray fit that scheme extremely well. Who knows if TJ can do that, but he likely needs to be versatile, if the scheme stays the same this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    For the record, I am also not crazy about bringing Waters back.
    Why not? - just don't hand him a job and instead have lots of real competition in TC.

IF Waters could possibly re-gain his one big Argo/CFL season form = he is the best dual kicker in the league - and by a large margin.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    LOL..Don't get me wrong. I've been talking about signing Van Gylswyk since I realized Lirim was a FA. Unless you have a Justin Medlock, I would prefer to use a National at the kicking spot. Both Pfeffer and Van Gylswyk have huge legs. A competition between those guys may have been the best thing.
    I'm really surprised that Popp signed Waters, when Maher and Van Gylswyk are both available. I would have been really happy with that scenario though, as I think both have a lot of potential, although Pfeffer does seem to have some injury issues - not sure how smart it is to have two injury prone kickers (Waters and Pfeffer).
    Last edited by R.J; 02-14-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Most of our DBs and LBs (other than Woods) played all over the field last year. We often had seven DBs on the field, with any of them potentially lining up outside, inside, tight to the line or at deep safety. Murray fit that scheme extremely well. Who knows if TJ can do that, but he likely needs to be versatile, if the scheme stays the same this year.

With Chamblin gone, not sure that moving parts scheme will stay the same ? (And Plummer was playing more in the middle at linebacker with Woods still on the field, especially in the 2 play-off games, seemed to me)

But IMO - good defences have lots of versatility and can give plenty of different looks. Chamblin did that last year, except for at DE where it mostly always the same 2 starters with no rotation - and that often produces weak efforts late in games, or in the biggest games - like the GC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I didn't think Murray was that good to be honest, versatile yes, but never excelled anywhere. Heath is hit and miss, but makes a lot of big plays, and when the Willy trade was made, it could easily be argued that he was the Argos best DB, although I'm not sure what that really says considering how bad our secondary was in 2016.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    As I mentioned before, I would have preferred Maher over Waters. Although Waters at his best is significantly better, his injury record and on again-off again FG kicking could become a major problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I didn't think Murray was that good to be honest, versatile yes, but never excelled anywhere. Heath is hit and miss, but makes a lot of big plays, and when the Willy trade was made, it could easily be argued that he was the Argos best DB, although I'm not sure what that really says considering how bad our secondary was in 2016.
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk, How did the Argos win the Grey Cup with a bunch of players that you don't think were very good?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk, How did the Argos win the Grey Cup with a bunch of players that you don't think were very good?
    Lots of good players like White, Gabriel, Ball, Woods, Plummer, Butler, Lemon, Laing, etc (Not to mention Trestman as the Head Coach). IMO, not everyone that dons the double blue is a legend.

New Fan
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Level
    Waters is a good guy happy to have him back, but Cody Fajardo is the guy I wish Argos could see as I do. This guy would be a great CFL starting QB, he should be given opportunity to compete for #2 behind Ray with Franklin.

The odds are against Franklin being what people are hoping, how many times have we been told someone is the next Warren Moon. Franklin may be another Adrian Mcpherson who I btw called as a flop correctly from the start.

Do I think Argos will hold on to Fajardo, no I dont. so if that is the case I hope he gets a chance elsewhere. If Argos made him solid #3 that would be ok, but anything less I like his chances better in Ottawa or Winnipeg.

Ottawa might be a good fit for Cody behind Harris, or Bombers behind Nichols and Durant. I dont see Durant doing much, a qbs dream might be to backup Durant, yes I know Durant is only #2. Mike O`shea is a smart guy

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Fajardo's problem is in Toronto is that he's not a pocket passer - having the pylon Matthews and unimpressive Bethel-Thompson given opportunities ahead of Farjardo show that.

New Fan
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Level
    Fajardo's problem is in Toronto is that he's not a pocket passer - having the pylon Matthews and unimpressive Bethel-Thompson given opportunities ahead of Farjardo show that.
    Yes it`s obvious that Trestman Popp feel as you say, but I am not sure that Cody would agree with that perception of him. He had very good passing numbers in college.

I say Trestman and Popp are wrong. BTW Doug Flutie might not be viewed as a pocket passer, just to name 1