Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Intangibles can be extremely important: the best example in football... Jerry Rice.

Pinball and even better example, and from the CFL.

As far as Qbs with potential - lots of them have plenty of it. Jonathan Jennings was said to be the next CFL superstar (with the NFL to be calling soon afterwards) - and this after he flashed more than the bit of CFL QB skills that Franklin has shown; but Jennings faltered badly under pressure of being the Lions starter last season. Vernon Adams was a very good college ball QB (and also played great in the East/West Shrine all-star game) - Jim Popp traded away a 1st round draft pick to get Adams - who didn't seize the Als starting job and who was only able to make 3rd string on the Riders depth chart last season (still say Adams has lots of potential - IMO). Andrew Buckley had a completion % of 76.2 (better than any starter in the league) in over a full game worth of playing time for the Stamps last season.

As far as QB accomplishments in the CFL (and FAs) - Collaros, Harris, Masoli and Bridge have shown more than Franklin - stats wise and in playing in meaningful games - especially the first two.

I wouldn't count on Franklin being the starter anywhere. Going by what I've seen from the actual CFL field of play; that last game he had a start/playing time - against a defeated & demoralized Argo D in their $hite season - Franklin did look very good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Pinball and even better example, and from the CFL.

As far as Qbs with potential - lots of them have plenty of it. Jonathan Jennings was said to be the next CFL superstar (with the NFL to be calling soon afterwards) - and this after he flashed more than the bit of CFL QB skills that Franklin has shown; but Jennings faltered badly under pressure of being the Lions starter last season. Vernon Adams was a very good college ball QB (and also played great in the East/West Shrine all-star game) - Jim Popp traded away a 1st round draft pick to get Adams - who didn't seize the Als starting job and who was only able to make 3rd string on the Riders depth chart last season (still say Adams has lots of potential - IMO). Andrew Buckley had a completion % of 76.2 (better than any starter in the league) in over a full game worth of playing time for the Stamps last season.

As far as QB accomplishments in the CFL (and FAs) - Collaros, Harris, Masoli and Bridge have shown more than Franklin - stats wise and in playing in meaningful games - especially the first two.

I wouldn't count on Franklin being the starter anywhere. Going by what I've seen from the actual CFL field of play; that last game he had a start/playing time - against a defeated & demoralized Argo D in their $hite season - Franklin did look very good.
    Are you trying to insinuate that Buckley is better or has shown more than Franklin ?

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Are you trying to insinuate that Buckley is better or has shown more than Franklin ?
    Wouldn't stun me.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post

No - not at all - Buckley has less CFL playing time to go by; he does have a better career completion %, for what that is worth.

I realize some very usual suspect CFL fans would totally discount Buckley as belonging anywhere in the young QBs with CFL potential conversation - a young American QB who had put up those passing stats, and I'd bet it would be a totally different story. Just like there will be pretty well zero talk or recognition of Laval's Hugo Richard in that conversation or the one for the CFL draft. OTOH - there should be all sorts of amusing fawning over some young US college ball QBs who might be available to the CFL for TCs. ;o)