Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
I don't see prices rising right away but if they draw well in the next year or two and become even remotely trendy, tickets will go up. That would have happened no matter who owned the team, but MLSE is not going to unite behind the Argos unless they see this kind of success happening. It will be the price of success, I guess...still a good thing for the future of the franchise IMO.
And this is how it should have been to begin with anyhow. When MLSE*.66 bought the Argos, they should have went with reasonable ticket prices, and saw how it went from there. I'm really not sure why they assumed it would be a premium buy. I've never been to marketing school, but I've heard there's a school of thought. That is, that people don't know what a good product looks like, but they know what a popular product looks like. So popular becomes the proxy for a premium product. So if your product isn't popular, you don't charge premium prices for it, doesn't matter how good it is. So therefore if a product is not popular, its proxy for a subpar product, and you charge accordingly. Again, doesn't matter how good it is. Well MLSE*.66 totally disregarded that, and went for premium prices. They paid dearly for that, not just in lost ticket sales, but mostly in perception. It would have been better to offer low prices, then slowly raise prices gauged upon demand. But then again, I never went to marketing school, so what do I know....