Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    And Argos ruining the turf is a problem? How does this even happen?
    I saw that as well and that is a total lie.

Might as well get this straight now. Before the Argos went to BMO the object of the TFC "fan" scorn were the "fat" "out of shape" baseball players. There is a significant amount of TFC fans who believe that if they attack other sports and denigrate them that will somehow make soccer/TFC look better and "take over". Neither the Impact or Whitecaps fans do this. Where it all turned was when it was announced the Argos were going to BMO, then you saw full on social media attack.

They post at CFL sites posing as fans and insidiously take shots and denigrate the CFL in any way they can. They do it here and at other CFL sites. They are usually allowed to get away with it and yet if a CFL fan goes to one of their sites they are banned immediately.

Now for the big lie. They like to tell everybody that football destroys their precious turf except that isn't true, it is soccer that does the damage. How do we know that? It comes from the mouth of the groundskeeper at probably the most famous turf in the world, Wembley.

Here is what he says

Tony Stones, Head Groundsman, Wembley Stadium

"We find most damage is caused by football (soccer) players digging in, turning quick, whereas an NFL game it's all solid, it's crunching together, Desso likes that, holds together well, it's when they're doing quick turns, your Rugby Union you get a bit of quick turning in that as well and a bit of scrummaging so you get a bit of mess from that but I'd say most damage comes from football (soccer)

It's warmups, football (soccer) warmups that are the worst thing, that's where we get the most damage from, especially the goalkeepers that will not use his portable goal, they insist on using his main goal that creates us some serious trouble" 51

Now since the sky hasn't fallen and a number of TFC people have seen reason, this issue is not as bad as it was but there are still many who post this lie, Now, the Argos are taking the high road and many TFC fans are classless as always (as seen from not posting congrats to the Argos until after it was mentioned) but that doesn't mean you have to turn your back to some of their tricks.

BTW, the part about soccer being the most damaging to turf is backed up by John Torres the head groundskeeper at Philadelphia's PPL park who hosted a seminar called "Playing Surface Management" at the 2015 MLS draft. Torres says that, though it surprises some people, soccer does the most damage to a playing field of the sports he's worked with. 25

Now before some people get all upset, I'm not trying to start anything, just telling it like it is/was, the situation is much better now, but when obvious lies are put out there, the experts' opinion is out there as well, and it's best to be "armed" with the truth.
    Last edited by rdavies; 12-15-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Maybe I missed it but did the TFC front office, on behalf of the club and the majority of the TFC fans (who I believe are reasonable individuals), ever post an apology for the tasteless "No Argos@BMO" banners prominently displayed just before the Eastern final?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Maybe I missed it but did the TFC front office, on behalf of the club and the majority of the TFC fans (who I believe are reasonable individuals), ever post an apology for the tasteless "No Argos@BMO" banners prominently displayed just before the Eastern final?
    Good question...not that I am aware of.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    why would they?

it wasn't done by the club, it was done by stupid classless children fans who wont grow up and learn to share what isn't theirs to begin with.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It's great that they didn't as it would have given the sign a larger profile in the media.