Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    A couple things:

1) This is clearly a deal for Friends and Family. Yes this gets abused and gets put into websites like RFD.

2) By purchasing your season tickets in advance you have many benefits a current consumer purchasing this deal does not. For example you cannot make it to a game you can exchange your tickets. Grey Cup Presales. ticket stock, You also know who your sitting beside each game and also had the first right at what seas those are. All of these things have a value. Now maybe these things don’t have the same value to some as to others but it is not fair to discredit them.

3) Variable pricing is prevalent in almost any business we look at. Do people go into a grocery store they have been doing business at for the past 20 years and demand a refund when an item they purchased goes on sale the following week?

4) The 25 percent is open to anyone who currently has more then one MLSE season ticket product. And if someone who is currently spending 4K on seasons with another team and the MLSE account rep needs a little leverage to get them on board with the Argos then Amazing. They get hooked and start purchasing at the same price the following year. That is a way better use of Marketing money then throwing up a billboard. I am sure we will see offers go to us for Marlies and 905 and TFC in the future.

5) I currently have 4 season tickets and I can never get anyone to pay for a ticket. I use them as a way to spend time with people. Guess what though if my friends start coming to games and it is packed due to promos like this all of a sudden it creates demand and those same friends will want in on their own accord. Thus increasing the value of my tickets

Look I know it sucks to feel like you have paid more for something and you as a consumer next year might choose to not renew and purchase on a single game basis. But look at the bigger picture when making that decision. Anyways just my point of view

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    1) This is clearly a deal for Friends and Family. Yes this gets abused and gets put into websites like RFD.
    Except it is all over Twitter and Facebook. I've seen links on Twitter from someone I don't follow (who works at MLSE) and on Facebook from one of my Facebook friends (who works at the CFL). I am pretty sure this is a push to sell tickets to anyone, not just friends and family, and that its dissemination online is intentional and not considered abuse.

I have posted the link myself. I'd like BMO packed for the opener, and I hope tons of people take advantage of these prices. I consider my season's tickets a legitimate way for me to support the continued operation of the franchise. But Argos1983 raises some valid points, and the organization needs to come to grips with those issues before offering season's tickets for sale next year.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    I do think they need to improve on the communication front of some of these issues.
    But until we reach a point where we have 15k season ticket holders and don’t need to depend so much on single game sales we will see offers like this. I just think people don’t look at the entire value of being a SSH and take into account some of the other perks that come along with that.

All good though Football season is here

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Though the promo doesn't bother me personally, I do see 83's point. Especially so soon into MLSE's tenure. Do it for the games that will have less demand (i.e. not the opener or the CNE game)

If it's done for just 2 games then the STH is still clearly the better deal all around.

It's a tough conundrum MLSE is in trying to change the optics with attendance. With more people wanting to sit on the west and the cameras point at the east stands, it's going to take a long time with gradual growth for it to start seeing a noticeable improvement.

In terms of the impact, one of my co-workers bought tickets to the CNE game and will be taking her husband to the first of both events after recently moving from overseas. At least they're not giving tickets away like last year but agreed ownership will have to appease those who are not cool with this too. A hard balance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    I do think they need to improve on the communication front of some of these issues.
    But until we reach a point where we have 15k season ticket holders and don’t need to depend so much on single game sales we will see offers like this. I just think people don’t look at the entire value of being a SSH and take into account some of the other perks that come along with that.
    Good point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really don't see the issue here. The Argos have a very small season ticket holder base, and on top of that have the lowest per game average in the League. MLSE wants more ticket buying fans in the stands; it'd be one thing if they were giving away thousands of tickets for free every game, but what did people expect ? Until the team is at a point as Treble stated in which we're selling 15k+ season tickets and Argo ticket are in demand; we will continue to see these deals.

As a season ticket holder I'm already a die hard; the object here is to bring in more fans to do the same. Now if these potential new fans as still paying considerably less for season tickets when they come aboard I could understand the whining.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

This about covers my feelings on the topic.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It's going to take a generation of native advertising and an absurd amount of winning to fill BMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Previously STH's were provided a number of tickets we could use to bring our friends and family. That was cancelled. Now it appears tickets can be purchased at a price cheaper that we paid as a STH.

So, remove perks for loyal fans who have been purchasing ST's and now reward casual buyers of tickets. How does that persuade anyone to purchase ST's next year?

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:

Level
    A couple things:

2) By purchasing your season tickets in advance you have many benefits a current consumer purchasing this deal does not. For example you cannot make it to a game you can exchange your tickets. Grey Cup Presales. ticket stock, You also know who your sitting beside each game and also had the first right at what seas those are. All of these things have a value. Now maybe these things don’t have the same value to some as to others but it is not fair to discredit them.

3) Variable pricing is prevalent in almost any business we look at. Do people go into a grocery store they have been doing business at for the past 20 years and demand a refund when an item they purchased goes on sale the following week?

4) The 25 percent is open to anyone who currently has more then one MLSE season ticket product. And if someone who is currently spending 4K on seasons with another team and the MLSE account rep needs a little leverage to get them on board with the Argos then Amazing. They get hooked and start purchasing at the same price the following year. That is a way better use of Marketing money then throwing up a billboard. I am sure we will see offers go to us for Marlies and 905 and TFC in the future.

5) I currently have 4 season tickets and I can never get anyone to pay for a ticket. I use them as a way to spend time with people. Guess what though if my friends start coming to games and it is packed due to promos like this all of a sudden it creates demand and those same friends will want in on their own accord. Thus increasing the value of my tickets

Look I know it sucks to feel like you have paid more for something and you as a consumer next year might choose to not renew and purchase on a single game basis. But look at the bigger picture when making that decision. Anyways just my point of view
    A few quick responses --- and I do appreciate your opinion, I'm just trying to point out the issues we are facing by engaging in this kind of sales tactic......

1) This was widely advertised to the public on twitter (I found it multiple times today with no effort).....for today at least, it was not a "private" type of sale.....

2) Yes, the things you mention have a "value" but if I could buy Golds for less than 1/2 the price (at a savings of hundreds of dollars), the ticket stock, ticket exchange (which frankly I could have just bought the games I wanted today anyways so that's really a wash), knowing the person I'm sitting beside is great but if I paid $800 for a pair of Golds and the person beside me spent $360 I'm not thinking the "extras" you mention make up for the disparity in cost (even greater for Platinums) for most people....again just my opinion.....in the alternative, some of us would have preferred to sit at the 50 yard line in Golds and not the 10 yard line in Navy's for the "same money" too had we been given that option.....

3) Variable pricing does exist in sports ticketing now much to my chagrin - however, its usually tied to performance or opponent or date --- but this is before the season even starts, it's not like this is based on performance as the season goes along.....variable pricing does not usually occur at this level of disparity with the STH paying this much more before the year even starts (usually its the opposite, the ST pays the least and then the pricing goes up or down from there) - and frankly most teams that do this will tell you that the public will always pay more than the ST cost ---my TFC seats cost about $20 a game as a ST --- now the public may pay anywhere from $25-$75 for my seats for individual games over the season depending on the opponent - but they never pay $15 from the box office....the same is true for Leafs and Raptors tickets.....in terms of ST cost and individual game cost from the box office (not secondary sites)......

4) I have TFC season seats and have had for the last number of years and the Argos as well -- I was not given the discount --- only new subscribers were offered the 25% discount (why not reward me for being such a great customer?)....so not everyone who has two (or more) different MLSE ST packages gets the discount.....

5) I have looked at the bigger picture and will likely not renew as a result -- I will bet others will choose not to do so as well --- frankly the newbie who buys the product "discounted" only is way less likely to stick around for the long haul then the person who has paid full price and who you treat well as they hold STs longer, they are much more likely to stick it out then someone who got in cheap --- and the FO told us this very thing all last year - no "cheap/heavily discounted" seats......

I appreciate your points --- but frankly this smacks me as very disingenuous to STH who renewed early in good faith --- it is not rewarding loyalty which most businesses believe is a much better model to keep your customers long-term -- - this is short sighted band-aid thinking which we were told repeatedly was not what this team was going to do going forward.....tarping sections and padding the stadium with 1/2 priced seats to make it "look full" smacks of desperation (apparently nothing has changed despite protestations to the contrary)...as soon as you tell someone their $20 seat is now $45-$50 most won't be back -- this has been proven repeatedly with this franchise over and over again.......I would love to hear from someone who spent full price to buy Golds or Platinums in 107/108 who is aware of this disparity from today, and is truly ok with this....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    This is nuts ----

So if you paid for Gold Season seats at $408 each you could have paid less than half that amount today at $180 each instead (9 x $20), and had an extra $228 per ticket to pay for the "missing" playoff ticket and the 15% discount card (and a few coupons) which you may or may not use --- I think I would have taken that deal of an extra $200+ per seat in my pocket thanks....

Platinum seats were $561 regularly and with the discount of $30 x 9 games it would be $270 per seat so an extra $291 (!!) per seat in the customers pocket and in exchange you would have to pay for a playoff game and lose a 15% discount card (and a few coupons).....gee I wonder which one people would take if given the choice beforehand.....
    I don't see how any rational STH cannot see this simple math as a significant disincentive to renew next year.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Previously STH's were provided a number of tickets we could use to bring our friends and family. That was cancelled. Now it appears tickets can be purchased at a price cheaper that we paid as a STH.

So, remove perks for loyal fans who have been purchasing ST's and now reward casual buyers of tickets. How does that persuade anyone to purchase ST's next year?
    Exactly my point.....

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    I don't see how any rational STH cannot see this simple math as a significant disincentive to renew next year.
    Thank you --- how anyone thinks a discount card, some cardboard tickets, and sitting with your friends (by the way you can sit with them in one of the many thousands of empty seats available for every game) is worth paying more than double for tickets is beyond me (and I doubt the people who are ok with it are buying Golds and Platinums at full price).....the point is that discounted seats are going to keep being offered in various amounts (Travel zoo has the first three games at 20% off or close to STH cost already), other MLSE STH got 25% off entire season seats being offered to them already....do you really think it's going to stop? of course not, despite being told that this practice was not going to continue as it would "devalue" tickets and then the public would never want to pay full price for them later on.....if you're going to do this crap (which I don't agree with), at least make a $5 kids ticket with every full priced adult ticket purchased, or a $50 family 4 pack (2 adults and 2 kids) at this point then? give discounts to people who have held ST for "x" number of years.....tie the discounts to getting "kids" in the stadium (the next generation of fans), or rewarding long-term loyalty....there should be giveaways and special alumni signings (widely advertised, not "someone" may be at the Barracks tonight) do this for every game too - bobbleheads, shirts, hats, theme nights - be creative.....so far I see very little of this and it's now year three at BMO......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    As I said, Argos1983 raises some valid concerns. Mgmt needs to be paying attention here. The diehards all want the team to become a successful business, and many of us show that support by buying season's tickets. If doing so starts to feel like a worse deal than being a casual fan, the bleeding will begin.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level

When you have individual tickets on sale at $19 not a lot of incentive to buy season tickets. Plenty of $19 tickets on the east and west sides not just end zone seats for the home opener and all games after that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    But the 19.00 singles can be bought as seasons for 159.00 which works out better than 19 (plus fees) x 9 plus it includes a playoff game. So yes seasons make more sense.

As to this promo which is no more. It was for 2 games only. When employees are saying speak to a rep about going with a different date, that was in context of a substitution so unless someone wants to create multiple Ticketmaster accounts with different phone numbers and emails, no one can buy a whole season at yesterday's sale.

Saying that, I do agree that there are other ways the team can give single game incentives like $5-10 child pricing which requires adults to pay the full fare.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    As I said, Argos1983 raises some valid concerns. Mgmt needs to be paying attention here. The diehards all want the team to become a successful business, and many of us show that support by buying season's tickets. If doing so starts to feel like a worse deal than being a casual fan, the bleeding will begin.
    I’ve said many times STH’rs are the lifeblood of any franchise and should be treated as such, especially by an organization that has struggled drawing fans for many years.
    Doesn’t matter who owns this team they all seem to struggle with this concept, the fact that they have once again put themselves in the position where these conversations are taking place boggles the mind.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I'm sure its no consolation but the BC Lions are losing STHs because fans have several ways of getting cheaper seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I think allot of sports teams are having this challenge these days. Even with the Jays, you can get tickets to most games for 6.00 USD on stub hub. Well below face value. For mid week games it's very common to get 100 level seats for under 20.00 USD.

I found it to be this way last year too when their ST base was well over 20K and it's 13K this year. No incentive to be a SHT or flex pack holder there either. MLB attendance is down 7% despite improved weather. I think the same thing will happen to the Raptors and TFC once their contention window ends.

The online secondary market has changed the landscape and teams are going have to sharpen their pencils again to get people to come back.

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I'm sure its no consolation but the BC Lions are losing STHs because fans have several ways of getting cheaper seats.
    how? the discount seats are all behind endzone. most STH in every cfl city sit sidelines