Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
I can see all the starters back on offense. Green, Posey, Edwards, Cross and Coombs. Wilder, Ricky and the Offensive Line. There has been talk of Posey taking another shot at the NFL, but I don't know about that. He had enough playing time down there that he wouldn't be paid rookie wages. Teams could have a new late draft choice play for the minimum salary and take up the same position on the roster.
Having said that I would like to see a burner at WR that would put the fear into opposing defenses. Banks in Hamilton is a free agent. Maybe not him but somebody like that who can really stretch a defense. That would really help open up things under neath for Green and Company.

IF you're going to sign a burner type for the receiver corps, and Green, Posey, Edwards and Coombs remain the other 4 receivers in the 5 pack, wouldn't that burner have to occupy the wide-side WR spot ? - and they seem to want to go with the typical little used Canadian (Malcolm Williams or Ralph) at that spot?

I like the idea of real fast 5th receiver who gets some bombs thrown his way, to help stretch defences, but they did not use Williams that way = they have little faith in him or else he doesn't have the speed ? They could go with a fast import there, but that would mean playing a NI somewhere else in the line-up - on the O-line or somewhere on D - easily do-able IMO, but not if it's pre-determined that one of the 7 only NI spots is that wide-side WR; another option would be to use a NI there and actually use him on some deep routes - maybe Noel or Ralph could do the job, or they could try to sign FA Shaq Johnson from the Lions - had a pretty decent season and the guy has serious speed.